NY Knicks Were Thinking About Changing Uni's

pamrhein

On the Knicks' online store, Anthony jerseys can be pre-ordered but are not expected to ship until April. The NBA's online store is not promising shipment until May.

The problem, Modell said, is that the team recently decided against altering its uniform design for 2011-12, leaving adidas with a limited inventory because the company had been anticipating a change.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/delays-in-getting-carmelo-knicks-jersey-1.2707640

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article was about replica unis. Maybe they're just not making more of those at this point until the new stuff is unveiled.

Yeah, but

"The problem, Modell said, is that the team recently decided against altering its uniform design for 2011-12, leaving adidas with a limited inventory because the company had been anticipating a change."

Don't you interpret that to mean that the team uniform itself (what they are going to wear on the court) isn't going to be altered? When he says "team" I think he means the actual players, not the people who make the replica jerseys.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Wouldn't they have had to notify the NBA that they're switching jerseys awhile back? If so, can't imagine this decision just came out of the blue.

If it's right, it's disappointing though.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Why are they wearing their away blue at home tonite rather than white? Yet Milwaukee is in their away greens ...

nba_a_melo12_576.jpg

Thats not the away, thats the HWC Jersey

Beyond the intrigue of watching Carmelo play his first game for the Knicks, that was a beautiful (uniform-wise) game to watch. It wasn't perfect, but it just shows how much the late 1990's screwed up the identity of most teams.

yeah i just relistened to modell's interview from this morning and it's very disjointed.

from what he said, it sounds like we can make the following assumptions:

1) the knicks planned on going to something similar to what they wore tonight: a throwback, black-less look

2) adidas (even though he said reebok on tv/radio this morning) didn't have enough of the 2010-'11 replicas in stock to mass produce melo jerseys at the drop of a hat

3) the knicks have now decided against a change

HOWEVER

this doesn't add up. it would seem to me that, like xTr1pleXx said, the league would have been notified about the change already and it would be too late to scrap it. so who knows?

i will say this: their throwbacks are selling like crazy. the online stores sold out of the personalized throwbacks in sizes 48s, 52s and 54s within minutes of them taking the court tonight.

maybe paul will shed some light on this at UW tomorrow morning

sig2024.png

The one thing I don't like about old Knicks uniforms is that orange is the base color instead of blue on the home whites. I love the orange against blue on the road, but royal blue is a far better base color than orange with a white uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Beyond the intrigue of watching Carmelo play his first game for the Knicks, that was a beautiful (uniform-wise) game to watch. It wasn't perfect, but it just shows how much the late 1990's screwed up the identity of most teams.

I have to disagree that the game was beautiful uniform-wise. The bright blue of the Knicks' uniforms made the Bucks' dark green look more like a drab almost-gray green. The two colors just didn't match up well visually to me, although I must admit I like both of the jerseys on their own.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Why are they wearing their away blue at home tonite rather than white? Yet Milwaukee is in their away greens ...

nba_a_melo12_576.jpg

Thats not the away, thats the HWC Jersey

how long until color v. color becomes the norm?

Archived