What if the Cubs Changed their Road Unis

rmackman

I think any Cubs roadie you do has to have a left chest logo or separate lettering like they have now. The blue script with the red number is too 'Dodgery.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Only the '68 and '90 scripts are any good, and the '90 script was only good in theory. Lubalin Graph should be used across the board as the official Cubs font, however.

x5qatwhllc0jbs357kq7k41xi.gif

What is this? This is crap.

โ™ซ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneย โ™ซ

I like this. It could actually work nicely in the Cubs scheme. But in all honesty, I'm fine with the Cubs current road jersey, but this works too. Although I don't like BgMack27's idea. That would be like both the Yankees and Mets going with the same NEW YORK script, except in different colours.

This kinda happened...

wholetthishappen.jpg

As far as the Cubs concept, I agree it would be weird, but that logo does look really sharp in Cubs colors.

I like this. It could actually work nicely in the Cubs scheme. But in all honesty, I'm fine with the Cubs current road jersey, but this works too. Although I don't like BgMack27's idea. That would be like both the Yankees and Mets going with the same NEW YORK script, except in different colours.

This kinda happened...

wholetthishappen.jpg

True, but that's probably in large part why that Mets uniform only lasted 5 years.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This kinda happened...

wholetthishappen.jpg

As far as the Cubs concept, I agree it would be weird, but that logo does look really sharp in Cubs colors.

Same for the Mets choosing to use pinstripes, which the Yankees do as well.

The problem with this concept as a whole is, that the Cubs have their own identity and brand and want nothing to do with the White Sox. Part of making a good concept is actually thinking about it and using the noggin. To steal the look from the White Sox, is not good. To classify it as a "generic" Chicago look is not good. Why? Because it kills the brand. If you're going to do a script font, then do something original not a rip-off of another team that is in your city and each fan base hates the other. If you're going to change the uniforms, do something original, this goes down as another team recolor and wasting of site bandwith and knocking down the list more well thought out concepts.

ย 

ย 

If you're going to change the uniforms, do something original, this goes down as another team recolor and wasting of site bandwith and knocking down the list more well thought out concepts.

I have a question then. I would love to give my visual input on this; in fact I have 3 concepts done (home, road, alt). Yet I don't want to piss anyone off here; those who do put creative and original work in. Mine is more of a cut-n-paste/recolor effort, as I am not a graphic designer (slightly dabble; need more education). Should I PM/email my concept to someone to clean up? Or should I just post it in this thread, as a conversation piece?

*confused*

If you're going to change the uniforms, do something original, this goes down as another team recolor and wasting of site bandwith and knocking down the list more well thought out concepts.

I have a question then. I would love to give my visual input on this; in fact I have 3 concepts done (home, road, alt). Yet I don't want to piss anyone off here; those who do put creative and original work in. Mine is more of a cut-n-paste/recolor effort, as I am not a graphic designer (slightly dabble; need more education). Should I PM/email my concept to someone to clean up? Or should I just post it in this thread, as a conversation piece?

*confused*

The best thing for you to do is start your own thread. You'll get the needed advice from there and not hijack someone else's thread.

ย 

ย 

*confused*

Well that's what I did, and it upset some people. The way I see it, I don't feel my thread has been hijacked as the poster put below. I'm not offended at all. I'm just a big sports fan, I have an interest in uniforms and logos, and I have zero graphic design experience. I still participate on here. I know some people think this should be an exclusive club for graphic designers, others think it's great for casual fans. Really this board is what you make of it, so go ahead and show your stuff. Just be prepared to have a few people be upset. It happens. You can't please everyone. In fact, go ahead and post it here in this thread. I don't mind one bit.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown |ย ๐ŸŒย Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sportsย ๐Ÿ”—
spacer.png

This kinda happened...

wholetthishappen.jpg

True, but that's probably in large part why that Mets uniform only lasted 5 years.

...but the point is that it still happened. I'm not the first person to think of doing what I did in this thread, and I definitely won't be the last.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown |ย ๐ŸŒย Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sportsย ๐Ÿ”—
spacer.png

Archived