Thing I miss in sports

RETROJR79

TD Celebration in College Football

NBA on CBS

NBA on NBC

I almost cried.

Whoa... I just noticed that they're the same.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA on CBS with the best theme music in sports, from the 80s.

Day baseball postseason games (or heck, any beginning before 8:37pm)

4 MLB divisions, champions only to the postseason.

No regular season NHL OT. Games end in ties after 60 minutes.

Bruins games on WSBK TV 38

Bench clearing brawls in the NHL. Let them get it out of their system, instead of 14 mini brawls like the Isles-Pens game last month.

The PBA on ABC Saturday afternoons at 3pm.

sig-1.png

Both of them football related... Sleeves and NFL Europe. No particular order really I'm not fussed but if we could have both back sometime soon that'd be great! There'd be more room for good designs on football jerseys and my springs wouldn't be so dull.

I know neither will happen but a guy can get nostalgic right? B)

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

NO interleague play; I mean, wasn't it great when the teams in the World Series had never met in the regular season? or ever?

Totally agree. I haven't liked Interleague play since its outset. Part of the reason I loved the World Series was that the two teams were guaranteed to have not met in the regular season. It made it so much more awesome.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Teams that wore colors besides red and blue.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NO interleague play; I mean, wasn't it great when the teams in the World Series had never met in the regular season? or ever?

Totally agree. I haven't liked Interleague play since its outset. Part of the reason I loved the World Series was that the two teams were guaranteed to have not met in the regular season. It made it so much more awesome.

I'm as old school as it gets with baseball. I hate the DH, fake grass, and stadiums with a roof. That said, I love interleague play. I grew up in an AL city. It's great to get a chance to see NL teams play.

BB52Big.jpg

This one clip encompasses a lot of what I miss: Players like Earl Campbell, those old MNF intros, and Howard Cosell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304YwFYrbZ4&feature=related

When Cosell did the halftime highlights to the MNF theme song, I was glued to my 9-inch black and white TV.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Although they existed before I was born, I wouldn't mind some regularly scheduled double headers in baseball. Apparently, the Angels and A's are doing this this year, but I think every team should have at least a few during the season. The World Series should be in October (even if it is nice to have an extra month of baseball).

Although they existed before I was born, I wouldn't mind some regularly scheduled double headers in baseball. Apparently, the Angels and A's are doing this this year, but I think every team should have at least a few during the season. The World Series should be in October (even if it is nice to have an extra month of baseball).

Agreed. I never understood why players hated it. I figured the longer off season would be worth it.

Archived