What Grinds your Gears Logo version

Funky Bunky

So, what trends in uniforms and logos, grind you gears or piss you off?

For me, I hate it when alternate jerseys in Hockey are just a different color, but the same jersey as the home/road. It's boring and un-original!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go ahead and say what a bunch of people in this thread will say: BFBS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Throwbacks uniforms being used full time.

Using old logos.

Circular hockey logos copied by many teams.

Wordmark logos in hockey.

Plain and bland designs.

Spanish language jerseys.

Baby blue being the cool new color.

"Retro" tan/white also becoming a cool color.

Each sport having breast cancer jerseys, the NFL having a whole month with pink, yet baseball is the only sport that gives mens cancer a day.

2ly2w09.jpg

Throwbacks uniforms being used full time.

Using old logos.

Circular hockey logos copied by many teams.

Wordmark logos in hockey.

Plain and bland designs.

Spanish language jerseys.

Baby blue being the cool new color.

"Retro" tan/white also becoming a cool color.

Each sport having breast cancer jerseys, the NFL having a whole month with pink, yet baseball is the only sport that gives mens cancer a day.

What he said...

tigercatssignature-1.png

NBA-

-Overuse of alternate jerseys and throwbacks.

-Teams wearing their road jerseys at home for no apparent reason/holiday/celebration.

-Teams changing/recoloring jerseys and/or logos too often in general.

-Any matchup where at least one team isn't wearing white or yellow.

MLB-

-I'm really not a big fan of all these exhibition/BP uniforms. I don't like the BP jerseys with the weird side panels and shoulder panels, and I don't like the caps with piping and side "ear" panels.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Teams giving up good logos and uniforms for crap. Whatever that means to you. Whether it's adding black, adding cream to the hockey jerseys, piping everywhere to a jersey, or cutesy number fonts.

I am getting sick of Spanish uniforms. Especially when they think its Spanish just by adding Los. For example El Heat for Los Bulls. At least make an effort. Put Torros on the uniform that is Spanish not Los Bulls.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

throwbacks that are modified (ex. 2011 penguins winter classic). make them a true throwback and i'm happy

over simplification of a good logo or jersey (ex. tampa bay, nashville)

tie up collars i like but i think they're getting overused

powder blue

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I am getting sick of Spanish uniforms. Especially when they think its Spanish just by adding Los. For example El Heat for Los Bulls. At least make an effort. Put Torros on the uniform that is Spanish not Los Bulls.

Neither.

What is Latin heritage about changing the language? Saying that the Latin people that are in America, since that is where the games are being played, don't speak English?

If the games were in another country that spoke that language maybe, but this is just getting silly.

I'll be waiting for Russian night, Polish night, German night, Japanese night, etc. Or is it assumed those demographics speak English and don't need a heritage night that shows their native language?

Sorry for the rant, but this is just really annoying. And if noche means night it Spanish, why are the Heat continuing to wear these stupid things for several nights?

Sigh, I'm not a big NBA fan anyways, but this pushed me away farther since they started doing it. Especially when my team, the Bulls, does it.

2ly2w09.jpg

Wordmarks for NHL jerseys... please, this isn't the NBA. Vancouver you're included.

Ugly 3rd jerseys that are just there for the sake of being there. I'm thinking Minnesota, Columbus, Colorado, Florida and Ottawa. If it's not a good jersey idea, don't make it.

Darks being used for home jerseys. Time to swtich back to whites. Seriously.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

What is Latin heritage about changing the language? Saying that the Latin people that are in America, since that is where the games are being played, don't speak English?

If the games were in another country that spoke that language maybe, but this is just getting silly.

I'll be waiting for Russian night, Polish night, German night, Japanese night, etc. Or is it assumed those demographics speak English and don't need a heritage night that shows their native language?

Sorry for the rant, but this is just really annoying. And if noche means night it Spanish, why are the Heat continuing to wear these stupid things for several nights?

Sigh, I'm not a big NBA fan anyways, but this pushed me away farther since they started doing it. Especially when my team, the Bulls, does it.

1ae122ghtj1hjpdr0mshaig.gifnykcopy.gifsunscopy.gif

NHL: Teams replacing their perfectly good primary logo with a boring wordmark. Yeah, new wordmark is associated with a Stanley Cup Championship while the old logo isn't, but that doesn't change the fact that it feels half-arsed and is in dire need of being replaced with something, anything better on the front of the jerseys.

UK Hockey: Where do I even begin: Generic and unimaginative team names, blatantly stolen logos from the North American major professional sports leagues, clipart-ish graphics, gradients and piss poor font choices among other things. Stuff like this really takes away from the legitimacy of the game and adds tackiness instead. By my count, only one team in the whole country got it right, and their logoset was designed by none other than a CCSLC designer whose username I can't remember: the Edinburgh Capitals.

UK American Football: Like with ice hockey here in Britain, many logos tend to be blatantly stolen from North American pro teams. But it gets even better than this with my University's own team: they took the flame shape from Photoshop, flipped it upside down and called it a day.

50352_19135427818_2915101_n.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

NFL

I have no problem with the NFL wearing pink but do we have to celebrate a month.

MLB

Overuse of alternate jersey

Making throwback as alt. I think the MLB should use the 4th of July week as Coopertown week so we could see teams in their throwback

NBA

Making throwback as fashion jersey I mean since when does the Cavs ever wore Blue & Yellow in their history.

NHL

Jerseys like the Stars, and Trashers which look more like softball jersey than hockey.

Oregon Ducks football team because they can't make up their mind about which jersey they should wear.

Ohio St. Uniform from last year Big Game. I guess whoever created their uniform was playing NCAA 11 when he had that idea.

NFL

I have no problem with the NFL wearing pink but do we have to celebrate a month.

I'm all for raising awareness, but is 4 weeks of seeing EVERYTHING pink really necessary?

Shoes, towels, hats, gloves, wristbands, they overdo it.

bufg.png

NFL

I'm all for raising awareness, but is 4 weeks of seeing EVERYTHING pink really necessary?

Shoes, towels, hats, gloves, wristbands, they overdo it.

I hear ya I mean I think 2 wks is enough so all 32 teams can honor them.

Archived