Top songs played at sporting events

winters in buffalo

Good point - don't forget that they're the ones who have us Tiki Barber and his crack "research" staff. I don't think a 7th grader would have let that slide.

And yes, I meant Rock n Roll pt 2, but didn't know if anyone would recognize it by its actual name. Used to be everywhere, especially the NFL. Until they banned it.

There have been covers of "R&R Pt. 2" played if that counts.

The Devils still use the original RRP2...only the fans add "you suck"...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Good point - don't forget that they're the ones who have us Tiki Barber and his crack "research" staff. I don't think a 7th grader would have let that slide.

And yes, I meant Rock n Roll pt 2, but didn't know if anyone would recognize it by its actual name. Used to be everywhere, especially the NFL. Until they banned it.

There have been covers of "R&R Pt. 2" played if that counts.

There's also Sammy Hagar's "Mas Tequila" which amounted to Hagar taking R&Rp2 and adding actual lyrics.

CCSLC signature.png

No "Sandstorm" or "Zombie Nation"?

I swear, I hear those in every basketball arena. I was at Charleston Southern for a game once (smallest D-1 gym, seats 881) and I think they also had the smallest music library...we heard "Sandstorm" eleven times!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

What? A list like that without 2 unlimited? For shame! :P

Yeah, seriously. Any time I go to a hockey game, 2 Unlimited (or other mid-late 1990s techno music) is blasted more often than not. <_<

I don't think I've heard of any of those songs on that list (except We Will Rock You, of course). <_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I've noticed that a lot of the songs used in the NHL 11/Slapshot soundtrack are played quite frequently during NHL games this season. Stuff like The Final Countdown, Unstoppable, Sandstorm, and much to my displeasure, ¡Olé!. :censored:ing hate that track. Makes me cringe everytime I hear it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Yeah, seriously. Any time I go to a hockey game, 2 Unlimited (or other mid-late 1990s techno music) is blasted more often than not. <_<

I don't think I've heard of any of those songs on that list (except We Will Rock You, of course). <_<

What lame arenas are you going to. The Kings have quite possible the best mix of music. There's a wide range and always a lot of hard rock. Heck, the music is actually what fans request. I've heard everything from Van Halen to Orgy's cover of New Order's Blue Monday (appropriately on a Monday night against the Leafs) to of course the Brigg's "This Is LA."

Yeah there's not much variety at most hockey games. In general, the Islanders playlist isn't too great

.....except for this being used as a goal song

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I swear, I hear those in every basketball arena. I was at Charleston Southern for a game once (smallest D-1 gym, seats 881) and I think they also had the smallest music library...we heard "Sandstorm" eleven times!

"Sandstorm" by Darude isn't as played as often as it used to be 10 years ago. But it's still kind of common at sports events. I'm a bit surprised "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation is still being used.

"Sandstorm" by Darude isn't as played as often as it used to be 10 years ago. But it's still kind of common at sports events. I'm a bit surprised "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation is still being used.

I didn't know it was called "Kerncraft 400"...it was mentioned earlier. I thought it was called "Zombie Nation"...and I normally pride myself on knowing the correct titles to songs. Oh well, it's still overplayed.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I didn't know it was called "Kerncraft 400"...it was mentioned earlier. I thought it was called "Zombie Nation"...and I normally pride myself on knowing the correct titles to songs. Oh well, it's still overplayed.

A lot of people assume it's called "Zombie Nation" because of that deep voice saying "Zombie...Zombie...Zombie...Zombie Nation". One fact about that track is that the melody was taken from a song in a video game soundtrack, 1984's Lazy Jones.

When I watch Habs game and they are visiting an American city, I've noticed that the arenas often play WWE themes during games. I've heard The Miz theme, I've heard Jack Swagger's, and Triple H's.

I haven't been watching every Habs game this year, but I don't ever recall any being played at the Bell Center. They should. Nothing gets me pumped for a hockey game like WWE themes do!!

Here's another example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ffh8Xg_ytA

I wish the Canucks would change their goddamn goal song to song 2. I hate that stupid greenday song. I also wish that they would stop playing that dumb "dy-no-mite" song, the same one that goes "Aaaay Oh". I know it's mainstream but it gets overused to hell. And In the 14 years I have been going to Canucks games not once have I heard RRP2, (it was their goal song till like '02 or something but mind you all the games I went to then (97-00) the canucks got shut out. Thanks messier!) I also wish we had a cool organ player like LA's. Aqualung on the organ ftw.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I also wish that they would stop playing that dumb "dy-no-mite" song, the same one that goes "Aaaay Oh". I know it's mainstream but it gets overused to hell.

You mean this one?

As music director for the alma mater, I can guarantee it'll be played for the first basketball game of next year.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived