Uniform Comeback Game

TheGrimReaper

image_php_653697.jpg

5ce87f6aacb64e97338eeffd5d80ea44fa358c95.jpg?x=574&y=418&sig=907ee62e7d259beee054a3001ebb0b18

Wow. I thought I was the only person around here that liked those.

While the current Bengals are a mess, the striped helmet will never go away, nor should it.

Gee, and here I thought Jungle Jim and I had a real chance at getting the Bengals to change their look to suit us. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy call for me. This is the best action shot I could find, from 1968 when the Saints briefly (and inexplicably) reversed their helmet and pants stripes for 12 games (note one lineman still has the "normal" b-w-b stripes they went back to). Keeping the original stripes would be the only change to these. The darker gold really plays well with the black and white.

pq70kilmer.jpg

Couldn't agree more! Here are a few more shots:

1967SaintsKilmer_hand-off.jpg1968SaintsOffense.jpg1967SaintsJimTaylorgame.jpg1968_preseason_Saint-Rams-1.jpg

For what's it's worth, I think the 1967 Saints-Rams games -- at both locations -- may be my all-time favorite uniform match-ups.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Should have never gotten rid of these:

1949358_display_image.jpg?1298497184

Sure. I like the current unis, but there was nothing wrong with these and purple/green color scheme is unused anywhere else in the 4 major North American sports; they were unique.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Should have never gotten rid of these:

1949358_display_image.jpg?1298497184

Sure. I like the current unis, but there was nothing wrong with these and purple/green color scheme is unused anywhere else in the 4 major North American sports; they were unique.

The only way green and purple would've worked is if green was the primary and purple was the secondary. But I doubt most Bucks fans can't even look at the purple without thinking how that marked the era when the Bucks franchise jumped the shark.

The Hawks unis shown here: (some of the most underrated NBA uniforms, IMO)

scaled.augmon_hawks_t653.jpg

great call on these... i even liked the black throwbacks too

for some reason they decided to ruin these by changing the white trim to red for a season or two before they went to the current jerseys

image_php_653697.jpg

5ce87f6aacb64e97338eeffd5d80ea44fa358c95.jpg?x=574&y=418&sig=907ee62e7d259beee054a3001ebb0b18

as much as i like them and i do break them out from time to time on my madden games just to wear something different, no way should they come back as a full time uniforms or even an alternate. take off the nostalgia colored glasses and they really do look like a Browns knock off you would see at walmart. Their best look clearly was this: bengals.jpg

shame that a decades worth of losing is attached to these they are far superior to what they wear now.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

^ that was a good look, but I think it got even better in 97 when they toned down the pant and shoulder stripes and added the leaping tiger logo to the sleeves.

image_php_653697.jpg

Wow. I thought I was the only person around here that liked those.

While the current Bengals are a mess, the striped helmet will never go away, nor should it.

Gee, and here I thought Jungle Jim and I had a real chance at getting the Bengals to change their look to suit us. :rolleyes:

I don't want to see these make a comeback and I'm confident they never will, but it would be cool if they wore them as throwbacks at least once just so I can see the team wearing the old Browns' knockoffs. I somewhat remember the Bengals wearing them in 93 (or was it 94?), but I've grown up in the striped helmet era. I was kinda hoping the league would let them in the AFL throwback parade last year because they were an AFL team, albeit for only a couple seasons. I'm holding out hope that they'll wear them for their 50th anniversary in about 8 years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^^ Word. Effing word.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Hawks unis shown here: (some of the most underrated NBA uniforms, IMO)

scaled.augmon_hawks_t653.jpg

great call on these... i even liked the black throwbacks too

for some reason they decided to ruin these by changing the white trim to red for a season or two before they went to the current jerseys

What? The Hawks did not wear these immediately prior to the current jerseys (trim change or not). The jerseys in the picture are from the early-to-mid 90s. The Hawks had the Mutombo look (huge hawk on jersey) and then the white home/red away/yellow alt jerseys after that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived