Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently found most of mine.

I have both blue and white Rangers libery jerseys.

Coyotes old third, just found a little while ago on eBay.

Bruins bear head yellow third.

Lightning 90's third.

Seals 60's sweater, with the logo as in my avatar.

Flames black horse head.

Fisherman Islanders jersey.

Mets orange BP jersey.

Sorry, just listing off as I'm thinking. The only jersey really left I want is probably the Sharks jersey in my sig. The previous alternate. I've found a few here and there on eBay but either too expensive or not my size.

I'd also like to get my hands on the white version of the Flames horse head jersey if those are real. I can't remember if they actually were worn in games or not.

Edit: Forgot about this beauty. Never ran across one even on eBay that I can remember.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Americans13.html

Brooklyn Americans jersey. So sweet.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'd also like to get my hands on the white version of the Flames horse head jersey if those are real. I can't remember if they actually were worn in games or not.

Flames definitly never had a white jersey with the horse head as the primary crest. Was probably a fan made or fashion jersey. I'm assuming somebody just crested the White Pre-Edge jersey with the horse head and added the other horse head jersey's shoulder patches.

Flames definitly never had a white jersey with the horse head as the primary crest. Was probably a fan made or fashion jersey. I'm assuming somebody just crested the White Pre-Edge jersey with the horse head and added the other horse head jersey's shoulder patches.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for the info, I can take that off my list lol.

I don't want fashion jerseys for hockey, I've seen some cool ones but nothing to add to my collection since it isn't the same.

2ly2w09.jpg

I just missed out on my white whale AGAIN at the weekend. A genuine '94 Wilson Steve Young 75th Anniversary Throwback 49ers jersey. :cry: Totally gutted it was on Ebay, checked it out was the real deal, from a UK collector so postage would have been reasonable too but got done by like £5! Although to be fair even then I'd extended myself over what I could actually afford. Why do these things only come up when cash is tight?

***pumps fist in the air and screams "Damn you god of unattainable football jerseys! Damn you to heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll!!!*** :mad::mad:

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

For some reason I'm hung up on Nashville minor league teams from the past.

Nashville South Stars

Nashville Vols (probably any era...but very old and just-before-going-away are best)

Nashville Express (to be able to prove they existed, lol)

Nashville Dixie Flyers

Nashville Knights (saw a Preds fan rocking one of these)

Also, I'd love one of the blue or white MTSU hockey jerseys as well...with actual numbers (they sometimes had to use electrical tape). They were in the style of the Leafs.

Oh, and while I'm dreaming in my MTSU dorkdom, the 1980s MT football tops and helmets, and the 1975 (?) navy blue helmets with the powder blue state-of-TN outline and block MT overlay. That one's a beaut.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like an old San Diego Conquistadors road jersey in my size (currently the only ones I can find are the ridiculously huge ones):

mn-kssc74r05.gif

Buy a cheap one, get it altered. There isn't that big of a difference in the neck holes between a size 60 and a smaller size. There's no design on the sides, so all they'd have to do is cut it down, sew it up, and move the tags. $25 tops.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'd like an old San Diego Conquistadors road jersey in my size (currently the only ones I can find are the ridiculously huge ones):

mn-kssc74r05.gif

Buy a cheap one, get it altered. There isn't that big of a difference in the neck holes between a size 60 and a smaller size. There's no design on the sides, so all they'd have to do is cut it down, sew it up, and move the tags. $25 tops.

I didn't think of that, thanks for the idea!

mn-kssc74r05.gif

I didn't think of that, thanks for the idea!

No problem. Just take a jersey that fits you to the alterations shop with you, you shouldn't have any problems.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

From what I recall Starter sweaters were always top notch.

Yeah, I own a eggplant Mighty Ducks and white early Coyotes jersey and both are Starters and easily the most comfortable and sturdy jerseys I own.

My white whale is a jersey I already own, but it was my very first hockey jersey from when I was 5 years old, so it doesn't fit. I want one that fits, because I would honestly wear the hell out of it:

IMG_0529.jpg

I don't care how ugly it is.

I'd also want the regular Mighty Ducks jerseys in larger sizes (again, I've grown quite a bit since I was a child :lol: ), so that I could wear them, and get them numbered as well (probably with #31 Hebert and #35 Giguere, with an '03 Stanley Cup patch on the Giguere one).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not a jersey collector - in fact, I've never owned an authentic jersey to be honest - but I do collect Pantone values and vector graphics.

I am currently in need/want/obsessed with finding official graphics and/or color specs for two older AFL teams - the Minnesota Fighting Pike, and the Texas Terror.

There are others, but those are two that are driving me crazy.

Archived