Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2017 at 2:47 AM, nyratk1 said:

My white whales:

- Mets 1976 pillbox hat

- Rangers white Lady Liberty for a reasonable price in my size (I'm 3xl :/ )

- Newcastle United 1990s era jerseys, particularly any years where they had the Newcastle Brown Ale blue star sponsor. Also those rad sublimated city skyline keeper jerseys.

Got the Newcastle home whales but not the GK whales. And nowhere near the Mets or Rangers whales.

• 2 months later...

I found a Nike Borussia Dortmund 1998-2000 home jersey on ebay. My size and unopened in bag. Had to get it. Hope it is legit though but the seller seemed honest and the pictures were good.

For reference, this is the jersey. The best in the clubs history in my opinion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS06c-ePLA6M2XlB6h8xI7

• 1 year later...

spacer.png

In 2016 the Leafs unveiled new jerseys, and in 2017 they were modified slightly when Adidas took over as the manufacturer. The new jerseys have hideous NFL-esque, incomplete toilet seat collars, meaning they wore the above jerseys (with the much nicer collars) only one season. I'd imagine very few stores would have any leftover inventory of a 4-year-old jersey, but if anyone knows a place that still sells Reebok NHL jerseys (or if you have one to sell yourself), DM me.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been on the lookout for this Roger Edwards hockey sweater for quite a while.  Recently acquired one off Ebay.

RCAF Flyers Sweater (replica of the one they wore when they won gold in hockey for Canada in the 1948 Olympics)

spacer.png

Fits in nicely as the center piece of my little related collection

spacer.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just recently bought my "whale": a personalized Minnesota North Stars jersey (courtesy of 503 Sports, and arriving by the end of the day Friday)

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been on the hunt to track down the gameday pins for every NFL game I've been to. I managed to recently find two that had been eluding me which now leaves me with two left to find. The last two are: Bills @ Chiefs (Sep. 11, 2011) and Eagles @ Chiefs (Sep. 17, 2017). Problem is I've never seen a picture of a pin from either game so I'm not sure if they even exist. I contacted the Arrowhead Stadium shop and they unfortunately weren't able to confirm if pins were made for either game, or even for those entire seasons for that matter. The only thing that gives me hope is that I've seen a picture of a pin from the Packers @ Chiefs game on Dec. 18, 2011 so I assume they would have made pins for each game that season.

I've had ebay saved searches for a LONG time for these and nothing has ever come up. It feels like I've scoured every corner of the internet too but have had no success. Anyone know anywhere other than ebay where I might want to look? Or are there any Chiefs fans or KC residents that can even let me know if pins were made for those games?

I'm also on the hunt for this Brian Dawkins Bleacher Creature to round out my Eagles collection. It has proven more difficult than I would have expected!

c267e967a78b12dbd6c056405396f630.jpg

Archived