NY Knicks Were Thinking About Changing Uni's

pamrhein

Would like to see them simplify, and go to something like this as a logo.

dfa679f3.png

Slap this on the shorts of the early 90's uniform & midcourt? To me, that's a winner.

Very nice. Clean, modern... a definite upgrade.

Another reason I like it is that it gets rid of the unnecessary triangle in the background of the current logo. Bucks' logo has the same problem.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they wearing their away blue at home tonite rather than white? Yet Milwaukee is in their away greens ...

nba_a_melo12_576.jpg

Thats not the away, thats the HWC Jersey

Beyond the intrigue of watching Carmelo play his first game for the Knicks, that was a beautiful (uniform-wise) game to watch. It wasn't perfect, but it just shows how much the late 1990's screwed up the identity of most teams.

how long until color v. color becomes the norm?

Not anytime soon considering the league as a mandate that all "designated home" uniforms must be white. Lakers grandfathered in (get that outta the way before someone says, "what about the Lakers?").

my point being that the rule seems to be allowing more and more exceptions over the past several years to the point that the league may change it

Double orange -- I like it. Seriously, that looks very nice. Someone else here had a similar concept in white that didn't look bad either. Both removed the superhero-ish shadow and cleans the whole thing up quite well. Simplifying makes sense to me.

Talkin about this?

NYK_new.png

Yep, that's the one. I like either that or JQK's as an update for the Knicks. Most we'll probably see is the token as a secondary "primary," which I've been noticing more.

Would like to see them simplify, and go to something like this as a logo.

dfa679f3.png

Slap this on the shorts of the early 90's uniform & midcourt? To me, that's a winner.

This is quite nice, but I think the second orange makes it look a little to bubbly-cartoon. Ditch that dark orange, and I think it looks more professional, though I do like it as is. The line weight is nice. Very substantial.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, but as bad as that wordmark looks in front of a triangle, it looks 100x worse without it.

This is one to buck the NBA's recolor trend - the only solution is to blow it up and start fresh. The Knicks have never had a good logo. Closest was the Father Knockerbocker, and even that was deeply flawed.

One thing I do not understand is why would they introduce Carmelo and Billups at the press conference with the throwback jersey if they were not switching back full time? The Sixers did it with Elton Brand the season before changing their uniforms.

Also, could they FINALLY be getting the proper shade of orange to use?

story_xlimage_2011_02_R2833_Knicks_Carmelo_Anthony_MSG_Debut_vs_Bucks.jpg

It seems that for the longest time they used a variation of red instead of orange which imo, made for terrible jerseys:

tony+mason.jpg

Archived