Searching for your 'whale'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on a 5 year quest for this Hawks' jersey and matching shorts....

dikembe-mutombo-atlanta-hawks-signed-8x10-photo-wcoa1_723f4af664353e80868f3353788c0770.jpg

You looking for replica or authentic? And is it a Mutombo jersey you're looking for?

The replicas that I've seen are solid black, and the Hawk doesn't wrap around, so that's off the radar for me. I've been keeping my eyes open for an authentic, and the player doesn't matter. There's a Steve Smith game-worn/signed one on eBay right now, but being a student, I don't have an extra $800 lying around:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steve-Smith-1998-99-Atl-Hawks-Game-Worn-Big-Bird-Jersey-/230600329858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b0d9ca82

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

My whales were a Piazza Marlins jersey, and I've got them both (Home and Road).

Then I wanted a Dodgers and Mets ones so I have the all getting customized over at stitches in NY (5 in all i believe).

I guess now---

Starter Replica Yellow Florida Panthers Jersey in a XL customized with Vanbiesbrouck ( I have a XXL Blank, too big).

Dan Marino White 1999 Dolphins Jersey 52 or 48 (Nike Preffered, or Starter)

Dan Marino White 1984 Jersey 52 or 48

Mike Piazza Padres Camo size 48

Piazza Green Athletics

It would be cool if I can find a Blue Mets BP in a Piazza from 1998 with the white New York on the front.

Some people want this, but I have a Marlins size 52 Alternate Pinstripe from 2003---looking to trade for a Marlins current 48. Anyone---

I'd even trade it for a 48 I'd like in a MLB. Especially one from above.

Where did the yardsale thread go on here?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I lost an Ebay auction last night for a blue Islanders fisherman. I was leading the auction for a day and a half and then it got swiped from me in the last five seconds. I nearly broke the coffee table. There's some white jerseys available, but the blue one is the crazier, whackier of the two. That's my whale.

Here's something interesting that I found:

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

I don't know where this picture is from, but I'm assuming it's from some sort of unveiling ceremony. Look at the torso stripes. They're less waves and more of a descending swoosh like how Anaheim's current jerseys are.

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Does anyone know what that's all about?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Starter Replica Yellow Florida Panthers Jersey in a XL customized with Vanbiesbrouck ( I have a XXL Blank, too big).

Yellow? Can you post a pic?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I lost an Ebay auction last night for a blue Islanders fisherman. I was leading the auction for a day and a half and then it got swiped from me in the last five seconds. I nearly broke the coffee table. There's some white jerseys available, but the blue one is the crazier, whackier of the two. That's my whale.

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

I don't know where this picture is from, but I'm assuming it's from some sort of unveiling ceremony. Look at the torso stripes. They're less waves and more of a descending swoosh like how Anaheim's current jerseys are.

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Never seen that before, but it's not unheard of to alter designs after an unveiling (but are those for sale in the background?).

I'm wary of judging colors from a photo, but it looks more like a Columbia blue and less like teal there.

For those that wonder what that jersey would look like with straght stripes, i found this youth jersey online.

101048.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

I'll up my price for a Seattle Seahawks green game worn jersey to $850. I have a green Seahawks concept helmet in my collection.

Other noteables in my collection:

Full Baltimore Bombers (NFL) unifor4m

Gretzky all star jersey (edmonton) game issued, not worn (it was the year after he was traded to LA)

At least one game worn from every WLAF/NFL E team except England Monarchs

I'm working on a whale right now. Wish me luck.

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Were the wave-like hem stripes really that inconsistent on the Fisherman jerseys? The shoulder and sleeve stripes look cleaner compared to them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's Cooperstown now? I'm torn.

Thanks.

Upon closer examination, that's not it. It's got the gradient TB, which shouldn't appear on the green caps.

The one I want is this one:

-43191705277341010.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

islesfish9597kaspy.jpg

Were the wave-like hem stripes really that inconsistent on the Fisherman jerseys? The shoulder and sleeve stripes look cleaner compared to them.

Yep, the wavy stripes were really that wavy:

fisherman.jpg

It's Cooperstown now? I'm torn.

Thanks.

Upon closer examination, that's not it. It's got the gradient TB, which shouldn't appear on the green caps.

The one I want is this one:

-43191705277341010.jpg

Ahhhh. See, I personally like the gradient one better, so when I found it I assumed it was the one you were looking for...

EDIT: Here it is, I think.

25yzwqg.png

Archived