Brockton Rox unveil new logos

Pharos04

I don't like that they have three different fonts. In a logo, IMHO, when you have more than two fonts you lose out on having a defined logo. To me, this is a solid logo for an independent team, but pick one font and go with it. The ROX is very direct in evoking the Red Sox and they MAY need to change that if the BoSox get chippy.

I don't like that they have three different fonts. In a logo, IMHO, when you have more than two fonts you lose out on having a defined logo. To me, this is a solid logo for an independent team, but pick one font and go with it. The ROX is very direct in evoking the Red Sox and they MAY need to change that if the BoSox get chippy.

They only have 2. "Rox" and "Massachusetts" are the same font, so it's really no different from the previous Red Sox primary, where Boston and Red Sox were 2 different fonts. But, why do they even have Massachusetts on there? And why is the baseball only below Rox? Why couldn't it also be above it? There's just empty navy space there. Someone didn't look over the logo very closely before going forward.

Well, it is an indy league so maybe they are staging a boxing match between innings. Or maybe they wanted to invoke another sport because they thought it was too "baseball-y". Indy league zigs when right thinking people would correctly zag.

What's the deal with the boxing gloves on a baseball logo?

From Wikipedia:

Brockton is the sixth largest city in Massachusetts and is sometimes referred to the "City of Champions", mainly due to the success of native boxers Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler

That probably explains the gloves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived