Conrad's NBA Kits

Conrad.

Inspired by JimmyN64's wonderful NFL soccer jersey series, I decided to make an NBA-themed series. Here is the first team, with home and away kits:

NBA-Kits_ATLhome.png

NBA-Kits_ATLaway.png

Tried to take some visual clues from current and past uniforms for these (and will do so for the rest of the teams)...any and all suggestions are welcome as always. Thanks for taking a look!

*props to andrewharrington (i think) for the sweet template*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work! I like the elements you were able to put into the home kit especially, very cool. Can't wait to see more!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow, nice work dude. Away would be a great shirt for PSV Eindhoven.

Can´t wait for the Knicks.

my thoughts exactly

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think you should start using alternate logos, maybe try to incorporate them into simple crests. The primary logos look a bit cumbersome on a soccer shirt.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think you should start using alternate logos, maybe try to incorporate them into simple crests. The primary logos look a bit cumbersome on a soccer shirt.

Wonderful idea, sir. I've fixed the sponsor on the Celts kits and went back and made a simplistic logo for each team to function as the crest for these kits.

Thoughts?

ps: You might have to Reload this page to get the edited kits to show up since they might be in your cache.

Keep it up man, these are really good. I like how you model one kit after the actual jersey and then get creative for the other.

I really like the Hawks home, Celtics away, and both of the Bobcats kits. My only suggestion would be to add the adidias triple stripes somewhere, since I think all their soccer kits have them. I think from the collar to the beginning of the sleeve would work.

These are really well done, man. I really know nothing about soccer uniforms, but it is very cool to see the different takes on elements that these teams actually use on their NBA uniforms. Keep it up.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Keep it up man, definetly looks cool, I think you hit the nail right on the head with that bobcats kit.

I like that celtics logo, but I find it strange using logos that have basketballs in them, just something about it seems off.

And like someone said, I know you probably don't want to include the Adidas 3 stripes on the shoulders/arms, but I think you pretty much have to in order to make it look like legitimate adidas, after all some teams like Spain don't look too bad with the stripes.

Either way though, I look forward to seeing more!

NBA-Kits_CHIhome2.png

NBA-Kits_CHIaway2.png

*added the adidas 3-stripes to these (but not happy, lol)*

EDIT: Dangit...i meant to make these with round necktypes...I'll fix them shortly.

Also, a couple sponsorship issues to clear up, so I'm looking for suggestions / comments:

Mavs / Heat - both are American Airlines, so I chose to keep the Heat with them and have Comerica sponsor the Mavs

Pistons - PNC?

Clips / Lakers - both Staples, so I chose to keep the Lakers with Staples and changed Clips to KIA (Thanks, Quake Griffin! ;))

Bucks - have no clue, so I chose Kohl's since it is based in Milwaukee

Knicks - i went with Chase, any better fit?

Hornets - COX?

Blazers - TAZO, since its based in Portland

Thanks as always for takin a look!

Also, a couple sponsorship issues to clear up, so I'm looking for suggestions / comments:

Mavs / Heat - both are American Airlines, so I chose to keep the Heat with them and have Comerica sponsor the Mavs

Pistons - PNC?

Clips / Lakers - both Staples, so I chose to keep the Lakers with Staples and changed Clips to KIA (Thanks, Quake Griffin! ;))

Bucks - have no clue, so I chose Kohl's since it is based in Milwaukee

Knicks - i went with Chase, any better fit?

Hornets - COX?

Blazers - TAZO, since its based in Portland

Thanks as always for takin a look!

Love the concept, especially the home.

Knicks- Cablevision

Portlan- Microsoft

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The three stripes can be fixed by just having them extend straight from the back of the collar to the secondary logo above the numbers on the back.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here are some likely sponsors:

Western Conference

Denver--Pepsi

Golden State--Comcast

Minnesota--Target (Who else?)

New Orleans--Zatarains (as Zatarain's is supposed to be a brand of food associated with the region)

Oklahoma City--Hobby Lobby, AT&T (or for real irony, Sonic Drive-In) :P

Phoenix--PetsMart

Utah--Delta Airlines, Zions Bank, or Sinclair Gas

Eastern Conference

Indiana--ITT Technical Institute

Detroit--Chrysler (Might work with their new "Imported from Detroit" ad campaign)

Milwaukee--Miller

Philadelphia--ING Direct or HSBC

Washington--Allied Capital, National Geographic, Blackboard Inc.

I second the Clippers going with KIA and the Lakers with Staples.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived