College Baseball Uniform Thread

Bmac

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point of having six uniforms? Seems a bit excessive to me...

It makes perfect sense given the fact that most teams on the road don't have the option of washing their uniforms after every game, especially when an early afternoon game follows a night game. This is especially true for tournaments.

But, yes, the white script on FIU's uniforms does look tacky.

ou2.jpg

Unless my monitor's playing tricks on me, I believe I see EIGHT uniforms up there for Oklahoma.

Front row, left to right:

1) Pinstripe jersey w/"OU" on left chest

2) Cream jersey w/"SOONERS"

3) Red jersey w/"OU" on left chest, white pants, red hat

Back row, left to right:

4) Solid white jersey w/"OU" on left chest

5) Grey jersey w/"OU" on left chest

6) Red jersey w/"OU" on left chest, grey pants, grey hat

7) White jersey w/"SOONERS"

8) Grey jersey w/"OKLAHOMA"

That seems a bit excessive.

It makes perfect sense given the fact that most teams on the road don't have the option of washing their uniforms after every game, especially when an early afternoon game follows a night game. This is especially true for tournaments.

So why not have multiple sets of the same uniform?

Well technically OU has 7 jerseys, the red jersey is shown with a home and road option. But yeah, that's quite a few options. I love the cream uni, FWIW.

Didn't catch that one of the vests was gray, seven it is.

I agree, but on the other hand, I like each one...except the gray cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

TCU started the move from Pro-Line to Nike last year (tons of pro-line uniforms and 2 Nike ones). So far, this season they have worn 3 Nike uniforms (and there are still at least 2 that they have, but haven't worn).

Game 1 vs. Kansas

TCUbaseball11.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Game 2 vs. Kansas

KansasTCU2_001.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Game 3 vs. Kansas

KansasTCU6.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Game 4 vs. Baylor

TCU_Baylor138-vi.jpg

purple mesh top (swoosh on sleeve, rather than chest, this season) can be seen here:

And why the heck does FIU use a white script on their white jerseys? It looks awful. And it is based off the Padres script, not that that makes it worse.

UNLV does the same thing with two of their sets: a white jersey with black pinstripes with REBELS in white with a black outline and a red jersey with REBELS in red with a white outline. At least they have an interlocking LV as their cap logo, saves at least some decency with their look.

HumanitarianBowl.png

Those purple TCU Toronto-inspired alts are sweet.

Before Nike started making them, they were actually black. Maybe there is a black Nike versio for this season that I just haven't seen yet.

Last year's:

920c21489f12c2523daf1dadaebffcbe.jpeg

Before Nike started making them, they were actually black. Maybe there is a black Nike versio for this season that I just haven't seen yet.

Last year's:

I remember there being a road grey version of this uniform they wore when playing at A&M a few years ago. I really like TCU's set.

As far as A&M, it is mostly the same as last year. They altered their saturday uni's and got rid of the sholder yokes. Still have stupid maroon piping from the armpits down the side. There used to be a pinstripe uni that went with the pants, that wa susually worn on saturdays, but it hasn't been seen in awhile.

Friday

friday.jpg

Saturday (new)

saturdaynew.jpg

Saturday (old for comparison)

saturdayold.jpg

Sunday

sunday.jpg

LSU has switched from Russell to Nike for their uniforms. No major changes from that, just different nameplate fonts and the numbers dropped the drop shadow, and the white jersey's "Tigers" wordmark now matches the purple and yellow ones.

Nike:

picture2st.png

Russell:

2604435303_dc57cf1970.jpg

The Nike version of the yellow jersey also has slightly different sleeve piping.

Nike:

jl3pgi.jpg

Russell:

jl3g9E.jpg

kU6ns.gif

When it comes to wearing an insane amount of uniforms, no sport beats college baseball. I've been following Florida State baseball for years and still don't have a real clear picture as to the exact amount of hat/jersey/pant combos they have.

FSU2.gif

Last year's:

I remember there being a road grey version of this uniform they wore when playing at A&M a few years ago. I really like TCU's set.

probably these:

340x.jpg

cws-tcu-first-baseballjpg-c9e4797dc81afa04_large.jpg

Arizona wore white-white, gray-gray and red-white this weekend.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've got some college baseball media guides from the mid-2000's, and it was clear then that some teams are wearing a half-dozen unis per season, and swapping out 1-2 each year for new sets.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived