New fantasy soccer team crest concept

Viper

Presenting the MacLaren Football Club of Madison, Wisconsin (aka the "Mad Macs").

Crest.png

MacLaren is my middle name. The "11" in the center represents both the year of the club's "founding" (i.e. the creation of the logo) and, of course, the eleven men on the pitch. The team colors (cranberry, charcoal and pewter) are the same as those of my other Wisconsin-based fantasy sports teams, though I may change them based on the feedback I get.

And in case you're wondering, no, the Mad Macs aren't in a league yet. The plan is to enter them in an EPL-based fantasy league on ESPN.com next season, as a substitute or supplement to my fantasy gridiron team(s) which for obvious reasons may or may not see any action this fall.

C&C welcome of course. Once I finalize the logo I'll start designing kits.

CCSLC signature.png

try a shield with vertical stripes. take off the 11 and put 11 stars in place. take off the winsconsin name, let just madison. just a idea

I like what you did with the original, but I also agree with him here except for the stars part...it would clutter it up to have 11 stars

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

It's all a bit too dark... You have to be careful to have plenty of white's in a round logo because it doesn't "breathe" if that makes sense :P Also with the 11... it looks like shifty eyes... <_< I would incorporate a socer ball into the red insided of the socer... That's not easy to do but I think it would complete this logo...

Overall, not bad at all. I'd like seeing ti on kits or something... might give it a little more context :)

PPq00.png

It's all a bit too dark... You have to be careful to have plenty of white's in a round logo because it doesn't "breathe" if that makes sense :P Also with the 11... it looks like shifty eyes... <_< I would incorporate a socer ball into the red insided of the socer... That's not easy to do but I think it would complete this logo...

Overall, not bad at all. I'd like seeing ti on kits or something... might give it a little more context :)

If this were an MLS fantasy team I might have used a soccer ball, but I'm going for a more Euro-style look (remember, this is meant for an English Premier League fantasy club), and most of the top clubs in the UK and Europe don't have a ball as part of the logo.

As for your other suggestions, I've changed the interior trim from pewter to white as you suggested. I've also changed the exterior trim to cranberry (dropping pewter from the color scheme completely) and cropped the serifs down a bit on the '11' so they don't look so much like eyes as you pointed out. Here's the revised logo:

Crest-2.png

CCSLC signature.png

Archived