Searching for your 'whale'

Here is my whale:

giants3a.jpg

This is an interesting whale because I have 2 of these hats but both are too small. Im trying to find this hat in a 7 1/4 but no luck. The biggest I can find is 7 1/8. If anyone finds this online or in a store please let me know.

raiders-2.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that eBay :censored: has relisted the same caps jersey 8 :censored:ing times since my first meet up offer, and not a single bid has been put on it. i offered him 35 bucks yesterday and he STILL wont accept. i explained to him that i'm only 17 so i'm not eligible for a credit card therefore the only way i can buy this jersey is with cash. what a stubborn prick. with 18 bucks for shipping on a $16 jersey NO ONE is going to buy this thing. looks like craigslist is my only hope at finding it now.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

that eBay :censored: has relisted the same caps jersey 8 :censored:ing times since my first meet up offer, and not a single bid has been put on it. i offered him 35 bucks yesterday and he STILL wont accept. i explained to him that i'm only 17 so i'm not eligible for a credit card therefore the only way i can buy this jersey is with cash. what a stubborn prick. with 18 bucks for shipping on a $16 jersey NO ONE is going to buy this thing. looks like craigslist is my only hope at finding it now.

$18 for shipping?! I'd expect a jersey to be personally delivered to me by the seller for that price. :blink:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

$18 for shipping?! I'd expect a jersey to be personally delivered to me by the seller for that price. :blink:

It was actually $23 at one point.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Got another one of my "Whales" tonight... granted they aren't completely "authentic" like they were wearing in 1985, but hey, its a Rainbows jersey! And it was free!

1. Shouldnt have a name on the back, but its understandable in this situation

2. The tailsweep in the logo should be like the logo in my signature... multi-colored.

3. The Rainbows logo on the sleeve was actually a patch that was the shape of the logo, not a logo printed on a piece of cloth.

4. The logo on the sleeve is WAAAAAAY off!

283174_10150240919193499_95345703498_7589830_6763310_n.jpg

Rainbowslogoforcomparison.jpg?

Did Charleston ever have Rainbow Guts? I've seen Asheville, Tuscon, and any Astros farm team with the name "Astros" (e.g., Auburn) with sleeves that had some sort of striped pattern. I've never seen this jersey before.

Nope, no Rainbow guts. Starting in the Mid 80s, they wore this style jersey with Rainbow striped Sansabelts and stripes down the pants. They ditched that look gradually as the 80s became the 90s and then they started looking like a Dodgers rip off with no trace a rainbow color scheme anywhere except for in the sleeve patch and hats. You can see full uniforms basically by doing an ebay search for "charleston rainbows", almost every year is represented with baseball cards. Kind of a weird way to find it, but reliable nonetheless.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN2464.jpg

Just got this for $27 on Ebay.

It's ProPlayer, and no, it's not a fake.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Blue Jackets did wear those shaded horizontal stripes on their first jerseys, both the home and away. It was supposed to give the effect of the players seeming bigger, in the same way that the vertical striping on the Patriots' Apex One/Starter jerseys was supposed to make them seem taller.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Blue Jackets did wear those shaded horizontal stripes on their first jerseys, both the home and away. It was supposed to give the effect of the players seeming bigger, in the same way that the vertical striping on the Patriots' Apex One/Starter jerseys was supposed to make them seem taller.

I'm actually not so sure about that. Here's pics of two game worn inaugural season jerseys (as evidenced by the patch) Neither have the stripes.

Screenshot2011-08-23at104506PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-23at104353PM.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

the top pic DOES have the stripes... they're just hard to see. the bottom pic doesn't, because of lighting.

trust me. the jackets had stripes on those sweaters.

Sweet, then i got the REAL deal. Problem is that it might show the colour of the shirt I wear underneath. Meh, white shirt should solve everything.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived