Bmac's MLB

Bmac

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing updated but the removal of the slate color jersey and the C on the cap though. The script on the home pinstripes and road pinstripes still is blurry to read. Id suggest either get rid of the pinstripes all together so the script would be more legible or not have the script be outlined so much. BTW what font is that?

3535rx3.jpg

the mountains in the main Rockies logo looks too cartoonish. take out some of those lines and make the mountains much wider. the Rocky Mtns arent that "pointy", which actually reminds me more the Alps.

the C with the mountains is way too much stuff in one space. thats just looking terrible. take the mountains out of that and just roll with the C

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Here is the updated set for the Cubs. The most notable change was adding the road pants and cap to the blue jersey, something I meant to do originally but forgot. Any more comments on the Cubbies?

CubsAlt2.png

Chicago White Sox

Alright guys, I need a little help with this one. I have so many ideas for the ChiSox and I had trouble condensing them all into a reasonable number of uniforms. First off, pinstripes are used on the home and road uniforms. I went with the old style font for the numbers and road wordmark to match the pre-existing Sox logo. I alos made a new alternate logo that can be found on the sleeves. It is a C with the diamond and white socks in the middle. The alternates is were it gets tricky. I have a black home alternate (C logo with black pants and white cap), a road alternate (Sox logo with black C cap), white pinstriped vest, and cream fauxback. I am sold on the fauxback, the white alternate cap, the black pants with a black jersey, and the C cap. As for the jerseys, I would rather eliminate one black jersey and I am not sure about the vest. Thoughts? Finally, the BP uses more gray and the C logo.

WhiteSoxLogo.png

WhiteSoxHome.pngWhiteSoxRoad.png

WhiteSoxAlt1.pngWhiteSoxAlt2.png

WhiteSoxAlt3.pngWhiteSoxAlt4.png

WhiteSoxBP.png

I would love some input on this one!

Being a White Sox fan, I'll be nice about my feeling about the Cubs. I like the concepts. Although, I'm not sure how I feel about the solid white Cubs vest. I'm not saying it's bad. It's something great that's different. The White Sox concept is fantastic. I like the take on the late 70's era script on the jerseys. It reminds my of my very first White Sox game. Great job and I hope to see more. And one more thing, sorry for reviving a thread that hasn't been posted in for a few days.

newlongheader.jpg

Chicago White Sox

Alright guys, I need a little help with this one. I have so many ideas for the ChiSox and I had trouble condensing them all into a reasonable number of uniforms. First off, pinstripes are used on the home and road uniforms. I went with the old style font for the numbers and road wordmark to match the pre-existing Sox logo. I alos made a new alternate logo that can be found on the sleeves. It is a C with the diamond and white socks in the middle. The alternates is were it gets tricky. I have a black home alternate (C logo with black pants and white cap), a road alternate (Sox logo with black C cap), white pinstriped vest, and cream fauxback. I am sold on the fauxback, the white alternate cap, the black pants with a black jersey, and the C cap. As for the jerseys, I would rather eliminate one black jersey and I am not sure about the vest. Thoughts? Finally, the BP uses more gray and the C logo.

WhiteSoxLogo.png

WhiteSoxHome.pngWhiteSoxRoad.png

WhiteSoxAlt1.pngWhiteSoxAlt2.png

WhiteSoxAlt3.pngWhiteSoxAlt4.png

WhiteSoxBP.png

I would love some input on this one!

I wish they really used this.

• 2 weeks later...

Detroit Tigers

As "classic" as the Tigers' identity is, it has many flaws. The use of two different Old English Ds bugs the heck out of me, I went with the skinnier cap logo. I also applied this change to the primary logo, a tiger wrapping around the D. The home and road uniforms do not connect well enough, IMO. They have two different themes going on, they need to pick one and stick with it. I went with the simple theme here, using a touch of orange on the home (sleeve patch) and slightly more on the road (cap). I used a new wordmark for the road, one I think fits in better. I'm normally against this, but I included two navy alternate jerseys. One for home use only and the other for the road. The BP utilizes the new primary logo on the front.

Primary Logo Comparison:

TigersLogoComparison1.png

Alternate Logo (yes, it's been done a million times before):

TigersAlternateLogo.png

TigersHome.pngTigersRoad.png

TigersAlt1.pngTigersAlt2.png

TigersBP.png

I missed the two or three before this concept...

I really like the Indians concept, I think it is a great modernization to the retro theme they have going on.

The Rockies concept is awesome, most the time people just go for the round C off the flag and that kind of gets old but I love the font you used here and the Mountain logos, the only thing I was iffy on was the Black/Purple hat, it's kind of different but thats not always a bad thing.

As for the Tigers, I like the logo update but like BJ said the tiger is missing his left hip, I think you could add a little more orange to the uniforms but thats just me.

Great Series once again, can't wait to see more.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Seems kinda like the tiger in the updated logo is missing his left hip. But I love the road jerseys, nice job overall.

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, that back side does look a little awkward, just fix that and it will be perfect. Also, this is probably the best MLB concept thread I have ever seen on these boards, I do hope you keep it up even though the lack of replies (which I don't get why).

3535rx3.jpg

I'm loving the two on the left, but something about the word mark on the right jerseys is just... off. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I love their current word mark. I think the D paired with the font you chose doesn't really match up well, it's mostly obvious in the secondary logo. Dig the BP jersey too.

I'm loving the two on the left, but something about the word mark on the right jerseys is just... off. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I love their current word mark. I think the D paired with the font you chose doesn't really match up well, it's mostly obvious in the secondary logo. Dig the BP jersey too.

It's the same font, (Old English)

3535rx3.jpg

It's the same font, (Old English)

Same style, yes. But same font? The T and the Tiger's D don't look good together at all in that secondary logo is what I'm saying.

Nice job on my home team! The new logo looks great as well as the secondary. I fell in love with the alternate jerseys. I've always wanted them to do something like that.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Oh man, these concepts are great BMac, especially my Red Sox and Tigers. I love what you've done with each team, and the Cubs, Indians, and White Sox are all huge upgrades. With Davidson and Robbman disappearing now, it looks like you and Buc are some of the last few artists here I enjoy keeping an eye on.

Colorado Rockies

Let's be honest; the current Rockies identity is bad. The logos and wordmarks are terribly outdated, and the uniforms look like the White Sox from the back. Purple is barely used at all, thank goodness the purple alt is back this season. That said, the identity is not a complete waste. I made a new primary logo, based on the original. A new font is used throughout the identity. The uniforms feature the new wordmarks and a new C/mountains logo on the cap. The last alternate is a bit...different. It is a dark gray, representing the mountains. I'm not completely sold on it...

RockiesPrimaryLogo.png

I really like this primary. I even had to check as I thought this might be a new logo they were going to start using. Great use of the purple. I like how you darkened the purple, but not so dark that it gets lost in the black - it's just about perfect.

Not real issues here. I have a jersey and cap idea. Maybe if I get extra creative I'll post it. One thing though, yeah the Dark gray is a bit rough on the eyes with the purple. I might try going with the black for the script on the dark gray or you many want to use the silver/light gray if you want purple.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what font was used? Excellent updated font - definitely has that Colorado old-west mountain feel.

Archived