LIONS LOGO CONCEPT

detam

Not to discourage you, but I would start over with a different pose all together. It is too similar to the current logo's perspective and pose, but it doesn't match the quality. I don't think going this route will yield the result of "Wow, this is much better than their current one!" But if you try something completely different, and keep working at it and refining it, who knows?

Think outside the box.

Just articulated what I've been thinking. Maybe a stalking pose like the old logo, or him standing and looking up proudly.

ok thanks guys for the ideas. im working on some different ones right now. does anyone know how to the fisheye effect in inkscape?

Lionshelmet.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

detroitlogos.png

Here are three looks and a look for the helmet. I went to the more traditional logo because lions fans seem to like an older look. I think for this logo and uni's that i make imma stick with black, smoke, and Honolulu blue. thoughts?

Lionshelmet.png

g4003.png

C&C?

Well first thing I'd do is cut the number of colours you've used. You've got what 4 blues, two greys plus black and white! Unless you're trying to make the Lions the new Bills (and I hope not as they've finally seen the error of their ways) you need to cut back.

The second piece of advice I'd give is if you're going to add highlights or shadows make them worth adding. Right now you've got all these tiny wee slivers of highlight and shadow going on which will disappear the minute the logo is reduced small enough to use on say a trading card. Remember logos dont just go on helmets they need to be fit for other purposes too.

The third and final thing I'd say just now is work on getting your outer lines and inner lines to match. They dont have to run perfectly parallel sometimes having lines that vary slightly can be useful when it comes to indicating light and shade but even then the shaped must match closely enough as to look smooth. Take the side of the mouth as a prime example of what I mean.

This could be an interesting logo with some time and care spent on it to polish it up.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

g4003.png

C&C?

Well first thing I'd do is cut the number of colours you've used. You've got what 4 blues, two greys plus black and white! Unless you're trying to make the Lions the new Bills (and I hope not as they've finally seen the error of their ways) you need to cut back.

The second piece of advice I'd give is if you're going to add highlights or shadows make them worth adding. Right now you've got all these tiny wee slivers of highlight and shadow going on which will disappear the minute the logo is reduced small enough to use on say a trading card. Remember logos dont just go on helmets they need to be fit for other purposes too.

The third and final thing I'd say just now is work on getting your outer lines and inner lines to match. They dont have to run perfectly parallel sometimes having lines that vary slightly can be useful when it comes to indicating light and shade but even then the shaped must match closely enough as to look smooth. Take the side of the mouth as a prime example of what I mean.

This could be an interesting logo with some time and care spent on it to polish it up.

9erssteve

Ok thanks for the advice i'll try the things you talked about!

Lionshelmet.png

Now that's c/c.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really think that some of these comments are just plain mean. I mean, the head actually is done pretty well. I again, would say that the rest needs to be worked out. The lion you made way above was just walking, which isn't intimidating or anything, but if you try that in a different stance, like its low to the ground about to pounce, your designs could work well.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I actually like your start on the grey lion with the blue main in post #23. I like the two-colors and the fact that you are not attempting to get too detailed or "ferocious". I think that could probably be tweaked into a solid logo...would want to face him the other way though, given the usual view of the helmet we see in marketing materials.

I am biased, but I prefer full-body animal logos to head logos and I know I am in the minority. Plus, the last thing the NFL needs is another cat head logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I actually like your start on the grey lion with the blue main in post #23. I like the two-colors and the fact that you are not attempting to get too detailed or "ferocious". I think that could probably be tweaked into a solid logo...would want to face him the other way though, given the usual view of the helmet we see in marketing materials.

I am biased, but I prefer full-body animal logos to head logos and I know I am in the minority. Plus, the last thing the NFL needs is another cat head logo.

THAT is very true. Although the Bengals one should be their primary. It is a thing of beauty.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

dRD6G.png

Wow thanks man this really helps! Most people dont understand that these are just some of the first logos that Im ever doing on computer so I need all the help i can get, and this will really help!

Lionshelmet.png

I really think that some of these comments are just plain mean. I mean, the head actually is done pretty well. I again, would say that the rest needs to be worked out. The lion you made way above was just walking, which isn't intimidating or anything, but if you try that in a different stance, like its low to the ground about to pounce, your designs could work well.

Will definetly try with body and the poses that you suggested

Lionshelmet.png

Archived