- Seattle Supersonics

- Houston Oilers

- Los Angeles Rams

- The Cowboys' blue uniform

- The Jazz using purple

- The Florida Panthers' red jersey

- The KC Royals powder blue road uni

- The Tampa Bay Devil Rays and their green unis

- This Browns script on a brown background being used as the team logo on SportsCenter:

4646.gif

Throwbacks On thanksgiving

White Cleats (especially with the dolphins)

I know im a Jet fan but i kinda miss giants stadium the new stadium has so many fair weather fans and they moved my tickets back 30 rows, I still love the new stadium as far as comfort and enjoyment of games.

Also Shea that old rust bucket felt like home period.

The Rams In the playoffs

Football on Christmas not on the NFL network

Wayne Chrebet

Mike Piazza

Twins At the metrodome

Can I add to my list...? Well, I'm going to, and all uniform related:

Football jerseys with sleeves (I believe someone else mentioned this); and sleeves with stripes that go ALL the way around the sleeve...

Stirrups... with stripes...

Hockey jerseys that make that nice "bell" shape, ie good ol' CCM jerseys...

None more than this...

And I'll answer back with this:

That was a fun team to watch and the closest thing to a Showtime Era the Clippers have ever had. Too bad Miles and Odom didn't stick around long enough to win anything.

This new Clippers core is still my favorite, though.

gary thorne calling hockey games, pretty much hockey on espn in general

Hmm

-Saturday NFL doubleheaders after college football season's over

-NBC having (part of) the MLB contract

-Watching Hockey Night in Canada in the 90s

-The NBA on NBC (duh)

-Sportscenter back in the day

-Oh, and these theme songs for football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltmUTQkcZ0

(as awesome as the NFL on CBS theme is, I think the predecessor shown here's even better)

Even though I'm not a boxing fan I do miss CBS & NBC showing Boxing on Saturday afternoon when they were no Baseball & Hockey season.

And I do miss NBC Sportsworld & of course ABC Wide World Of Sports.

White jerseys at home in the NHL.

You nailed it I'm sure every NHL fans misses the home white jersey.

I guess I'm in the minority, I like seeing the Flyers in orange at home.

BUT, here's a fun compromise; why not alternate it every year? Odd number years teams wear dark at home, even number years they wear white at home. I couldn't imagine it'd be all that difficult to do.

Don't get me wrong I love seeing the orange jerseys on home ice, especially after all those years of the black jerseys. But something about white at home that makes me miss it. It's probably because I didn't get to watch games when I was growing up, and the only times I could was the occasional UPN 57 broadcast where I would see the orange roads. Seeing a home broadcast and the white jerseys was a special moment for me.

Additionally, the NHL is literally the only league at any level that doesn't wear white at home. It's weird when high school, collegiate, and minor leagues all have home whites and dark roads, and the highest league of the game has it the other way around.

Darks at home, though, is also a return to the origins of the NHL. I still think it'd be neat to see them swap it up every year though, just to make everyone happy.

The old IHL (which I should add to my miss list) used to switch mid-season (or at least they did one year I recall)--home whites the first half of the season and home colors the second.

Twins At the metrodome

WHAT?! Aside from the Twins winning two World Series there I absolutely hate the Dome. Minus the North Stars leaving it's the worst thing to ever happen to Minnesota sports.

-Oh, and these theme songs for football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltmUTQkcZ0

(as awesome as the NFL on CBS theme is, I think the predecessor shown here's even better)

Those are probably my two favorite sports themes.

--

I also miss the NHL on FOX. While I'd say about 60% of it nostalgia, no network before or since has given the NHL such good coverage. Although that was probably due to the buzz the NHL was getting back in 94. Much like the NHL is now, and Fox is interested in the rights. Return of the glow puck? Nah. Although they'll probably bring some metallic robot back.

Each NBA team having their own warm ups.

Watching the Lakers vs. Celtics with those famous warm-ups reminds me of why I started liking basketball as a kid.

now everyone just wears the company line Adidas stuff. Its a microcosm for this big-business society we live in, and its worse.

-When the Mets played with out the black drop shadow, uniforms, and hats.

-The 1986 Mets

-Shea Stadium

-When sports didnt do all this promotional stuff (like wearing pink an entire month in the NFL) I'm all for awareness but a month is too much.

-When sports werent all about the money. (players demanding 100's of millions, cost of tickets, all these new uniforms ever year just so teams can make more money off merchandise)

-People watching the Super Bowl to actually watch the game and not the commercials/halftime show!!!

-The baseball season ending in early October not November

-Hartford Whalers

-NBC doing the world series. (i absolutely hate FOX)

Twins At the metrodome

WHAT?! Aside from the Twins winning two World Series there I absolutely hate the Dome. Minus the North Stars leaving it's the worst thing to ever happen to Minnesota sports.

Two World Series trophies would disagree with you. Yes, what was played there could hardly be called baseball, but while they were there and the place was full they had a pretty much unprecedented home field advantage, as their 8-0 home World Series record (compared with their 0-6 road World Series record) could attest.

Twins At the metrodome

Two World Series trophies would disagree with you. Yes, what was played there could hardly be called baseball, but while they were there and the place was full they had a pretty much unprecedented home field advantage, as their 8-0 home World Series record (compared with their 0-6 road World Series record) could attest.

Never been there I just liked watching games on Tv at the metrodome.

I miss basketball uniforms that actually seem to fit players. I'm not advocating a move back to short shorts by any means, but a lot of players in the pros and in college seem to wear jerseys and shorts a size too big for them, and it seems especially so when (at least in the NBA) they're wearing throwback sets (though part of it might be due to trying to duplicate the comparatively simpler design of older jerseys on the bigger spaces of today's jersey templates, making the whole thing look weird).

A few of the repeats:

NBA on NBC

PBA (Professional Bowlers Association) on ABC along with Chris Shenkel and Nelson Burton Jr.

Gary Thorne calling NHL games along with the whole ESPN package: (Intro, theme, etc.)

Scheduled Doubleheaders.

The last 2 minutes of a basketball game not being foul fest and lasting a half hour

My 2/100th of a Dollar:

County Stadium, even though I love Miller Park.

Saturday afternoon baseball that wasn't scheduled by FOX.

Anything pre mid to late 90's expansion/relocation explosion.

Decent prices for tickets and concessions...

Watching sports on TV has changed over the years and here's some that I miss...

NFL

AstroTurf

This.

atlanta_falcons.jpg

looks wayyy better than

2741559910_47110cc14e_b.jpg

Also:

Sports Specialties team script hats (mainly the L.A. Raiders hats made famous by N.W.A.)

Pat Summerall doing play-by-play

Mediocre bowl games not being played past January 1 (International Bowl, GMAC bowl, bowls other than the Capital One, Cotton, Outback, and BCS bowls)

NBA on NBC

The NOB arching on Atlanta Braves jerseys from 1987-2005

Watching sports on TV has changed over the years and here's some that I miss...

NFL

AstroTurf

This.

atlanta_falcons.jpg

looks wayyy better than

2741559910_47110cc14e_b.jpg

Also:

Sports Specialties team script hats (mainly the L.A. Raiders hats made famous by N.W.A.)

Pat Summerall doing play-by-play

Mediocre bowl games not being played past January 1 (International Bowl, GMAC bowl, bowls other than the Capital One, Cotton, Outback, and BCS bowls)

NBA on NBC

The NOB arching on Atlanta Braves jerseys from 1987-2005

It also ruined many great players careers and hurts like a female dog. It was concrete with a rug over it for god sake.

Even though I'm not a boxing fan I do miss CBS & NBC showing Boxing on Saturday afternoon when they were no Baseball & Hockey season.

And I do miss NBC Sportsworld & of course ABC Wide World Of Sports.

Great choices. I remember this. Now I miss it.

I'd watch This Week In Baseball in the morning and boxing in the afternoon. Horse Racing too!