Great Sports Posters

hornedfrogboy41

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a request for a poster? There was advertisement a while ago, that was AWESOME! It was kinda had a hand drawn style. No idea the company or anything...

One was a quarterback with a literal cannon for an arm.

The other was a running back, with like a tank or a car for legs or something.

any one no what I'm talking about?

I keep waiting for someone to post it on this, or it to pop up somewhere.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

SLAM used to have fold-out posters (Called "SlamUps" IIRC). Some of them were pretty great - MJ & 'Nique in the dunk contest, ABA-era Dr. J... Wish I still had them.

I just counted, and I have a total of 30 of the SLAM-UPS hanging on all 4 walls in my room, including MJ, Nique, Dr. J, Wade, Pip, AI, etc. They are awesome.

Grandmama! I had a different LJ poster, he was wearing the Grandmama getup in a mid-dunk pose. Came free with the weekly basketball paper we had in the UK (think it was called "Slam Dunk") back in the early 90's. I also remember an awesome 1995 East All-Star team poster from the same paper...

Grandmama! I had a different LJ poster, he was wearing the Grandmama getup in a mid-dunk pose. Came free with the weekly basketball paper we had in the UK (think it was called "Slam Dunk") back in the early 90's. I also remember an awesome 1995 East All-Star team poster from the same paper...

I think that's the poster I was looking for, but only came up with this one.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The only sports poster I bought was a Charlotte Hornets logo poster, but SLAM used to have fold-out posters (Called "SlamUps" IIRC). Some of them were pretty great - MJ & 'Nique in the dunk contest, ABA-era Dr. J... Wish I still had them.

SLAM still has the SlamUps, I love them. They also throw some older pics in there sometimes.

I currently have two hanging up in my dorm now.

One is Magic Johnson (Lamar Odom/Lakers on the reverse side)

the other is Shawn Kemp (VInce Carter/Raptors on the reverse side).

Sidenote, Vince is wearing Pumas in the picture. I found that kind of odd; they make basketball shoes? (also, I always found it funny that he wore And1's in the dunk contest...)

EDIT: Further review, here's a couple pics.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The only sports poster I bought was a Charlotte Hornets logo poster, but SLAM used to have fold-out posters (Called "SlamUps" IIRC). Some of them were pretty great - MJ & 'Nique in the dunk contest, ABA-era Dr. J... Wish I still had them.

SLAM still has the SlamUps, I love them. They also throw some older pics in there sometimes.

I currently have two hanging up in my dorm now.

One is Magic Johnson (Lamar Odom/Lakers on the reverse side)

the other is Shawn Kemp (VInce Carter/Raptors on the reverse side).

Sidenote, Vince is wearing Pumas in the picture. I found that kind of odd; they make basketball shoes? (also, I always found it funny that he wore And1's in the dunk contest...)

EDIT: Further review, here's a couple pics.

Don't think Puma make b-ball shoes any more, but theyy sure used to. They had one of the first player models, back in the 70s - the Puma Clyde, worn by Walt Frazier. I've got a picture around somewhere of him wearing one blue shoe and one orange. Come to think of it, that picture probably came out of Slam, too.

Why does this thread title keep making me thing of this:

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived