Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

$T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHBqpBQYNduyzdQ~~60_35.J

Another whale - I had back in the day and would love to have again. Oakland A's Elephant Sunglasses spring training cap in a 7 3/8.

Didn't HatClub sell that hat last year? It wasn't the original run of hats, but HatClub had four or five teams' BP hats that New Era recreated, and I could have sworn the A's were one of those teams. Not sure if they sold out.

I noticed these on their siteimg_0480_1.jpg

Is that what you meant, or did they have the mesh material version recreated at some point last year?

I thought they had the mesh...but it might have been that one...haha. Wish I could be of better help.

This is crazy - I clicked on this thread with the intention of posting that hat as my own 'whale,' but figured I better look through all the posts to see if someone else had posted the same thing. After 8 pages, I decided that the time scrolling wouldn't be worth it.

Anyway, on Google Images I searched for this hat and when I clicked on this photo, it led me directly to page 41 of this thread! Crazy stuff.

Any luck, BTW? I still can't find one -_-

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Gah, I was willing to go much higher on that jersey but my laggy connection :censored:ed things up. Been trying to get one of these jerseys for decades, I have the '81-'85 road jersey and the '85-'93 home jersey, but I need the road version...

The hunt continues....

While I lost my whale awhile back, I got a "baby whale" this week!

B3oXqPXIEAAGwWh.jpg

Is that a Champion Irish Rainbow replica?!?!

I have a Sand-Knit irish Rainbow, Terry Cummings. Wanna trade??

The replicas back then sucked. There was no Irish rainbow on the sides of the replicas, just like the Magic jerseys didn't have the pinstripes.

Checked this white whale off my list a few weeks back during my visit to St. Louis via thrift shop!

aVQi2h0.jpg

LPF9G5m.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wanted this one ever since I saw it online. Picked it up at Soccer World in Victoria, BC. My wife pointed it out to me and she has regreted it ever since lol

27495.jpg

That's an interesting design...

$T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHBqpBQYNduyzdQ~~60_35.J

Another whale - I had back in the day and would love to have again. Oakland A's Elephant Sunglasses spring training cap in a 7 3/8.

Didn't HatClub sell that hat last year? It wasn't the original run of hats, but HatClub had four or five teams' BP hats that New Era recreated, and I could have sworn the A's were one of those teams. Not sure if they sold out.

I noticed these on their siteimg_0480_1.jpg

Is that what you meant, or did they have the mesh material version recreated at some point last year?

I thought they had the mesh...but it might have been that one...haha. Wish I could be of better help.

This is crazy - I clicked on this thread with the intention of posting that hat as my own 'whale,' but figured I better look through all the posts to see if someone else had posted the same thing. After 8 pages, I decided that the time scrolling wouldn't be worth it.

Anyway, on Google Images I searched for this hat and when I clicked on this photo, it led me directly to page 41 of this thread! Crazy stuff.

Any luck, BTW? I still can't find one -_-

Still on the hunt for a 7 3/8! A few in other sizes have popped up on eBay over the past month,

My girlfriend ordered me my white whale, and it looks like it'll be arriving this week... I suppose I better put a ring on it.

IpxAhRW.jpg

You've got yourself a keeper, Keith.

QPR%20Sig.png

Finally my whale hunt is over, found this on eBay:

$_12.JPG

$12 brand new, Made in USA , I just hope that it's not a fake.

This is what makes me think it might be fake.

Why? Low crowns are usually made in USA. At least, those sold on minorleagues.com are. I'll report back next week when it arrives, but if it's a fake it's a bummer.

Archived