NY Knicks Were Thinking About Changing Uni's

pamrhein

Why are they wearing their away blue at home tonite rather than white? Yet Milwaukee is in their away greens ...

nba_a_melo12_576.jpg

Thats not the away, thats the HWC Jersey

Beyond the intrigue of watching Carmelo play his first game for the Knicks, that was a beautiful (uniform-wise) game to watch. It wasn't perfect, but it just shows how much the late 1990's screwed up the identity of most teams.

how long until color v. color becomes the norm?

Not anytime soon considering the league as a mandate that all "designated home" uniforms must be white. Lakers grandfathered in (get that outta the way before someone says, "what about the Lakers?").

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What era are these HWC's from? It's not exactly the mid-90s. Look:

HWC Uniform

wilson-chandler.jpg

1990s John Starks

john-starks.jpg

The logo on the shorts is a little different. Must be 80s.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

What era are these HWC's from? It's not exactly the mid-90s.

The logo on the shorts is a little different. Must be 80s.

1990-1992 uniforms are the "throwbacks", which they screwed up; the NOB should be vertically arched, which it isn't.

The one thing I don't like about old Knicks uniforms is that orange is the base color instead of blue on the home whites. I love the orange against blue on the road, but royal blue is a far better base color than orange with a white uniform.

What about the current uniforms?

Raymond+Felton+Amare+Stoudemire+New+Jersey+jIuwXpx82vOl.jpg

I'm no expert, but I can't remember the last time they used blue numbers. Not since the 1950s? My memories are all with orange being the primary color. Even when they dabbled in red and blue, blue was the secondary color at home.

32228_01_lg.jpg

it's for west baltimore

He's from NY.

Isn't it obvious, he's sponsored by World Bank.

He was born in Brooklyn, but grew up in Baltimore.

exactly. born in brooklyn, moved to baltimore when he was young. then went to townson catholic high school in baltimore for 3 years then went to oak hill academy his senior year of high school.

The black really pops.

And makes the uniform look terrible. We can always count on you being the counter-voice of reason.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Would like to see them simplify, and go to something like this as a logo.

dfa679f3.png

Slap this on the shorts of the early 90's uniform & midcourt? To me, that's a winner.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Double orange -- I like it. Seriously, that looks very nice. Someone else here had a similar concept in white that didn't look bad either. Both removed the superhero-ish shadow and cleans the whole thing up quite well. Simplifying makes sense to me.

Talkin about this?

NYK_new.png

I guess I don't have the same aversion to black trim as most of you do--I don't mind it at all in the Knicks' set, nor did I mind it in the Mets' uniform scheme...before they went overboard with it. That said, the uniform in that picture of John Starks posted above utilizes too much black i.e. the sidepanels are too wide. This may be the inner Batman fan in me speaking, but whenever I think of "Gotham City" (which for some reason the Knicks uniforms remind me of), I think of nighttime. Royal blue = night sky, meaning the black could equate to shadows. Don't know if this is making sense (once again, I'm drugged up), but just figured I'd toss that out there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I guess I don't have the same aversion to black trim as most of you do--I don't mind it at all in the Knicks' set, nor did I mind it in the Mets' uniform scheme...before they went overboard with it. That said, the uniform in that picture of John Starks posted above utilizes too much black i.e. the sidepanels are too wide. This may be the inner Batman fan in me speaking, but whenever I think of "Gotham City" (which for some reason the Knicks uniforms remind me of), I think of nighttime. Royal blue = night sky, meaning the black could equate to shadows. Don't know if this is making sense (once again, I'm drugged up), but just figured I'd toss that out there.

i'm on record for my aversion to black in the mets' scheme, and i feel the same way about it in the knicks'. i just don't think royal blue and black work very well together, especially when the orange is involved. Buc, i get the "NYC at night" thing, but i just don't think it clicks. just my humble opinion.

still wondering about the validity of modell's claims, too. anyone have any further info on that? did some checking with some people that may be in the know, but haven't turned anything up yet.

sig2024.png

Archived