Bmac's MLB

Bmac

So, not to sound like a whiner or anything, but it really is discouraging to post concepts here anymore. When I first started doing concepts people where very helpful and did a good job of giving comments and criticism. I thank those of you that still do. However it is frustrating to put so much work into something and not have the desired feedback. Personally, I just do this for fun, because I enjoy it. I would just post everything on my blog, but I post here first because I want feedback. Without that, I'm not sure what the point is of posting concepts here is anymore. Again, I don't mean to sound like a big complainer, but I wanted to put this out there. And this goes for all designers, not just myself. Thanks.

I hear you man. I've made some concepts too, but I've probably spent less than 10% the time you take on your concepts, and even for me it's discouraging to only get two comments on it. This is the first time that I've posted in this thread, and to be honest that's because these concepts are so good that I don't really know where to improve. This is hands-down my favorite series on these forums.

So excited to see the Astros concept! And on the Marlins set, my only suggestion would be to put the Miami script on the road alternate. Otherwise, great concept, keep up the good work.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. Like you said, it's pretty simple, but that's not always a bad thing. I think pretty much anything with Astros and orange/blue is awesome. The cream color you have there makes this even better.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Not digging the cream in this set. I think white would work better.

I love how the orange looks on the grey jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Great job with the Astros. I would consider this a huge improvement over what they have now. By the way, don't replace the cream with white. The cream looks amazing on this set.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Wow, how did I miss this, lol? Anyways, it's a 10/10 for me. The home uniform looks great in cream. One of the biggest problems I've had with the black Astros cap is that it's hard to see from a distance(no contrast between the black and burnt orange). As usual, that is fixed here. I'm a huge fan of the font and the patch(I'm glad you kept the shooting star logo and the font screams HOUSTON ASTROS. Good choice). Again, good choice on the cream because that's a color that can be used throughout the entire set. Also, when I think of Texas, I think of a dirty, vintage, cream color. The road jersey is nice. I like that you outlined it in cream. The alternates are my favorite of the set. Especially the navy alternates and the star-crested ones. I would have rather seen blue lettering on the orange alternate. It would look better with cream numbers and letters if the orange was darker. For this current shade, I think navy letters and numbers outlined in cream would be better.

BP Jersey is perfect. Once again, a very solid job Bmac.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I've said it before and I've said it again: the MLB needs more colour. Too much white, gray, and black.

And since you want C&C:

-Add more piping to the cream ones

-Fix the font (the serif on the bottom left corner of the 9 bugs me)

-The cream is a bit too much. Would look great as a secondary colour, but not primary

I think the reason you don't get much C&C is because there's really not much to improve on: the concepts are all really good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks for the feedback on Houston. I think it is good as is, so I'm moving on.

Kansas City Royals

I feel like people are going to dislike this, but oh well. I feel the Royals have so much potential for a great identity but they fall short. And I'm really not a fan of the Dodger-ripoffs. With that said, KC has built up a brand over the years so I didn't want to completely start over. I kept the logos and scripts but added more color. Gold is finally used on the uniforms, and a black is back as an accent color. I'm sure people will see it as BFBS, but I feel it adds needed depth to the set. To balance the colors properly I used drop shadows. I included several alternates, including a fauxback uniform inspired buy the Negro League Museum in KC.

RoyalsPrimaryLogo.png

RoyalsHome.pngRoyalsRoad.png

RoyalsAlt1.pngRoyalsAlt2.png

RoyalsAlt3.pngRoyalsAlt4.png

RoyalsAlt5.pngRoyalsBP.png

Get rid of the black, and it's great. Right now, the black is on some uniforms a lot and others barely at all. It doesn't work. But I LOVE that gold alt and the off white one is gorgeous.

If you drop the black, it's basically perfect.

25yzwqg.png

I see your intentions for adding black (I did it with the Lions too), but it needs to be tamed a bit, IMO. It's incredibly present on some, and missing on other uniforms. I'm not so sure I'm sold on the gold alt either. It's a little funky for baseball I think. It's definitely a nice start, I just think you brought a lot of ideas, maybe too many, and tried to jam them into a set where they would fit.

Archived