NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

pac-12-logo.jpg

"Today, the third conference of the new NCAA FBS is the Pacific-12 Conference. We had wanted to continue with our current teams, but some schools elected to defect to form a new conference. The schools that left were Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State. We wish them nothing but the best in their new conference, and we have begun discussions for future bowl matchups.

"With that said, the PAC-12 searched for the correct teams to extend the opportunity to join our great and storied conference. After much deliberation and perspiration, four schools did join the Pacific Conference. Those schools are Fresno State, San Jose State, San Diego State, and Hawai'i. The new depth they bring will be a huge asset and we cannot wait to get started with our new alliance.

Pac12.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? You dumped us and ASU for the likes of Fresno State and San Jose State? I really hate when people throw the non-Pacific schools out just because of the name. Names are ultimately not so meaningful. The Big Ten hasn't had ten members for decades, but they've only added more members, not gone back to ten.

There are no realistic circumstances short of the conference dissolving that Arizona and ASU would stop being members of the Pac-12.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I, for one, love this realignment plan of yours for the Pac-12. It turns it into a true Pacific conference with members in California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.

Also, history may of played a role in what vicfurth did with this. Fresno State and San Jose State are good rivals in the Central Valley region. Hawaii played many of these schools in the South for years. I assume that vicfurth did his research when it came to the realignment plan, but this is a smart plan.

Exactly. It was less about "[dumping] us and ASU" and more about bringing in schools like Hawaii. It's never made sense that LaTech and Hawaii were conference rivals.

I also liked the notion of all the major California schools duking it out for state/conference supremacy. The Arizonas and Boises of this fake world will get their major conference, don't you worry. ;) I may make ya wait on it, though. Seems to be the thing everyone's wanting to see.

I haven't even mentioned my SEC and ACC switchups, either...

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Really? You dumped us and ASU for the likes of Fresno State and San Jose State? I really hate when people throw the non-Pacific schools out just because of the name. Names are ultimately not so meaningful. The Big Ten hasn't had ten members for decades, but they've only added more members, not gone back to ten.

There are no realistic circumstances short of the conference dissolving that Arizona and ASU would stop being members of the Pac-12.

Calm down... this is a concept, not real life. He said he has a plan for them.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and unrealistic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm not gonna get to worked up since this is a concept here but my problem isn't really this Arizona and ASU issue but rather that the south would almost certainly be a cakewalk for USC while the north would be really tough and competitive pretty much every game. I would try to even out the two divisions

maehl.png

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and unrealistic.

I for one actually love what Vicfurth has done with the PAC. It's not like Arizona and Arizona State had been in the PAC since the existence of the league and were one of its original members, they joined in 1978. How would it be unrealistic? More money offered from another Conference or an exclusive TV deal and I'm sure they would leave in a heartbeat.

3535rx3.jpg

I'm not gonna get to worked up since this is a concept here but my problem isn't really this Arizona and ASU issue but rather that the south would almost certainly be a cakewalk for USC while the north would be really tough and competitive pretty much every game. I would try to even out the two divisions

I can remember that issue being brought up when the big 12 was originally formed. The north seemed really easy for the likes of Nebraska and K State. However, the competition eventually evened out

My main beef is that there's too many California teams. There's no need for one state to take up more than half of the conference. I'd ditch Fresno State and San Jose State, replace them with Boise State and either Utah or Colorado, and adjust the divisions accordingly if it were my concept.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

My main beef is that there's too many California teams. There's no need for one state to take up more than half of the conference. I'd ditch Fresno State and San Jose State, replace them with Boise State and either Utah or Colorado, and adjust the divisions accordingly if it were my concept.

But it isn't. Anyways, most of the Pacific coast is taken up by California, so it seems fitting.

25yzwqg.png

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS

A Blast from the Past

Alright, guys, thus begins the new Pacific 12 conference. In all fairness, the old Southwest Conference was essentially the Texas Conference from 1991-96. That being said, a bunch of California schools shouldn't kill anyone. ;)

With the Bears, I went super old-school. I really started incorporating the undersleeves into my concepts as a main design element. In this case I went with a quad-stripe look that hearkens back to the 1920s. I felt that the traditional aspect of the uniform would really contrast well with the more-current looks throughout the rest of the conference.

I took the tapering yellow stripes off the helmet, leaving a clean blue shell and mask. The "Cal" wordmark is still on the side.

The jerseys are yet another two-color look--yellow on blue--as are the stripes. It's simple and straight-forward, but I really like the way it came out. This look, paired with Stanford, will make a rivalry that really winds the clocks back.

Potential Combos Are:

Blue/Yellow (Primary Home)

Blue/Blue

White/Yellow (Primary Road)

White/Blue

Yellow/Blue

CaliforniaGoldenBears.png

CaliforniaGoldenBears2.png

Too many sleeve stripes, but the helmet is vastly improved without the stripes.

Archived