Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even supply a picture, but one of my whales is the mustard 1976 Pittsburgh Pirates pillbox hat. It was only worn during the 1976 season, and it appears no company has ever bothered to do a reproduction.

This?

AAAADCpi_vcAAAAAABnAkQ.jpg?v=1229263760000

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I can't even supply a picture, but one of my whales is the mustard 1976 Pittsburgh Pirates pillbox hat. It was only worn during the 1976 season, and it appears no company has ever bothered to do a reproduction.

This?

AAAADCpi_vcAAAAAABnAkQ.jpg?v=1229263760000

Thanks for the effort, but that picture was the 1977-86 gold version which was rotated with the solid black pillbox hat. The 1976 pillbox version was based on the 1970-75 mustard style hat. The Bucs did not win the NL East that year, but pitcher John Candelaria threw a no-hitter at home versus the Dodgers wearing that hat.

Adidas finally releases a Shawn Kemp hardwood classics jersey, the only problem is that it is a style he never wore. For some unknown reason they retro'd Kemp in a 2000 era jersey when he was traded in 1997! What the heck? Why retro a jersey a player never wore? I guess I am still looking :cry:

sk.jpg

Adidas finally releases a Shawn Kemp hardwood classics jersey, the only problem is that it is a style he never wore. For some unknown reason they retro'd Kemp in a 2000 era jersey when he was traded in 1997! What the heck? Why retro a jersey a player never wore? I guess I am still looking :cry:

sk.jpg

Because it's a fake....

sk.jpg

Because it's a fake....

No it isn't, all the local champs, footlockers, justsports and seattle team shop are selling them. 89.99 they are authentic.

According to the New Era Facebook page, they have both pillbox hats made and are releasing them soon. Will try to post a link on an edit soon

Manchester-City-icon.png

How stupid is this? I got a response from Adidas on why they made a Shawn Kemp jersey in the wrong year style, apparently it is a licensing issue where Adidas can only produce Sonics jerseys from the later years of the franchise. Why even make one then?

How stupid is this? I got a response from Adidas on why they made a Shawn Kemp jersey in the wrong year style, apparently it is a licensing issue where Adidas can only produce Sonics jerseys from the later years of the franchise. Why even make one then?

For the same reason that they've made similarly inaccurate Chris Mullin and Stockton & Malone jerseys - 'cause the general public won't know or care that they're incorrect, and will buy them anyway...

Finally got mine -- a Scotland soccer jersey w/ the shield on front (I think the 07-09 version??) in an XL.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Current whales...

Kevin Durant Sonics jersey

Any 90's Winnipeg Jets jersey (that is not so expensive and/or fake)

New grey or white Blue Jays uniform (or an old one)

All 3 of those are rather easy to find.

Still looking for a white Steve Young Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey in size 40-48, or any version of any Steve Young LA Express jersey.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived