Dodgers Throwback Alternate Jersey

bowld

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulls**t. That team should never wear anything that says or references Brooklyn. Ever.

/rant

Um...why?

As a fan, I love this. Though they sorta look like the Royals here, I love the look of it. And I don't mind embracing the Brooklyn history at all. My grandfather's stories about growing up in Brooklyn and watching the Dodgers is what made me a Dodger fan in the first place, so I think it's awesome that they're honoring that past.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Bulls**t. That team should never wear anything that says or references Brooklyn. Ever.

/rant

I would agree. That would be like the Baltimore Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks. Both teams highly offended their former home and fans and should just leave well enough alone and not stoke the fires. What a cheap ploy by the Dodgers to try to cash in and make a buck off thier shameful history.

Look, I'll fully admit it, I'm no Walter O' Malley fan either, fellas. If I had my way, the Dodgers would still be in Brooklyn. But it is what it is - they're in Los Angeles now and have been for 52, going on 53, years. It isn't the current management's fault that they're not in Brooklyn, so there's no point in faulting the team for trying to honor their past in Brooklyn. At least they still seem to give a dang about it, which can't be said for a few franchises in the same predicament.

EDIT: Oh wow, my 1,000th post was spent defending my Dodgers. Schaweet! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

More baby blue? :cursing:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

/rant

I would agree. That would be like the Baltimore Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks. Both teams highly offended their former home and fans and should just leave well enough alone and not stoke the fires. What a cheap ploy by the Dodgers to try to cash in and make a buck off thier shameful history.

The Ravens aren't considered the same franchise as the Browns. When they moved the history and records stayed in Cleveland, when the Dodgers left the history left with them. Has everyone forgot when the Texas Rangers wore Washington Senators throwbacks? same thing...

/rant

Are people really still that butt hurt over something that happened over 50 years ago?

niagaraq.png

/rant

Are people really still that butt hurt over something that happened over 50 years ago?

This is the CCSLC....OF COURSE they are! ;-)

/rant

except, ya know, not at all like that.

/rant

Hell yeah they are. Just ask my dead grandpa!

6uXNWAo.png

I wonder why New Yorkers despised the O'Malley and the Dodgers so much for leaving, yet the Giants fans in NY were relatively fine and seemed to continue to follow their team.

No one cared about the Giants in NY. The Dodgers were beloved. There many books written about the Dodgers and Brooklyn and why that team meant so much to those people.

/rant

Hell yeah they are. Just ask my dead grandpa!

Must run in the family, since you hold a grudge against the Browns...

Archived