Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The alt from this set has joined my list of Whales. If anybody has an L or XL they are looking to move, let me know. I've had a hell of a time finding one on eBay.

Sharks09.png

***Credit to nhluniforms.com for the graphic.

I found one on Ebay for $12....landed it at 2 am in the morning.

The negatives of it....

It had the RUBBER NUMBERING that you can't remove...its thick rubber.

It had an attorney's ad on the shoulder that says "Sponsored by _______, Attorney at Law" I just used a sharpie on the white thread, and then you can't see it anymore.

But still one of my FAVORITE jerseys, because it's easily the THICKEST jersey I've ever worn. Their home and away were not as thick as this....

Forums.gif

My search is over! I finally got my 1986-93 UND Fighting Sioux jersey in the mail yesterday. It's a pretty good feeling, I know others that have found their whale in this thread can attest to that.

However, I feel like there will be something else down the road I'll want to find, but whatever it is won't come close to this one.

qvAvG.jpg

My search is over! I finally got my 1986-93 UND Fighting Sioux jersey in the mail yesterday. It's a pretty good feeling, I know others that have found their whale in this thread can attest to that.

However, I feel like there will be something else down the road I'll want to find, but whatever it is won't come close to this one.

Ok, I know what you need to find next. This'll be tough, if not impossible. A late 90's/ early 00's randy moss or cris carter Vikings jersey. Good luck with that! All of these hardcore Viking fans hang onto those jerseys for dear life. No way you will find two or three of each of them at any given time you walk into any thrift store or garage sale in the tri state area. Nope, noooo way.

Edit: to make things interesting, just try to pair it with a culpepper jersey.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Ok, I know what you need to find next. This'll be tough, if not impossible. A late 90's/ early 00's randy moss or cris carter Vikings jersey. Good luck with that! All of these hardcore Viking fans hang onto those jerseys for dear life. No way you will find two or three of each of them at any given time you walk into any thrift store or garage sale in the tri state area. Nope, noooo way.

They apparently get rid of those jerseys like they're trash, meanwhile in 1998, 15 year old Chris couldn't get one because they were sold out at Scheel's. But tell me this: In your many travels to these stores of thrift, how many Jake Reed jerseys have there been? Something to think about.

qvAvG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not a jersey, but I found this in a drawer in my spare room last night. No idea when I got it but since it says "The Senators Are Back" on the back and has the pre-centurion logo I have to assume it dates to early 1991 or so.

IMG_1057.jpg

It's an XL so I've probably never worn it. I wonder if it might worth something if I hang onto it a little longer...

• 4 weeks later...

Not a jersey, but I found this in a drawer in my spare room last night. No idea when I got it but since it says "The Senators Are Back" on the back and has the pre-centurion logo I have to assume it dates to early 1991 or so.

IMG_1057.jpg

It's an XL so I've probably never worn it. I wonder if it might worth something if I hang onto it a little longer...

The best part about that shirt? Still not out-of-date.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

We all missed the boat in the mid-2000s, when a whole bunch of blank XFL replicas popped up on eBay. You can still get some teams, but I haven't seen an Outlaws one in forever, though I snagged an L.A. Xtreme one and had EPS turn it into a beautiful Tommy Maddox jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

We all missed the boat in the mid-2000s, when a whole bunch of blank XFL replicas popped up on eBay. You can still get some teams, but I haven't seen an Outlaws one in forever, though I snagged an L.A. Xtreme one and had EPS turn it into a beautiful Tommy Maddox jersey.

Extremely jealous.... I don't have many but I like the jerseys that are different and not everyone has.... I snagged a Steve Young LA Express jersey with the original tags on it about 4 years ago... never worn it too nervous to hurt it

Got one of my whales today!- a little "a" angels cap!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Looking for a 2010 World Cup Yaya Toure Ivory Coast green jersey. 538ee7c4eef4e63e0e8f79684ac3-grande.jpg

I want it to be a replica, I missed the boat when they were being sold, and now can't find anything in the L size anymore. Only places I see them are on questionable websites.

Archived