The 20 Worst College Football Uniforms

Brave-Bird 08

i dont think Oregon should be there IMO, but at least you understand their brand and what they're about. thats not the case with most, so i can respect your opinion on them.

i dont mind Louisvilles unis. they jerseys arnt too overdone.

i really like Iowa ST. yea they look like USC and i understand the grey facemask argument, but i dont think they are ugly by any means

i like UTEP. im a big fan of blue and orange

UCF i would have at #1. the 2010 update is better but still awful.

no way i would put Boise St on the list. love their uniforms.

wouldnt have IU on here either. not a great uniform but i like it.

overall its well written and enjoyable. at least you gave reasons for your choices which supports them well. good job

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm currently participating in the B/R college student writing internship program, and get homework assignments on various topics fed to me from the big guns. Coincidentally (none of them know I'm an active CCSLers--nor would they know what it was if I told them) I was assigned an article with the prompt "20 worst college football uniforms"

So here it is. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/617978-more-than-one-ugly-duckling-oregon-and-the-20-worst-college-football-uniforms

agree? disagree?

I'm attempting to be as neutral as possible, but how can you hate on the Terps road uniforms? They are so nice. Too much black? Its a team color and a neutral color, plus it has the the yellow pinstriping, red outline around the numbers and the white helmets to set it off. As for the the helmets, they are classic and the old black ones are far too generic, so until they find a way to put all 4 team colors on there an make it look legit then they should def. keep it. When they wear the combo uniforms it looks so nice because the yellow pinstriping matches so it looks like they were made together. Man, I was for sure the Terps would have made your favorites list, but I guess some people just like generic uniforms that are just shirts with numbers. Under Armour makes sure that the Terps are the freshest team on the turf (because lets face it, they aren't always the smartest), because they are the original UA sponsored team so they have to represent.

PS I do concede that the red on red is wayyyyyyyyyy too much. I assume you have seen those...? Those aren't so hot.

In the Florida A&M picture there are some fuglies worn by the other team. Who is that??!!

Tennessee State.

And I don't see what the problem is with my Bulls going from gold helmets to white, given that there's almost no gold anywhere on any other part of the uniforms (and, prior to the Adidas-to-UnderArmour switch, couldn't be found on the basketball uniforms either).

Not a bad assessment, but I also agree with Red Wolf, I really like SMU's uniforms.

And I think Wyoming should be #1... their home uniform is MUCH worse than the away one pictured in the article.

I hope it's the template that makes it bad and not the colors. I personally like having a unique color scheme. :P

The unique color scheme isn't too bad, I just really don't like 3 different colors for the helmet, jersey, and pants. I think they'd look much better with either a yellow helmet or white pants. Great logo though.

90758391980.gif

yeah, Tennessee State, Bethune Cookman. I've said this before...and I do not want to offend anyone...but it always seems like FCS HBCU schools have the worst uniforms, just from general opinions.

Bethune is pretty bad, but I tried to limit my list to FBS teams, because if it was FCS it would be 75 pages long.

TennState wore white jerseys with white numerals in the game vs FAMU a year or two back

@gsimp...I actually like the all red :mellow: ...doesnt matter though cuz the Terps are going to bring out new uniforms. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I like the renderings!!

I think I should clarify...I like ugly, sometimes. Oregon, Boise...I like their uniforms...but that doesnt mean I'm going to leave them off the list. Maryland will prolly jump in that category with their new digs.

yeah, Tennessee State, Bethune Cookman. I've said this before...and I do not want to offend anyone...but it always seems like FCS HBCU schools have the worst uniforms, just from general opinions.

Bethune is pretty bad, but I tried to limit my list to FBS teams, because if it was FCS it would be 75 pages long.

TennState wore white jerseys with white numerals in the game vs FAMU a year or two back

@gsimp...I actually like the all red :mellow: ...doesnt matter though cuz the Terps are going to bring out new uniforms. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I like the renderings!!

I think I should clarify...I like ugly, sometimes. Oregon, Boise...I like their uniforms...but that doesnt mean I'm going to leave them off the list. Maryland will prolly jump in that category with their new digs.

No need to worry about offending anyone...in most cases, it's the absolute truth. Which is why I set out on that HBCU Project I started a couple years ago.

(Hmm, might be time to reconsider reviving that project...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't disagree.

Not a bad assessment, but I also agree with Red Wolf, I really like SMU's uniforms.

And I think Wyoming should be #1... their home uniform is MUCH worse than the away one pictured in the article.

I hope it's the template that makes it bad and not the colors. I personally like having a unique color scheme. :P

Cougars and Cowboys don't agree on much, but I like Wyoming's color scheme--it's unique and instantly recognizable. I think this was Wyoming's best look:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

I also disagree on Tulsa's color scheme--it's unique and would look good if properly implemented.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Cougars and Cowboys don't agree on much, but I like Wyoming's color scheme--it's unique and instantly recognizable. I think this was Wyoming's best look:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

I also disagree on Tulsa's color scheme--it's unique and would look good if properly implemented.

Well we all know that Utes and Cougars don't agree on much either, but this statement right here is pure truth, my friend :D

I really wish Wyoming would just scrap everything and go right back to this look. I'm sure most people may already know this, but when Joe Tiller left Wyoming for Purdue, he brought along with him the general idea of the look and it produced one of my all-time favorite football uniforms:

drew_brees_2001Rosebowl_medium.jpg

obviously they're not identical, but the ideas and concept are similar. I wish both uniforms would make a comeback, honestly.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

FAMU and Rhode Island are FCS programs.

FSU2.gif

Archived