College Baseball Uniform Thread

Bmac

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those purple TCU Toronto-inspired alts are sweet.

I actually could not disagree more. When I saw them in here, my first thought was how brutally ugly they were, and my second was why the :censored: anybody would want to emulate the modern Blue Jays.

I'm going to agree with you on why anyone would want to copy Toronto's horrible look.

I actually could not disagree more. When I saw them in here, my first thought was how brutally ugly they were, and my second was why the :censored: anybody would want to emulate the modern Blue Jays.

I'm going to agree with you on why anyone would want to copy Toronto's horrible look.

Mark me down as a 3rd. TCU really shouldn't be going to the level of copying the Jays terrible style when you consider how incredible the TCU across the chest looks.

And on another note, I hate seeing Texas A&M using that beveled aTm so much now. The regular aTm looked so sharp and clean, the beveled just messes it all up for me.

FSU2.gif

I agree with you.

TCU's best looks (IMO) are the purple mesh top with the arched TCU and the plain white and grey uniforms with the arched TCU logo.

I think TCU looks good borrowing that word mark. And heck I remember LSU, Fresno State and Pepperdine all borrowing San Francisco's word mark style too

The difference is that San Francisco's 80's style wordmark looks good. The Toronto Black Jays, look like overly-designed crap.

Sidepanels have never once looked good on a baseball jersey. Not once. Please stop using them. Top to bottom and team for team no sport has worse uniforms than college baseball.

Absolutely. I've never understood why teams think sidepanels look appealing on baseball uniforms, because they end up cluttering the uniform and mismatching everything (you hardly ever see pants with those sidepanels). This isn't football or hockey, it's fetching baseball. The saddest thing is that if these teams would just take the sidepanel crap out, alot of them would have incredible looks.

Oh and BTW, I just want to throw this in there: I totally dig Texas A&M's stirrups. I wish every team in baseball, from little league up to the majors, made it mandatory for socks to be stirrups. Like, a set-in-stone uniform rule. It just looks so much better than solid socks. Now, I'd want to make a rule that makes every player wear the pantlegs rolled up, socks showing like the old days, but in this day and age, that's unfortunately wishful thinking. It's so bad nowadays, that it was my high school coach's team rule that pant legs would be worn DOWN. He hated socks showing for some strange reason. In effect, we all basically wore Manny-style pants. I hated it, because all my time playing baseball before that, I had socks showing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

When it comes to wearing an insane amount of uniforms, no sport beats college baseball. I've been following Florida State baseball for years and still don't have a real clear picture as to the exact amount of hat/jersey/pant combos they have.

Offhand, there are...

Home only - white with side panels, white pinstriped, white vest, white with interlocking "FS," sunday gold (with gold pants)

Road only - grey with side panels, grey pinstriped vest, grey with interlocking "FS"

Either - Garnet with "Seminoles," garnet with interlocking "FS" (it's actually a BP jersey, but they sometimes wear it as a jersey...there's a gold version that I haven't seen make it into a game yet)

There are four hats - solid garnet, garnet/gold, white/garnet, grey/garnet

So all of this brings up an important question: We see TCU and FIU blatantly modifying MLB wordmarks, yet there doesn't seem to be any repercussions like we see when high school athletic teams doing the same with NFL or MLB material. Why? Are the colleges getting permission to use modified Jays and Padres marks?

And on a similar note, anybody else remember when Creighton used the Blue Jays logos on their baseball unis? Complete with the maple leaf, even?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So all of this brings up an important question: We see TCU and FIU blatantly modifying MLB wordmarks, yet there doesn't seem to be any repercussions like we see when high school athletic teams doing the same with NFL or MLB material. Why? Are the colleges getting permission to use modified Jays and Padres marks?

And on a similar note, anybody else remember when Creighton used the Blue Jays logos on their baseball unis? Complete with the maple leaf, even?

There is a difference between using a wordmark or font and an unaltered logo.

Maryland does (or did) the same thing (Nats).

anybody see their hideous uniform number font this season:

slideshow_1002077428_rgz_ut_maryland_baseball_02.jpg

Almost as disgusting as Maryland actually winning a game in that series. Maryland is at best one of the worst major conference programs in the country. They're 3-60 all time against FSU.

Almost as disgusting as Maryland actually winning a game in that series. Maryland is at best one of the worst major conference programs in the country. They're 3-60 all time against FSU.

Texas lost to Texas A&M Corpus Christi yesterday

Texas lost to Texas A&M Corpus Christi yesterday

Sweet, that made my week. Go Islanders.

My company softball team had that font on our jerseys. Uniforms Express jerseys, they were called "Tiffany" font. The lettering that goes with it is just Red Sox lettering.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived