Davidson's Logo Design Tutorials

Davidson

Davidson, let me start by saying I love all of your work. Now to my question... I just recently got After Effects CS5 (yes, I'm aware of 5.5 coming out soon, but I couldn't wait), and I was wondering if you could please do a tutorial on how you do your logo presentation in AE. But a slow one, not this quick one (because then I could just use one of the current tutorials, but they're not helping me too much with that).

i could mate and i will if you are interested, unfortunately, i use a lot of 3rd party plugins. So it may require extra investment for it to be useful. I use magic bullet looks and video copilot optical flares.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davidson, let me start by saying I love all of your work. Now to my question... I just recently got After Effects CS5 (yes, I'm aware of 5.5 coming out soon, but I couldn't wait), and I was wondering if you could please do a tutorial on how you do your logo presentation in AE. But a slow one, not this quick one (because then I could just use one of the current tutorials, but they're not helping me too much with that).

i could mate and i will if you are interested, unfortunately, i use a lot of 3rd party plugins. So it may require extra investment for it to be useful. I use magic bullet looks and video copilot optical flares.

That would be awesome, if you could. Also, could you let me know where you got the plugins?

Hey, new member. Im new to message boards really and also pretty new to logo designs and stuff. So just thought to post this logo and find out what people think. This design came from JAWCooper's original sketch so respect to her. C&C welcome. Thanks

TigerLogo.png

• 4 months later...

Do you have a tutorial for turning pictures into .psd templates?

I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply. Davidson hasn't been seen in these parts for months now. The board isn't what it used to be and I think he just had enough of all the nonsense. Bloody shame too cos he's a fantastic designer and was a brilliant resource to have. Always willing to give advice and provide templates etc.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I just wanted to post this since this thread was reopened & thank Davidson for all of his help. I love to design in my spare time and all of it came from me seeing his London Monarchs logo several years ago.

You are missed around here as this forum is obviously not what it was. I sure miss the day when we saw great concepts every week on this thread.

Now we get a million versions of the Winnepeg Jets instead.

I hope you come back with some of your great concepts & templates!

Archived