Wyoming Football Concept Update-izzle!

wyopokes2

This is something I originally posted over on a Wyoming message board. I thought I would take it over here since you guys give really good C&C. The first few paragraphs are kind of background stuff that you can skip. But I would really enjoy some feedback. I know the the bucking horses on the brown pants don't match at the moment and I'm trying to fix that. I'm also working on unifying the striping to match better. Thanks to Andrew Harrington for the template also

I really hate our football uniforms. The are not unique by any means. Missouri, Baylor, Wake Forest, Air Force,Houston, and more use the same template. Wyoming did do some unique things this season. It started with the Boise State game when they shocked everybody coming out in yellow Nike Pro Combats with brown pants. The jerseys were of the 2009 syle because the still featured the ugly shoulder flywire. The set also featured a special helmet. We would eventually wear these again against Colorado State in the Border War. The brown pants would make more appearances in the year when we played San Diego State and BYU. While it was a step in the right direction I would like to see Wyoming be more unique.

Air Force broke out these sweet unis for rivalry games this year. They then combined it with a different helmet for their bowl game. TCU had several different uniform combos being one of Nike's Pro Combat schools. They wore 3 different helmets, 4 jerseys, and about 5 different pants. I want Wyoming to be unique, but not that unique. We all know how many combos Oregon has. Over the past 10 years Wyoming has seen several changes on the football field. I wanted to try to modify our current image into something that could last for a few years and something that really screamed Wyoming.

I threw in a Brown helmet to bring back the 1975 look. I also put a white helmet as an alternate. I gave the Pokes a Brown, White, and Yellow alt. There are 2 sets of pants; a white a brown set. Lastly I put in a special one time uniform with all the proceeds of the game going to Ruben Narcisse's family. The jerseys and helmets would be auctioned off after the game. Tradionalists are probably going to hate this, but I had fun making it and would like to see the Cowboys do something like it. Please comment and give some feedback. Without further ado, here they are (click for full size):

Home Sets: home2ex.th.pnghome1q.th.png

Away Sets:away1i.th.pngaway2r.th.png

Alternates:alt1r.th.pngalt2.th.png

Special: wyoconcept.th.png

Great stuff!! My uncle is a prof a UW so I pretty much go to more Pokes games than I do any of my teams :P These are great unis! Especially like the special set. Only change I'd make is number font. UWYO could stand out with a wester number font!

PPq00.png

Very interesting stuff...from the one person on these boards who should have a vested interest in all things Wyoming.

I've always been a fan of Wyo's athletic identity--well, the colors, anyway. Well...the brown and yellow, that is. Did not at all like when they went through the brown and champagne phase...the yellow(gold) stands out much more. That said, I also like the number set Wyo currently uses...I believe it's the same as TCU's (it's the "5" that really does it for me).

As for this...the barbed-wire striping is a nice touch to use in leu of striping, though I'm somewhat curious how that'd transfer over in real life. (Maybe you should mock up one of those photoshop NCP templates to bring this to virtual life, if you have PS.) I personally wouldn't want Wyo in anything other than a white helmet, but as a one-off alternate, I can dig the brown shell...especially if it were to be worn with the yellow top over brown pants. Speaking of which...aside from said yellow tops, there seems to be a noticeable lack of yellow in the other two combos. I can see why--perhaps you prefer matching helmet/pants colors...but to me, Wyo's been doing the white/brown/yellow thing for so long, it's pretty much become their signature of sorts. Still, on their own, the other two primary combos still look pretty darn good. Can't say I'm a fan of the black alternates however, even though I understand your reasoning behind them. Overall, pretty spiffy work here.

(As an aside, I came thisclose to being in Wyoming for that game against Boise State when they broke out the NPCs. I was a teeny bit miffed when I got back here and saw on Presswire that they rolled out a new combo. Would've been nice to see those, as well as Wyoming itself, in person.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love what you have done here. I have always like Wyoming's unis up until that past 5-10 years. For me, the home brown/brown/brown is just too much brown. I think you can do 2 things to really take this over the top IMO.

1. Make the brown helmet, yellow jersey, brown pants the standard home (like when Oregon State does black helmet, orange jersey, black pants; I love how that bright jersey just pops against the rest of the uni)

2. I actually think the barbed wire on the jersey would look better moved from the side panel to the shoulder seem.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I love what you have done here. I have always like Wyoming's unis up until that past 5-10 years. For me, the home brown/brown/brown is just too much brown. I think you can do 2 things to really take this over the top IMO.

1. Make the brown helmet, yellow jersey, brown pants the standard home (like when Oregon State does black helmet, orange jersey, black pants; I love how that bright jersey just pops against the rest of the uni)

2. I actually think the barbed wire on the jersey would look better moved from the side panel to the shoulder seem.

I think the shoulder stripe barbed wire could be very interesting. I still like the barbed wire as is, but I think the shoulder idea could be even better. I really like the brown helmets too. They are unique and could work even better with a little more yellow in the uniforms. Good work.

I think the shoulder stripe barbed wire could be very interesting. I still like the barbed wire as is, but I think the shoulder idea could be even better. I really like the brown helmets too. They are unique and could work even better with a little more yellow in the uniforms. Good work.

Alright I have an update coming here that has barbed wire on the shoulders, more yellow, more consistent colors, and possibly different numbers :P

First of all, I think the brown is too dark and really taking the concept down a notch. Secondly, I like the idea of the barbed wire, it's just to thin to be good, at least the way you have it. Maybe make the barbed wire larger. Maybe make it a bit larger and place it between two stripes. Then again why not do a fence post on the sleeves and on the pants. If you're using the Pro Combat template, go wild. If you don't want the fence post to stand out, then make it sublimatted.

I think your update is awesome. I think making the barbed wire thicker defeats the purpose of it looking like barbed wire. I do agree though that on the shoulder it would look better on the seem (the seem between the shoulder and sleeve) and move the # back down to the sleeve. Also the white on yellow and yellow on white wire is hard to see, just go with brown there. The Brown Helmet Yellow Jersey Brown Pants is still the best home option IMO.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I sincerely believe that the Pokes could use a black jersey, so kudos there. I've always thought that though. I think they overemphasize the brown and don't make the gold prominent enough. Still, I like the prairie gold jersey and think it'd be popular. No matter what, I do agree lots of uniform diversity would be great here and spice thing up a bit, but...the university is pretty conservative on these things of course and don't exactly hire the right brand experts to help with these matters as they should.

Nice work.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I liked the one barbed wire striping better than 2. I ve always liked Wyoming's football helmets and colors. I like the white helmet/brown jersey/ white pants home look best. It's what I think of when I think of Wyoming. Im not a fan of the yellow pants or jerseys. I only like the yellow as a compliment or outline on the brown.

I was actually lucky enough to attend a game in Laramie 7 years ago against CSU in a blizzard and have been somewhat of a fan since. Never been in a parking lot of dirt and mud before, but it was fun/unique.

The barbed wire is genious. Nice job on these.

• 2 months later...

I just found this. These are really awesome. For the home uniforms, I think that Cowboys would be more appropriate than just WYO, but that's just me. Also, perhaps sprinkle in a yellow or a white face mask from time to time to change it up a bit. Cool work.

I really like the idea behind this but I have a problem with one thing in particular.

I believe the barbed wire should be the same color on each background. For example, if the barbed wire is one color--say brown--on a white helmet, the wire should also be brown on a white uniform or white pair of pants.

Consistency would be nice when it comes to the barbed wire color in relation to the background color. Other than that, this is well done, and I like it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived