The 20 Worst College Football Uniforms

Brave-Bird 08

I'm currently participating in the B/R college student writing internship program, and get homework assignments on various topics fed to me from the big guns. Coincidentally (none of them know I'm an active CCSLers--nor would they know what it was if I told them) I was assigned an article with the prompt "20 worst college football uniforms"

So here it is. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/617978-more-than-one-ugly-duckling-oregon-and-the-20-worst-college-football-uniforms

agree? disagree?

Really cool article man, I agree with a lot of them. The Rhode Island ones are embarassing. My JV football team had better ones. On another note I'm thinking about applying to B/R to write for them. I'm only a sophomore so I've got time, but I will soon.

One of the better uniform lists to grace Bleacher Report. Only one I really disagree with you about is SMU. Their uniforms are absolutely gorgeous. Well, except for the stupid black jersey they wore for their bowl game this year. Also, maybe there should be a B/R story on all of the horrible BFBS uniforms in recent years. Western Kentucky, Washington, SMU, Florida International, Middle Tennessee, etc.

One of the better uniform lists to grace Bleacher Report. Only one I really disagree with you about is SMU. Their uniforms are absolutely gorgeous. Well, except for the stupid black jersey they wore for their bowl game this year. Also, maybe there should be a B/R story on all of the horrible BFBS uniforms in recent years. Western Kentucky, Washington, SMU, Florida International, Middle Tennessee, etc.

1) yeah...I knew the SMU one would catch some grumbles. I really just dont like that specific striping pattern.

2) want an article on black? heres the one I did back in the day...I actually try to squeeze in uni' related articles from time to time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/294079-black-is-whack-the-most-annoying-marketing-trend-in-college-sports

:therock: ?? are you serious.?? you think those are ugly! some of them were the best in College football (other then the Florida A&M one) what kinda of jerseys do you like the plain white ones with nothing on them but the numbers?

If thats your list of the ugly jerseys i wanna see a list of your favorite jerseys...!!!

1256.gifv7tehkwthrwefgounvi7znf5k.gif

:therock: ?? are you serious.?? you think those are ugly! some of them were the best in College football (other then the Florida A&M one) what kinda of jerseys do you like the plain white ones with nothing on them but the numbers?

If thats your list of the ugly jerseys i wanna see a list of your favorite jerseys...!!!

for one, it's not an ugly list. it's a worst list. for instance, Fresno makes it because they have a terrible uniform. its insanely outdated...and not classic.

-Auburn

-Georgia

-Marshall

-Ohio State

-Oregon (they are ugly, but my favorite)

-LSU

-Alabama

-Arizona

-Clemson

-Florida State

-South Carolina

-Pitt

-UL-Lafayette

-UNC

-Oklahoma

-Texas

-Texas Tech

-TAMU

-Nebraska

-Wisconsin

-TCU

theres a list.

I agree with those too. i actually cant believe i left off Akron!!!! the way they use white is awful.

I actually really like South Carolina. the design creates the crescent, which is fitting for them. I especially like the all-garnet...and the combination of the classic striped helmet and the piping on the uni doesnt bother me

and San Diego State is awesome.

I like the inclusion of Fresno State, but no mention of the key horrible feature...the helmet logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with Rhode Island and Wyoming, but Toledo and Tulsa are a very close third and fourth to them, with Oregon rounding out the five that I hate the most. Honestly, some of the jerseys they had listed weren't as bad as I thought they might be.

I feel weird though, since I actually like the Cincinnati Bearcat uniforms. I'm not a fan of the red jerseys, but the pants are fine to me.

Not a bad assessment, but I also agree with Red Wolf, I really like SMU's uniforms.

And I think Wyoming should be #1... their home uniform is MUCH worse than the away one pictured in the article.

I hope it's the template that makes it bad and not the colors. I personally like having a unique color scheme. :P

Wyoming fans love their color scheme. When the prairie gold was changed, you'd be surprised how many locals HOWLED about it. People in the state don't care what out of staters think about their look and so, anticipate the Brown and Gold staying how it is for a long time unless they find some kind of way to modernize it without making people upset. And I just doubt that'll happen.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

2) want an article on black? heres the one I did back in the day...I actually try to squeeze in uni' related articles from time to time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/294079-black-is-whack-the-most-annoying-marketing-trend-in-college-sports

That list on black unis is pretty bad. You comment how UCF is the Golden Knights, not the Black Knights; how Rutgers is the Scarlet Knights, not the Black Knights; how ASU is the Sun Devils, not the Night Devils (the sun is maroon??)...but yet Texas Tech, whose teams are the RED Raiders, get a A++++++++++++++ "most BA uniform in college football" rating. If you're going to judge, at least be consistent.

The list on the 20 worst uniforms is just another best/worst uniform list. Interesting how you say some teams have "always" been known for ugly uniforms; college football didn't just start up in 2002.

But hey, it is what it is. Good luck with the internship.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived