Searching for your 'whale'

What is wrong with cargo shorts?

Everything is wrong with cargo shorts. As is wearing a jersey if you're older than 10 years old.

Why do you need all those pockets? And I get your hate for grown men wearing jerseys, but what you wear to SEC football games is different than what's common to wear to sporting events in the rest of the country. I'll wear a team polo to football/basketball games here, but I'll wear a jersey whenever I go to a pro game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love cargo shorts..... way more than those hideous plaid board shorts everyone wears now.

But then again I have a very drastic curve on my baseball caps too, so I might be stuck in the late 90s. Oh well.

Everything is wrong with cargo shorts. As is wearing a jersey if you're older than 10 years old.

Why do you need all those pockets? And I get your hate for grown men wearing jerseys, but what you wear to SEC football games is different than what's common to wear to sporting events in the rest of the country. I'll wear a team polo to football/basketball games here, but I'll wear a jersey whenever I go to a pro game.

Amen to that (besides the pro jerseys). Maybe I'm that way because nearly everyone wears nice clothes to a SEC game, regardless of the sport.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Amen to that (besides the pro jerseys). Maybe I'm that way because nearly everyone wears nice clothes to a SEC game, regardless of the sport.

Only the finest wife beater or tuxedo T-shirt with the fewest gravy stains will do. And of course, the least scuffed "Cocks" baseball cap.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on getting the Ohio State Vapor Talon cleats and Ohio State Lunar TR1 trainers this year. Im looking for them in size 14.

nike-vapor-elite-cleats-ohio-state-buckeyes.jpgNike-Lunar-TR1-OSU.jpeg

Also I know these were on field gloves only but I have seen a few pairs on Ebay so I know that there out there. I'm looking for the Vapor Jet 2.0 glove in size XL. IT's the only pair of Ohio State gloves I'm missing from my collection

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

My goal is to get one style (authentic) of every jersey Steve Young ever wore in college and the pros, in a size 44/46/48 or M/L. I don't get hung up on different manufacturers (the 49ers wore Russell, Wilson, Reebok, and Adidas during Young's tenure, I'm not that picky). I need:

BYU road white

1984 LA Express home blue & road white

1985 LA Express home blue & road white

Tampa Bay Buccaneers road white

1994 49ers throwback home red & road white w/ NFL 75th anniversary patch

1998 49ers home red & road white w/ 49ers 50th anniversary patch (one-year thicker number style)

1992-94 Pro Bowl blue (only differences are the patches, not that hung up on details)

1997-98 Pro Bowl white (same as above)

Basically, I have the standard 1980s/90s 49ers red and white, late-90s 49ers red and white, Buccaneers orange, BYU blue, and a 1996 Pro Bowl. Looking for everything else.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

It's the Golden State (San Francisco, California, USA) Warriors. They play basketball in the NBA. Here's some more info.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/235/Golden_State_Warriors/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Warriors

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Additionally... it's a Sports Specialties cap that was popular in the late '80s and early '90s. The plain (two-color) "snapbacks" came out in the '80s, and they proceeded to come out with corduroy, white, black, pinstripe, fitted and many other versions. I'm a fan. Have some originals I probably should have sold when they came back.

Additionally... it's a Sports Specialties cap that was popular in the late '80s and early '90s. The plain (two-color) "snapbacks" came out in the '80s, and they proceeded to come out with corduroy, white, black, pinstripe, fitted and many other versions. I'm a fan. Have some originals I probably should have sold when they came back.

I had a Bulls corduroy from them. Still miss that thing since it broke last year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

A Manitoba Moose jersey in 44 / 46. I don't think they even exist :(

They're out there. They are a tough find though.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MANITOBA-MOOSE-AHL-IHL-HOME-PREMIER-REEBOK-HOCKEY-JERSEY-BRAND-NEW-SIZE-SMALL-/300864891441?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item460cf1ea31&_uhb=1#ht_1266wt_1348

That work for you?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Hello, new to the community here, although I've been lurking for a while.

I am not a jersey collector, but I wouldn't mind having an old Oklahoma City Blazers jersey from the 1960s. Can't imagine there are any around. I was about 7 or 8 the first time I went to a hockey game in OKC. Didn't realize how good some of these players were. I think that for a brief part of their first season, the Blazers had both Gerry Cheevers and Bernie Parent on their roster. 2 future HOF goalies, playing in 1966ish OKC...anyway, I have seen a few on here talk about places that can make a jersey, but I never have found anyone name such a place? Is that off-limits? I suppose that would be the next best thing for me. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know - thanks!

6869BlazersMd.jpg

Thanks for the info. Also, I know the team. I probably should have said that. I was looking for things like when it was made, rarity, authenticity. I think I'lll trust the tag with authenticity.

Yes, that looks legit. No one ever faked those, although many companies have brought out their own variations of those caps in the past few years... Reebok, Nike, Adidas, Mitchell & Ness...

Anyway, that looks just like the inside of my red Bulls cap I bought in the '90s. BillyB, I also had the corduroy version. Probably still do somewhere, but it sat way too high on my head. The regular red somehow has managed to stay wearable after all this time, unlike some of my other ones.

Hello, new to the community here, although I've been lurking for a while.

I am not a jersey collector, but I wouldn't mind having an old Oklahoma City Blazers jersey from the 1960s. Can't imagine there are any around. I was about 7 or 8 the first time I went to a hockey game in OKC. Didn't realize how good some of these players were. I think that for a brief part of their first season, the Blazers had both Gerry Cheevers and Bernie Parent on their roster. 2 future HOF goalies, playing in 1966ish OKC...anyway, I have seen a few on here talk about places that can make a jersey, but I never have found anyone name such a place? Is that off-limits? I suppose that would be the next best thing for me. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know - thanks!

6869BlazersMd.jpg

Try homegrownsportinggoods.com they have made jersey for me in the past. If they have that template, they can do it for you.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived