Wyoming Football Concept Update-izzle!

wyopokes2

I think Wyoming has a great thing going in terms of school identity. They have a unique (if not pretty) color scheme, they are the only D-1 school in the state, and the fact that they embrace the Cowboy mascot as part of the school culture is fantastic.

I think the best combo is the white helmet, brown jersey, white pants. I've often thought Wyoming should de-emphasize the yellow-gold on their uniforms and try to go to a primarily two-color, brown and white look with some subtle yellow highlights. That being said, here are a couple of thoughts I had about the latest of your concepts:

- The use of barbed wire is great. I like it best on the sleeve. It seems a little too delicate to stand alone on the pant leg and I don't care for it as the helmet stripe.

- In my opinion the best home combo is the white helmet, brown jersey, white pant look. I actually think I would invert the number color scheme to have yellow as the outline and white as the fill. Likewise for the lettering.

- Speaking of the lettering, I agree with the sentiment of making it a little bit "western" font, like Playbill or something. Also, I've seen Wyoming sweatshirt that read "POKES" (cowpokes) in big letters across the chest. I always thought that would be an awesome wordmark for the school, but without an investment in the university I doubt I have the insight to say.

- For the away combo, I'd still use the white helmet and the white jersey, with either white or brown pants.

I like the creativity and think it's a good set. Thanks for submitting it!

Go Cougs.

Archived