Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my Blue Jackets jersey today, exactly 24 hours after i bought it. Small stain on the back, but it was listed as "gently used", not "mint", so I'm not complaining. It does have the subliminated stripes. The Stinger logo on the shoulders is a bit small, but other than that, I'm extremely happy. (**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

sabres911.jpg

Now there is a whale. Spectacular jersey!

That's my jersey. I bought a blank one from icejerseys.com, got the shoulder patches off of ebay and had the front lettered with the same font for the name on the back and had it customized with Stu Barnes.

Here's my story on the game.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009/10/2001-02-buffalo-sabres-new-york-stu.html

My want list is currently a Germany jersey used in the filming of the movie "Miracle". I have all the rest of the countries, but would like to add the German one.

WestGermanyMiraclemovie.png

I'd also like a 1972 Minnesota Twins road jersey. It was a one year only style.

Also a recent vintage Twins St. Patrick's Day jersey. Where did all those disappear to anyway?

Picture32.png

FInally, at least for now, is a 2008 Russia "CCCP" throwback worn once at the World Championships. Why on Earth wasn't this made for retail sale? Cripes, if Ovechkin wore it, you'd have thought they'd have made them by the thousands.

Russia1956ThrowbackFront.jpgRussia1956ThrowbackBack.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

FInally, at least for now, is a 2008 Russia "CCCP" throwback worn once at the World Championships. Why on Earth wasn't this made for retail sale? Cripes, if Ovechkin wore it, you'd have thought they'd have made them by the thousands.

Perhaps because the manufactures didn't want to seem like they were promoting Communism? It's a shame, those were nice.

It's sort of weird seeing a hockey uniform for a Communist country (even if it is a throwback to a former one) having corporate advertisements on it.

spacer.png

Happy to show off this beauty.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Quite possibly the single most sought after US soccer jersey every produced. It helps that they only produced about 2000 of them. I'm a proud owner myself as well! Damn good kit!

That. Is. Sexy. I want one so bad.

Why'd they only make 2000 of them? This is quite possibly the best US kit ever!

spacer.png

A blue Garth Snow Nordiques jersey. I have a white blank one, but I'd rather have the blue.

snow.gif

Sorry, best quality I could find for that photo.

And a Montreal Expos blue hat. I know the old red-white-blue Andre Dawson/Gary Carter-era ones are available online, but I want the blue Vladimir Guerrero/Javier Vazquez-era ones. Minus the New Era logo intruding on the side, preferably.

new-montreal-expos-new-era-59fifty-fitted-blue-hat62283.jpg

If I ever head up to Quebec after I have both of those items, I know exactly what to wear.

spacer.png

Perhaps because the manufactures didn't want to seem like they were promoting Communism? It's a shame, those were nice.

It's sort of weird seeing a hockey uniform for a Communist country (even if it is a throwback to a former one) having corporate advertisements on it.

Well it's a fauxback, really. Yes, it has CCCP on it, but they replaced the Soviet Union coat of arms with the current coat of arms of the Russian Federation.

GARTH SNOW was the Man i loved him in his days here in Philly!

He went to U-Maine, so I love him. I think he only played a total of seven games with the Nordiques before they traded him to the Flyers after the relocation to Denver. He spent most of his tenure with the Nords in the AHL.

I'd also like to find a J-S Giguere Hartford Whalers. I'd prefer a white one for Giguere. I never liked the blue Whalers jerseys.

giguere.jpg

Giguere only played eight games with Hartford and went 1-4 with a .881 save percentage before being traded to Calgary.

spacer.png

So, I went into a thrift store while on my way to work and found the blue capitals jersey which currently holds the title of being my biggest whale. HOWEVER, it was a starter, along with the obvious starter errors (wrong hues, funky capitals script, screen printed logo) and it was an XL. I'm a medium (for CCM sizing) and the thing was valued at 40 bucks. I was considering getting it but I want one that I can wear, and one that is a CCM and with no deformities. Sadface.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

So, I went into a thrift store while on my way to work and found the blue capitals jersey which currently holds the title of being my biggest whale. HOWEVER, it was a starter, along with the obvious starter errors (wrong hues, funky capitals script, screen printed logo) and it was an XL. I'm a medium (for CCM sizing) and the thing was valued at 40 bucks. I was considering getting it but I want one that I can wear, and one that is a CCM and with no deformities. Sadface.

I have one of those, size L CCM. Sorry I plan on getting Juneau 90 on the back with the 98 Cup patch on it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I have one of those, size L CCM. Sorry I plan on getting Juneau 90 on the back with the 98 Cup patch on it.

LOL! That's pretty much what I was planning on doing aswell. But with Oates or Bondra on the back.

LOL! That's pretty much what I was planning on doing aswell. But with Oates or Bondra on the back.

Juneau scored the goal to send us to the Finals, hence why Juneau. Plus he builds freaking planes!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 2 weeks later...

Well done! How did you end up getting a hold of it?

After a million attempts getting pre paid cards to work with paypal, it was FINALLY accepted and the payment went through after I won the bid. With shipping the total came out to just 25 bucks even. Total score.

I've been FOREVER looking for an authentic Rawlings early 90's Cleveland Indians jersey... Always thought these were among the BEST unies in the MLB EVER... Simply beautiful...

top10_worst_allstars_alomar.jpg

Also, Road Grey PHillies circa 1989... Impossible to find, even the M&N is discontinued...

mn-ph89r20.jpg

Archived