College Baseball Uniform Thread

Bmac

I really dislike how UVA's jersey font is so different than their hat font, which appears to be the standard UVa logo. I just prefer consistency between the jersey and the hat fonts.

Cal's jersey is too plain for a major university. I guess when your program was almost eliminated, you'll take anything?

They were officially reinstated on Friday, but the fundraising group is still short of their goal/target to keep the program covering its cost for at least the next seven to ten years as the they both attempt to secure more long term private financing for the program.

As for the uniform, the only other options they have are a "Varsity C" or the script "Cal". Like this:

cal-baseball-300x164.jpg

There also is/was a navy with "Bears" in a font like the Padres used to have and what many softball teams and Irvine use.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does North Carolina wear white home jerseys? I've only seen them this year wearing the light blue.

Carolina has a staggering number of uniforms, including at least one white (a faux-vest with carolina blue sleeves and underarm). They wore them against Miami in the ACC Tournament. They tend to dramatically shorten their uniform rotation in the post season. They've also got at least six hats.

And, at the risk of quoting myself, they're at it again today. Different white hat (because, really, who doesn't need more than one hat in the same color?)

Does North Carolina wear white home jerseys? I've only seen them this year wearing the light blue.

Carolina has a staggering number of uniforms, including at least one white (a faux-vest with carolina blue sleeves and underarm). They wore them against Miami in the ACC Tournament. They tend to dramatically shorten their uniform rotation in the post season. They've also got at least six hats.

And, at the risk of quoting myself, they're at it again today. Different white hat (because, really, who doesn't need more than one hat in the same color?)

They do have a ton of hat options.

Looks like Texas is wearing their "old" uniforms.

They do have a ton of hat options.

Looks like Texas is wearing their "old" uniforms.

I can think of six that I know they wear this year. 2 whites, 2 greys (following the same pattern as the whites), the less-good-than-what-I-own navy, and the two toned (Carolina crown, navy bill).

And Texas should have worn the orange hat. I detest pinstriped uniforms and unpinstriped white hats.

So far, I think that this has been a pretty poorly dressed CWS.

You know, seeing how Nike brought out a new style jersey for Texas just for Texas to be the first school knocked out made me think of this.

Is it me, or does whenever Nike decides to put out something new mid-tournament, it backfires? It happened to 4 schools in the lacrosse tournament last month within a game or two of switching up jerseys/adding volt (and ironically enough the Nike school that stayed the same won), now it's happened to Texas in baseball, and I'm sure it's happened with hoops the way they put out new uniforms during conference tournaments. And we all know what happened with Oregon's national title game uniforms. It seems like it's heading into jinx-status

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Arizona basketball certainly seems to partially disprove your theory, but then again we got ours mid-season instead of post-season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You know, seeing how Nike brought out a new style jersey for Texas just for Texas to be the first school knocked out made me think of this.

Is it me, or does whenever Nike decides to put out something new mid-tournament, it backfires? It happened to 4 schools in the lacrosse tournament last month within a game or two of switching up jerseys/adding volt (and ironically enough the Nike school that stayed the same won), now it's happened to Texas in baseball, and I'm sure it's happened with hoops the way they put out new uniforms during conference tournaments. And we all know what happened with Oregon's national title game uniforms. It seems like it's heading into jinx-status

It's just you. TCU, Boise and Florida all did fine with their new tech for this years bowls. I'm sure the schools that got Hyper Elite basketball uniforms at the end of the 2010 season did just fine. Nike has be giving new cleats to teams in the post season in multiple sports and they have done just fine, too.

Texas wore old uniforms today and lost just the same as they did with the new unis. That has nothing to do with it.

It's just you. TCU, Boise and Florida all did fine with their new tech for this years bowls. I'm sure the schools that got Hyper Elite basketball uniforms at the end of the 2010 season did just fine. Nike has be giving new cleats to teams in the post season in multiple sports and they have done just fine, too.

Texas wore old uniforms today and lost just the same as they did with the new unis. That has nothing to do with it.

I know getting new jerseys don't affect how you play, but it just striked as an odd coincidence to me. Also, the HyperElite were introduced in the middle of February, not March, and if we want to get into the whole coincidence thing, UConn collapsed once they got those and missed the tournament.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I know getting new jerseys don't affect how you play, but it just striked as an odd coincidence to me. Also, the HyperElite were introduced in the middle of February, not March, and if we want to get into the whole coincidence thing, UConn collapsed once they got those and missed the tournament.

And that's all it is, a coincidence. Lots of new teams got the new stuff (in lots of sports) and only 1 can win so of course lots of teams with the new stuff didn't win.

I think they got new shoes, too. So did Carolina. And they played in the elimination game. Probably a conspiracy of some sort.

Ooo, someone mentioned Oregon's uniforms, now I can go on a rant again and say how are uniforms are awesome and that you guys are just smelly old grandpas who just aren't cool enough to like them!... eh; not today.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think they got new shoes, too. So did Carolina. And they played in the elimination game. Probably a conspiracy of some sort.

I posted a picture of them in the other thread. Nike does it every year. They are just next years cleats in team colors. These also had an outline of nebraska on the back and red star over Omaha.

I really dislike how UVA's jersey font is so different than their hat font, which appears to be the standard UVa logo. I just prefer consistency between the jersey and the hat fonts.

Cal's jersey is too plain for a major university. I guess when your program was almost eliminated, you'll take anything?

I feel pretty much exactly the opposite w/r/t your view on conflicting fonts. Florida went from the really fantastic interlocking UF on the hats and the football helmet script on the jerseys to the uniform, forward leaning font, which makes one of the worst baseball hats I've ever seen.

I feel pretty much exactly the opposite w/r/t your view on conflicting fonts. Florida went from the really fantastic interlocking UF on the hats and the football helmet script on the jerseys to the uniform, forward leaning font, which makes one of the worst baseball hats I've ever seen.

yeah they made a really bad move going from the UF logo to their current F hat. The entire thing looks like crap with the block numbers, which are not drop shadowed the way the Florida is on the jersey. Really thrown together bad uniform.

FSU2.gif

yeah they made a really bad move going from the UF logo to their current F hat. The entire thing looks like crap with the block numbers, which are not drop shadowed the way the Florida is on the jersey. Really thrown together bad uniform.

The F logo is one of the best logos in all of sports. They need to get rid of the GATORS script on there jerseys and change it to same font as the F logo is and they're golden.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Agreed - the UF logo is a far superior baseball hat logo than the slanted F. I like the football Gators script as well, but even a standard block "FLORIDA" with outline would look better than what they have.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The F logo is one of the best logos in all of sports. They need to get rid of the GATORS script on there jerseys and change it to same font as the F logo is and they're golden.

They already do that.

478294389_iJAbZ-M.jpg

Compare to these, IMO much better looks

florida_gators_baseball.jpg

LaPortaUGA.jpg

FSU2.gif

They already do that.

478294389_iJAbZ-M.jpg

LaPortaUGA.jpg

We'll agree to disagree then.

They already do that.

478294389_iJAbZ-M.jpg

LaPortaUGA.jpg

We'll agree to disagree then.

That F logo is vastly inferior. I loved the old interlocking UF hats (and even the block F that predated them), and I'm an FSU fan.

Archived