Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Bump

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably will get asked why I got it, but I received one of my whales in the mail today. Probably the most infamous jersey in the College football thread. Without any further adieu, the black Ohio Bobcat Jersey.

5x0t3q.jpg1230br7.png

I gotta say, I like it as much as my game worn green one too. It looks better in person than it does on TV.

fRpl.png

x0y5nq.png

Probably will get asked why I got it, but I received one of my whales in the mail today. Probably the most infamous jersey in the College football thread. Without any further adieu, the black Ohio Bobcat Jersey.

5x0t3q.jpg1230br7.png

I gotta say, I like it as much as my game worn green one too. It looks better in person than it does on TV.

fRpl.png

how were you able to get those?

spacer.png

spacer.png

5x0t3q.jpg1230br7.png

fRpl.png

how were you able to get those?

I got the green one when I was still in school. I knew somebody who had access to them in the Athletic Dept. after the switched to the sewn on numbers from the screen, so I was able to get one of the old ones. The demand was actually high on the black ones, so the athletic department placed another order about a week after the Marshall game when they were first unveiled. I luckily was able to purchase one of them, and finally received it today. I also have a game worn green Adidas Basketball jersey and shorts from when they switched over to Russell. I was able to get that actually at a spring game on campus, when the Athletic department had a surplus sale. That Sale is a gold mind,

x0y5nq.png

• 1 month later...

2311833930100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

1987 University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey jersey. They had a few on eBay a year or 2 ago and for some dumb reason I didn't buy one.

On a related note, does anyone know where a gentleman could find a jersey with that striping pattern anywhere? I've looked and looked and am kind of assuming I just missed the boat on these and will have to keep dreaming.

qvAvG.jpg

Archived