Anaheim Kings?

alwaysr92

Well the first Super Bowl I saw was the Dolphins-49ers in SB19.

I remember watching the 49ers as a kid whenever the Rams were not on TV and I liked the way how Montana, Rice, Lott play and I remember my dad gave me a NFL Huddle stamp of the 49ers.

As for the Dolphins I was a fan of Dan Marino and I like the way he play and after he retired I stick by the Dolphins and rooted for the Fins ever since!

Interesting. I've got similar stories as to my clubs, as well.

Oh yeah that cool Wildwinger and I am a Chargers-Padres fan because of my ties to San Diego.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle = No new building means no NBA team. It's that simple.

Well the Sonics moved because the owner pulled a Cleveland Browns. I think if Seattle get either the Kings or Hornets they'll played a couple year @ the Key Arena until a new arena is built.

As much as I'd love to see Seattle obtain another NBA team, the Kings won't go there. Anaheim is the only option I can see them taking. Even L.V. sounds out of the question in this case. I'd rather see the NBA place an expansion club there.

Yeah you're probably right and if I know my way to the Honda Center I would go to see Anaheim Kings and unless they used Los Angeles I got no problem with the Kings keeping their name.

Anaheim Kings doesn't sound terrible. But, I'd rather see a name change. As a Ducks fan, it just sounds weird to me that I would like the Kings and hate the Kings? It's just odd for me.

LOL You're probably right plus the NBA Kings & NHL Kings almost have the same colors. I would go with either the Condors, or the Express.

Anaheim Express doesn't sound too bad. I'm not too much into Condors, though. I kinda like the Surf. Or they could always go ABA style and switch to the Amigos. ^_^

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Well the first Super Bowl I saw was the Dolphins-49ers in SB19.

I remember watching the 49ers as a kid whenever the Rams were not on TV and I liked the way how Montana, Rice, Lott play and I remember my dad gave me a NFL Huddle stamp of the 49ers.

As for the Dolphins I was a fan of Dan Marino and I like the way he play and after he retired I stick by the Dolphins and rooted for the Fins ever since!

Interesting. I've got similar stories as to my clubs, as well.

Oh yeah that cool Wildwinger and I am a Chargers-Padres fan because of my ties to San Diego.

I'm all over the place with my teams. LOL. But, as I stated in another post, I like So Cal clubs. So, though I'm a Ducks fan, I'm only partial to the Angels cuz I'm more of a Chi-Sox guy.

Well the Sonics moved because the owner pulled a Cleveland Browns. I think if Seattle get either the Kings or Hornets they'll played a couple year @ the Key Arena until a new arena is built.

As much as I'd love to see Seattle obtain another NBA team, the Kings won't go there. Anaheim is the only option I can see them taking. Even L.V. sounds out of the question in this case. I'd rather see the NBA place an expansion club there.

Yeah you're probably right and if I know my way to the Honda Center I would go to see Anaheim Kings and unless they used Los Angeles I got no problem with the Kings keeping their name.

Anaheim Kings doesn't sound terrible. But, I'd rather see a name change. As a Ducks fan, it just sounds weird to me that I would like the Kings and hate the Kings? It's just odd for me.

LOL You're probably right plus the NBA Kings & NHL Kings almost have the same colors. I would go with either the Condors, or the Express.

Anaheim Express doesn't sound too bad. I'm not too much into Condors, though. I kinda like the Surf. Or they could always go ABA style and switch to the Amigos. ^_^

Condors is about the only name there that isn't completely terrible. I think they'll stay the Kings. St. Louis fans cheer for the Cardinals AND cheer against the Cardinals (Arizona). I'm sure Ducks fans can deal with it.

Condors is about the only name there that isn't completely terrible. I think they'll stay the Kings. St. Louis fans cheer for the Cardinals AND cheer against the Cardinals (Arizona). I'm sure Ducks fans can deal with it.

That's true. I mean, I won't have any objections over the name Kings. Especially since it's a seperate sport. I'd just naturally rather see a name change.

Or they could always go ABA style and switch to the Amigos. ^_^

I think the ABA nostalgia kick has run its course if we are commemorating abject failures of franchises.

('Course Miami did wear those Floridians throwbacks a couple of years ago... :rolleyes: )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, but St. Louis to Arizona is very different from LA to Anaheim in terms of distance and actual rivalry, and they wouldn't be sharing an arena.

And if the Samuelis and the Ducks are helping fund the move, that would be even weirder to have them stay as the Kings. The two Kings share colors, now they'd share a television market, and it'd be weird.

"Come see the Ducks take on the Kings at Honda Center on Friday, and come out Saturday night as the Kings take on the Lakers" :blink:

No, they'd have to change the name.

I'm also curious to see where they go with the location name. Anaheim? Orange County? California? Southern California? Los Angeles? (although I doubt it would be LA, and if there is another "of Anaheim," I'm shooting something)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I picked the Condors because back in 96 Press-Telegram held a name the team contest when everyone thought the Seahawks was going to move to LA. I do like the Express and the Surf is a name that represent Anaheim and I forgot about the Amigo I would love Anaheim bring back that name.

Yeah, but St. Louis to Arizona is very different from LA to Anaheim in terms of distance and actual rivalry, and they wouldn't be sharing an arena.

And if the Samuelis and the Ducks are helping fund the move, that would be even weirder to have them stay as the Kings. The two Kings share colors, now they'd share a television market, and it'd be weird.

"Come see the Ducks take on the Kings at Honda Center on Friday, and come out Saturday night as the Kings take on the Lakers"

No, they'd have to change the name.

I'm also curious to see where they go with the location name. Anaheim? Orange County? California? Southern California? Los Angeles?

My point exactly. But, if they bring the team to Anaheim, call them Anaheim. I don't see the need to call them something different.

I picked the Condors because back in 96 Press-Telegram held a name the team contest when everyone thought the Seahawks was going to move to LA. I do like the Express and the Surf is a name that represent Anaheim and I forgot about the Amigo I would love Anaheim bring back that name.

Same here, HAHA. I would actually rock an Anaheim Amigos jersey.

So on Feb 21 2012 here's how LA TV look!

Lakers- KCAL 9

Clippers- My13

Kings?- KTLA 5 or KDOC 56

I think that the re-located Kings would end up on KDOC; KDOC's ownership group include Henry Samueli, and I think they'll get first dibs on a broadcast deal if the Kings should decide to move to Anaheim. Like their arrangement with the Ducks, it wouldn't be surprising if Fox Sports Net handles the production of the basketball Kings telecasts. It's only going to be for a season, but should Fox Sports ink the Kings for a broadcast rights deal, they'll have a already busy roster of teams to schedule for air time. After 2011-12, the Lakers will be gone from Fox Sports West, and even with the Clippers, I'm sure the powers-that-be at FSN would want a team that's going to fill those dates lost by Laker coverage.

Lakers- KCAL 9

Clippers- My13

I think that the re-located Kings would end up on KDOC; KDOC's ownership group include Henry Samueli, and I think they'll get first dibs on a broadcast deal if the Kings should decide to move to Anaheim. Like their arrangement with the Ducks, it wouldn't be surprising if Fox Sports Net handles the production of the basketball Kings telecasts. It's only going to be for a season, but should Fox Sports ink the Kings for a broadcast rights deal, they'll have a already busy roster of teams to schedule for air time. After 2011-12, the Lakers will be gone from Fox Sports West, and even with the Clippers, I'm sure the powers-that-be at FSN would want a team that's going to fill those dates lost by Laker coverage.

You may be right Madman plus KDOC is a indy station so they don't have to worry about show conflict and I been hearing that the Angels may return to KTLA in 2012.

As for KCAL they'll going to lose the Lakers after next season and I think they may end up with the Clippers and I also think the Kings will also be on KCAL..

The hockey team LOL.

Lakers- KCAL 9

Clippers- My13

You may be right Madman plus KDOC is a indy station so they don't have to worry about show conflict and I been hearing that the Angels may return to KTLA in 2012.

As for KCAL they'll going to lose the Lakers after next season and I think they may end up with the Clippers and I also think the Kings will also be on KCAL..

The hockey team LOL.

Just throwin this out there, but for years there has been talk of Arte Moreno wanting to create his own Angels channel, like what the Yankees have with YES, maybe if the Kings move to Anaheim, there would be a joint venture between the three Orange County teams to create an OC sports network or something along those lines.

P.S.- I think it would be cool if they branded them the "Orange County -----", but "Anaheim ----" would be cool, and for gods sake, IF they move to anaheim and IF they get a new name, can we please stop with the "oh, are they gonna call themselves the "Orange County Kings of Anaheim slightly below Los Angeles" its just not funny anymore haha

Here's a stupid idea for a new name: the Anaheim Orange. I mean hell, it works for Syracuse, doesn't it? :P (I know, I know...throw the tomatoes at me.)

Seriously though, whatever they come up with, can they PLEASE feature orange in their identity? Since the Bobcats wussed out and went primarily slate blue on us, no team primarily features the color. And I'm sure I ain't the only orange-lover around these parts. Shoot...they can even use the Ducks' color scheme. And quite frankly, I think orange, black, and gold/copper/whatever-they-call-it could work damn fine in the NBA.

Somebody make it happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why not just go Anaheim Royals and go back to their ancestral name?

Well more pieces are starting to fall in favor of the move to Anaheim. The Maloofs were supposedly busy during the All Star game break approaching other owners seeking approval for the move, which they supposedly have should they go through with it. And they've yet to give the city of Sacramento arena development group led by ICON the paperwork they promised they'd provide on Feb 9th so the ICON group can complete it's 90 day study. We're over 20 days into the 90 and still no paperwork...

I hate to say it's a foregone conclusion, and it's painful for me as a Kings fan to say this, but they're gone. I'd wager a good amount of $ that March 1st will be not so much a decision as a confirmation of all this circumstantial evidence.

The Florida Panthers are the most irrelevant team in sports history. Even mentioning them here gives them more attention than they deserve.

Agreed.

The Islanders had a dynasty 30 years ago they have had a rough 20 years but that dynasty still means something.

Again, twenty years is too long of a period in which to suck and still be considered a good franchise. Also, they have one of the worst owners in sports in Charles Wang.

The Coyotes are battling for first place as we speak they are just an ill-placed team that if they moved to a market that cared about hockey would do well.

The Coyotes only still exist because Bettman is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake.

The Clippers have always been awful they have won one playoff series since leaving Buffalo they have only made the playoffs 4 times in 35 years in a Sport where 16 teams make the playoffs. They have finished in last place countless times. They have lost 50 or more even more times. They have never had a star player that they have been able to keep healthy or keep from leaving.

Most of this took place before this past decade, which is the timeframe in which I have argued that they've improved. I agree that before 2000 or so, the Clippers were the worst franchise in sports. But they are no longer near as dysfunctional now as they were back in the dark days of the franchise, where the team practiced at a public gym and Sterling didn't resign any players. It is possible for a franchise to improve - look at the Patriots, for instance, or the Mavericks.

They share an arena with the biggest and most successful team in the same period of time.

The Jets share a stadium with the far-more-successful Giants. Nobody calls them the worst franchise in sports.

Their logo with different colors and a different font is similar to that same team.

...because if there's one barometer you can REALLY judge a franchise's success by, it's their logo. :rolleyes:

Your the one saying that present success is more important then the past, aren't the jets more successful than the giants currently?

Why not just go Anaheim Royals and go back to their ancestral name?

Yes, while "Kings" is also a name currently being used by another team in the Major-4, nobody's gonna switch from a current duplicate name to another name currently being used. Either stay the Kings or go something else. Hell, maybe they can beat Brooklyn to the "Knights", unless they already secretly have it trademarked. The Anaheim Knights. Sounds good. But my money is on them staying the Kings. Change up the color scheme and I think that'll be enough to seperate them and the hockey Kings. I say either black and gold, or even black and orange with orange as the primary. Throw in the gold as an accent to go with the Ducks, but focus on the orange. I think done right, it could work for a team called the Kings.

Archived