Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now with my current funds I can afford to expand my collection by a few. Hoping to get them within the 35-40 and under range. Here is what my current list looks like

-Boston Bruins 1995-07 Black Jersey or 1969-74 Black Esposito jersey

-Buffalo Sabres 1987-96 White and 1996-06 White.

-Detroit Red Wings current White Zetterberg jersey

-Minnesota North Stars 1988-91 Green jersey

-New Jersey Devils 1992-07 White jersey

-Philadelphia Flyers 1983-01 Orange Lindros jersey

-Vancouver Canucks 2001-06 Blue/Red gradient jersey

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Working on getting this for $30. Fingers crossed.

wild-dark_1_.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The 2001 Seattle Mariners' navy road alternate w/"SEATTLE" across jersey from instead of "MARINERS" in a sz L or XL. Had the bid on one on Ebay in the summer of '05 and lost it. They were incredibly hard to find then...impossible to find now.

98Falcons.png

Working on getting this for $30. Fingers crossed.

wild-dark_1_.jpg

Simply beautiful... how the mighty have fallen.

This really shouldn't be referred to as a "whale" but in the past 3 months I've found it damn near impossible to find an Authentic (Fight Strap) version of this Canucks jersey. Can't find it on Ebay, River City Sports or any local jersey store in Calgary.

vancouverthird.jpg

2311833930100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

1987 University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey jersey. They had a few on eBay a year or 2 ago and for some dumb reason I didn't buy one.

On a related note, does anyone know where a gentleman could find a jersey with that striping pattern anywhere? I've looked and looked and am kind of assuming I just missed the boat on these and will have to keep dreaming.

If you find one in the next couple of months, you will actually give to me for my birthday, since mine is first.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

2311833930100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

1987 University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey jersey. They had a few on eBay a year or 2 ago and for some dumb reason I didn't buy one.

On a related note, does anyone know where a gentleman could find a jersey with that striping pattern anywhere? I've looked and looked and am kind of assuming I just missed the boat on these and will have to keep dreaming.

If you find one in the next couple of months, you will actually give to me for my birthday, since mine is first.

FALSE.

But obviously I'd let you know if I actually found something.

qvAvG.jpg

Right now with my current funds I can afford to expand my collection by a few. Hoping to get them within the 35-40 and under range. Here is what my current list looks like

Being a Canucks fan, of course you would want to get the worst Bruins jersey in history B)

spacer.png

I have the Canucks gradient jersey, and I'm willing to sell. size Medium. PM me if interested!

Picked up one of my whales thrift shopping recently- a size 48 islanders fisherman jersey. Authentic with the tags still attached. Has the current isles logo on the chest tho but I wouldn't have it any other way. Now who do I customize it into? Palfy?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Picked up one of my whales thrift shopping recently- a size 48 islanders fisherman jersey. Authentic with the tags still attached. Has the current isles logo on the chest tho but I wouldn't have it any other way. Now who do I customize it into? Palfy?

Not a Fisherman jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not a Fisherman jersey.

DSC08975.jpg

bufg.png

Not a Fisherman jersey.

DSC08975.jpg

Beautiful!

Not a Fisherman jersey.

DSC08975.jpg

Thats' the same one I found in the 48 authentic.

I also found the plaid Ray's caps. I picked up a 7 5/8 but its not my size, I need a 3/8 or a 7 1/4.

I passed up a 7 3/4, a 7, and an 8 if anyone wants them. PM me.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Wow... thats a weird looking uni if i will say so.

sun74.jpg

LOL, you're right about that, maybe the hall of fame(or shame) of unusual color combinations. Pat Haden, the former Rams QB, wore that uniform when he played for the Sun after leaving USC. The old Raiders QB, Darryl Lamonica, also played for the Sun.

Archived