Searching for your 'whale'

They don't make an Oakland (not California Golden) Seals jersey, either. I'd love to get a first-year Barons jersey, because those sleeve numbers inside the state of Ohio are the best.

Would also like to score a Golden Seals jersey from their final Pacific Teal/UCLA shoulder stripes era. Alas, some things just aren't meant to be, it seems.

They used to. Observe:

2D789119-EFD0-4A1E-81D7-62897EF3BDF2-8684-000008145D38C242_zps5ff0e359.jpg

:P

EDIT: There are active eBay auctions right now for both this and the white jersey. Thank me later.

Guy wants $180 for replica jerseys. And $18 for shipping. I'm a fool, but even I'm not that easily parted from my money.

Also, something's weird about them. It's definitely not the same jersey as in the above pic (check the crests, tagging, and striping), which I believe was a very limited release about 10 years ago. The whole "worldwide exclusivity" thing is a puzzler, as is the 2012 manufacturing date. Did CCM/Reebok intend on releasing these for this season, scrap them because of the lockout, then unload what few they made on the cheap to a local outlet in Quebec? Just weird.

Guy wants $180 for replica jerseys. And $18 for shipping. I'm a fool, but even I'm not that easily parted from my money.

Also, something's weird about them. It's definitely not the same jersey as in the above pic (check the crests, tagging, and striping), which I believe was a very limited release about 10 years ago. The whole "worldwide exclusivity" thing is a puzzler, as is the 2012 manufacturing date. Did CCM/Reebok intend on releasing these for this season, scrap them because of the lockout, then unload what few they made on the cheap to a local outlet in Quebec? Just weird.

I didn't see the pricing, I just saw that he had them.

It sounds right about the "10 years ago" date. That's about when I got it. :P

I thought the ECHL wore white at home, like the AHL. Is this a case of an alternate uniform being promoted to primary status? I feel like I've seen that 'Clones jersey before.

Yeah, teams wear white at home. But for some reason the team's Alternate jerseys are wore a ton at home too. Maybe this will be the new roady for next season? It's been there alternate for the past 3-4 years.

The Cyclones have been wearing this a lot lately at home. Maybe it's a ploy to get their merchandise sales up.

A few years ago, the Stingrays here in Charleston used to wear white at home for the first half of the season, and coloreds for the 2nd half. Not sure why. Man did I like the 2nd half of the season better! Nowadays, it seems like they wear whatever color they want with no particular rhyme or reason.

ECHL jersey rules I think are pretty non-existant.

A few years ago, the Stingrays here in Charleston used to wear white at home for the first half of the season, and coloreds for the 2nd half. Not sure why. Man did I like the 2nd half of the season better! Nowadays, it seems like they wear whatever color they want with no particular rhyme or reason.

ECHL jersey rules I think are pretty non-existant.

The old IHL used to do that as well, wearing white at home for half of the season, and dark for the other half.

A recent whale for me is a Danny Amendola Rams throwback jersey, preferably a Nike model. I know all of the Welker Patriots jerseys are heavily discounted here in MA, but anyone know of any stores in St. Louis that might carry an Amendola Rams throwback?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got myself an old purple and green Manitoba Moose jersey. Whoopee.

Just need that last Moose uniform and I'm set. Still wondering if there's a size 44/46 Moose jersey out there. Seems unlikely, though.

Whoopee37MILLShomefrontG.jpg

?

For some time I didn't understand how awful the pun used for that team name was. Are they the only pro team named after some sexual euphemism?

Whoopee37MILLShomefrontG.jpg

?

For some time I didn't understand how awful the pun used for that team name was. Are they the only pro team named after some sexual euphemism?

I'm not sure, but it looks like they were sponsored by "COX"...