Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some of my 'whales':

77road.jpg

LOVE this jersey. I would kill for it.

2444934810100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I never understood the hate for this jersey. I know it's a bit wild, but it's unique.

that bolts jersey should be used as a fashion jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Not the one that was recently listed on ebay?

It was on eBay, but there are multiple ones listed, I thought.

How much?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Was in the Salvation Army today, and they had a Bruins Pooh Bear, Sharks pre-Edge, Lady Liberty, and Canucks navy and maroon. None of them had their proper crests, Instead they had a giant "Hockey for the Homeless" across the chest. :cursing: :cursing:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ClevelandBarons1976t.JPG

Either home or away, it matters not, but would love the '76 version with the Ohio number patches on the sleeves (they dropped them for their second and final season in the NHL).

Seriously, I would KILL for this Barons jersey!!! I just can't find one...

My other whales:

- 1995-99 Rimouski Oceanic game worn white jersey (with a little effort, should be easy to find...)

12siroisg4104.jpg;

- 1999-2000 Rimouski Oceanic game worn blue jersey (the only year they had blue numbers on blue jersey)

rimouski_oceanic_1999-00_front.jpg;

- 1998-2003 Sherbrooke Castors game worn jersey

castors55f.jpg;

- 1972-73 Quebec Nordiques jersey

224.jpg;

- 2000's Montreal Expos authentic grey jersey (Jose Vidro or Vladdy Guererro) and BP jersey with "Montreal" lettering

10866_01_lg.jpg

b7c3brinruw207i6sxvwwppi4.gif

My whale is the Indiana University men's basketball warm-up top with the IU logo on the chest and the script Indiana on the back:

indiana-hoosiers-team.jpeg

They used to sell them on campus, but now I cannot find them anywhere. I would pay good money for one.

Great forum... I'm a huge A's fan. My whale is the A's road caps from 1993. They wore them for only one season. Solid green cap with green bill but the white A's logo instead of the gold one that is on the road caps now.

al_1993_oakland.gif

I wear a 7 1/2 I've only found it in a 6 7/8 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLAND-AS-1990S-HAT-CAP-VINTAGE-FITTED-SIZE-6-7-8-/370529768523?pt=US_Hats&hash=item56454b944b

Thank you so much for any help!

This, this, or this. XL, $50 or less.

51785236.jpg100913.jpg

119048.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5736242.jpg

My collection craves both. Currently I have the yellow version of both.

Use the code POWER on the TEAMLA shop and you can get this for half off, today only. http://teamlastore.com/content/la-kings-crown-retro-replica-jersey-purple

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Great forum... I'm a huge A's fan. My whale is the A's road caps from 1993. They wore them for only one season. Solid green cap with green bill but the white A's logo instead of the gold one that is on the road caps now.

al_1993_oakland.gif

I wear a 7 1/2 I've only found it in a 6 7/8 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLAND-AS-1990S-HAT-CAP-VINTAGE-FITTED-SIZE-6-7-8-/370529768523?pt=US_Hats&hash=item56454b944b

Thank you so much for any help!

Yeah, that's a great cap that I would love to own too!

Archived