Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on getting this for $30. Fingers crossed.

wild-dark_1_.jpg

I have seen quite a few of these on eBay recently, but none under $40. One right now going for $50. What size are you looking for?

XL... the guy on Kijiji still hasn't replied to my email.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Speaking of the whale I posted earlier... Does anyone know if RBK has a site you can directly order Authentic Edge 2.0 jerseys? I couldn't find them on either their main site or their hockey apparel division. I really want an authentic Canucks third so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

a dallas trash bag jersey is my whale as well as the mustard nashville alt and a fishstick jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

wild-dark_1_.jpg

I have seen quite a few of these on eBay recently, but none under $40. One right now going for $50. What size are you looking for?

Minnesota Wild Jersey-- eBay

2 days left on this guy, and it's at about $25 so far.

Do you still have yours? I still have my white one, which I maintain is far superior, however, I'm liking the green one more now that I did. In fact, I really used to hate it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Do you still have yours? I still have my white one, which I maintain is far superior, however, I'm liking the green one more now that I did. In fact, I really used to hate it.

I do still have mine.

Funny you say that, because I liked the green better back then and now I think the white is superior. Either way, I wish they would have kept this one instead of now having 3 uniforms that aren't uniform.

qvAvG.jpg

On 1/17/2012 at 11:20 PM, Bmac said:
On 1/13/2012 at 10:47 PM, nash61 said:

Man I love that jersey. It's what I still wear to games. I got it probably less than a week after it was made available (the white had been on the market for some time, but I was holding out)...and this was at a time when replicas were of pretty good quality at a somewhat decent price. Since that's not the case anymore, this is the only Wild jersey I'll ever own; and that's fine...it's the best one anyway. I hope they'll one day have a primary that is similar to this: green with the logo not marginalized in a circle.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

wild-dark_1_.jpg

I have that jersey, but it's a 2XL (which is now really huge on me).

I could part with it if your price goes north of $30....

wild-dark_1_.jpg

I have that jersey, but it's a 2XL (which is now really huge on me).

I could part with it if your price goes north of $30....

$30.01? :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The 2001 Seattle Mariners' navy road alternate w/"SEATTLE" across jersey from instead of "MARINERS" in a sz L or XL. Had the bid on one on Ebay in the summer of '05 and lost it. They were incredibly hard to find then...impossible to find now.

Those were actually used at both home and on the road, and they were gone by 2001. They were only used in '99 and '00.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

kobetrophies.jpg

This size medium and a 1999 mlb all-star game jersey, medium or large.

this is fake dude. its a fashion jersey. hard to find.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The 2001 Seattle Mariners' navy road alternate w/"SEATTLE" across jersey from instead of "MARINERS" in a sz L or XL. Had the bid on one on Ebay in the summer of '05 and lost it. They were incredibly hard to find then...impossible to find now.

The Mariners must have heard you, for 2012 the new navy road alternates have Seattle on them, instead of Mariners. There is the addition of the 35th Anniversary patch, but everything else should be the same as the 2001 version.

I picked up this bad boy over the holidays. I'd have to say that it was one of my 'whales'.

that hat is awesome. i want one!

I've wanted this one for a long time - an original Arena Football Milwaukee Mustangs jersey:

MVC-001L_011.JPG

MVC-002L_010.JPG

I would have preferred the later version with the sleeve trim, but considering how hard it is to find anything from the Mustangs' purple-and-teal days, I'll happily take it. Plus, this jersey is in immaculate shape, and appears to be an authentic - note the V-neck as opposed to the overlap neck found on replicas of the day, plus the shoulders are reinforced with a second layer of material.

Thirteen dollars.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Another white whale that I'm currently working on is finding an affordable "St. Patrick's day hockey jersey". I don't remember an NHL team ever actually wearing a St. Patrick's day jersey in game, but it seems like a lot of minor league teams do it every year, so you'd think it'd be easy to find a cheap one somewhere, but all of the ones I've found on ebay (like the 3 below) are all $350+. I know they're so high because they're game worn and/or autographed, and I'd actually prefer it if they were new and blank, but I assume it's so hard to find them that way because they wouldn't mass produce a one-off game jersey. I'd be pretty open to getting just about any team's jersey, with maybe a few exceptions. These St. Patrick's day jerseys just seem to usually be so ridiculous that I need one in my collection.

StPats3.jpg

StPats2.jpg

StPats1.jpg

I have 2 different San Antonio Rampage St. Patricks Day Jerseys if you are interested in adding to your collection. One is a 06-07 game jeresy that was extra and has no name or numbers on it like you were looking for and the other is a game worn Paul Healy jersey from I believe the 03-04 season. Message me if you might be interested.

Archived