For my Chicago Teams

Cubs - '79-'81 Powder Blues

White Sox - '91-'94 Black alts w/o silver lining

Bulls - '96 Black alt w/ red pinstripes, & '73-'84 Road Reds

Others...

Atlanta Thrashers - '99-'03 A/'03-'05H Blue Jersey w/ Red trim

Phoenix Coyotes - Just go back to old look, the simplified look ain't working

Detroit Pistons - Bring back the horsehead basketball look

Memphis Grizzlies - Should have implemented parts of original '95 uniform, kept old logo but added new typeface

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In baseball, they should bring back powder blue pants to go with the powder blue jerseys. Powder blue jerseys with regular grey or white pants can look mismatched, especially for teams who bring back classic throwbacks.

73832484.jpg

^^Never should have ditched them--the uniforms, the colors, or the nickname. Easily one of the most progressive identities MLB ever knew. Damn shame they ain't around no more.

YES.

This is the one I agree with most strongly. I LOVED those home vests.

Yeah. Those unis are in Da House w/o a Doubt.

73832484.jpg

^^Never should have ditched them--the uniforms, the colors, or the nickname. Easily one of the most progressive identities MLB ever knew. Damn shame they ain't around no more.

YES.

This is the one I agree with most strongly. I LOVED those home vests.

Yeah. Those unis are in Da House w/o a Doubt.

hahaha yessir!

90758391980.gif

They really are. The three sets they wore from the 80s though mid-90s were awesome. I'd be watching some more Pitt football if they went back to one of them.

Yeah, but selling out and darkening your colors is kewl cuz it makes you look fierce and stuff!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Pitt Football, without a doubt.

ds2_0121a-lg.jpg

Beautiful.

Great call!

Thanks. I really think there is no chance that they'll truly go back to this look, but maybe a special game uniform or something. UCLA does the script and Block stuff, so I'm not sure why Pitt is so reluctant to do it. They were (IMO) one of the best college uniforms. What they have now is nice, but in between settling on what they currently wear with what they used to, was a disaster.

(Side note, the picture includes the greatest bust of all time, the greatest of all time, and arguably the greatest of all time from the University of Maryland.... CRAZY!)

Len Bias is in that photo??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

(Side note, the picture includes the greatest bust of all time, the greatest of all time, and arguably the greatest of all time from the University of Maryland.... CRAZY!)

Same thing I thought.

Juan Dixon < Len Bias.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Same thing I thought.

Juan Dixon < Len Bias.

That's why I added the arguably... just because Dixon did get a ring. If Bias was in the pic there woulda been no arguably.

90758391980.gif

Pitt Football, without a doubt.

ds2_0121a-lg.jpg

Beautiful.

Great call!

Thanks. I really think there is no chance that they'll truly go back to this look, but maybe a special game uniform or something. UCLA does the script and Block stuff, so I'm not sure why Pitt is so reluctant to do it. They were (IMO) one of the best college uniforms. What they have now is nice, but in between settling on what they currently wear with what they used to, was a disaster.

Its a great uniform all-around, but especially the colors. There are so many other teams trhat wear Navy / Old Gold, and are much more iconic in it. I can't understand why Pitt gave up their unique color scheme for one that everybody thinks of as being owned by Notre Dame.. or even Navy.

Archived