What Floats Your Boat Logo Version

UnclearInitial

Two words: NIKE. SOCCER.

Seriously, Nike (& Umbro since technically they are Nike too) has been putting out some of my favorite looks not only in soccer, but in all of sports. When they take risks, it isn't outrageous like their college football division, it's adventurous but still classy. Exhibit A:

377486_611_Nike_South_Korea_Home_Jersey_2010_zm.jpg

They put in sublimated tiger stripes, yet they didn't go crazy. Awesome shirt.

NBA

-Teams that wear their home jerseys only at home and road jerseys only on the road, excluding holidays/celebrations/special occasions

-Latin Night jerseys, as long as they are not overworn

-Some teams starting to re-embrace pinstripes (CHA, ORL, NOH) - as long as it doesn't spread to too many other teams. Just creates some jersey diversity.

MLB

-The A's being the first team in decades (I think) to get a regular season yellow jersey - although I'll have to see it in action to know whether I really like it.

-The Mariners (seemingly?) embracing teal a little more (or maybe it's just that they are getting a teal throwback? I wasn't sure)

-The Rays plaid-billed hats... as long as they don't overdo it. (Do they plan on wearing those ever again?)

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Color on color becoming more popular.

Yes. USC/UCLA looks great when they both wear their home uniforms, and I absolutely loved seeing UA/ASU color v. color in Tempe this year.

Also, Arizona simplifying their football uniforms and bringing back the striped white helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the Pro Combat concept executed perfectly. the 2009 sets were bad. the 2010 versions amazing. great branding

blue and orange

monochrome, with the right colors

3 color logos

football helmets that feature a unique design rather than a logo. Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Bengals, Browns, etc.

good throwbacks

Oregon football uniforms

anything that had a lot of thought put into it, with good design/branding decisions, relevent to the area, includes team/city history, and is unique. TB Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks, and Chicago Bears come to mind.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

General: Block numbers

General: Two colors (plus white)

General: long-lasting identities (note to Canucks, Padres, etc.)

MLB: NOB on the road, NNOB at home

MLB: white vs. gray

Football: Older-style helmets with round ear-holes

Football: Silhouette helmet logos

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NHL

05) Complicated number fonts going by the wayside

Granted some of them looked cool when they were released but alot of them (The Capitals Bronze and Blue era font comes to mind) left alot to be desired.

04) Retro Fad

Yes this was on what grinds my gears as well but the retro fad can go either way. Alot of designs deserve to come back like the Devils Red and Green jersey, The Flames retro 89, and the Leafs Gilmour era jerseys.

03) Brighter Colours making in a comeback

In the 90's there was a concious effort among marketing wonks to darken every teams colours to the point where they almost appeared black, no doubt to trying to capitalize on the strong merchandise sales of the Los Angeles Kings. A couple examples are the Oilers, Islanders and Stars. Thankfully two of those teams have ditched those dull palettes and gone back to their classic colours. Come on Dallas, bring back Kelly Green!

02) Horizontal Stripes making a comeback

There was nothing wrong with horizontal stripes. Its how a hockey jersey is supposed to look yet when Reebok re-designed butchered the league only 11 of 30 teams sported them. Thankfully most of the jerseys released since have brought back this essential design element.

01) Reebok's hideous vision for jerseys slowly being phased out.

By next season ten of the initial Edge uniform sets will have been replaced with more traditional designs. Tacky design elements the age of Reebok ushered in like piping, front numbers, vertical stripes, those stupid looking socks and templated jerseys are slowly vanishing.

Agreed on #3. The Flyers bringing back the orange really made them feel like the Flyers again. I liked the black jerseys, but they should be relegated to the alts. This year they were eliminated outright in the retro push and I miss them. Hopefully, they can find some balance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

It's really funny to hear how everyone disses the Reebok Edge template when Nike first introduced it with the Swift template. Remember the 2006 Winter Olympics?

http://www.shopusahockey.com/store/p/368-Nike-Swift-Team-USA-Hockey-Authentic-Away-Jersey.html

Others have said it before...the teams don't have to use those designs. New Jersey, Montreal and Boston have proven you can have traditional styles with the new uniforms. It's only certain teams that have decided that new materials = crazy striping and piping.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Others have said it before...the teams don't have to use those designs. New Jersey, Montreal and Boston have proven you can have traditional styles with the new uniforms. It's only certain teams that have decided that new materials = crazy striping and piping.

Yes those teams initial Edge jerseys were fine. But keep in mind these are teams that refused to give into Reebok's vision for the league which initially included tucking in the jerseys (try having traditional styles on those). Make no mistake if Reebok had it their way, the Devils Candiens and Bruins would all be wearing horizontal piped, futurisitc, templated rags. There was an article that said the Detroit Red Wings were presented with a futuristic Reebok jersey during the design process and they refused to change.

If you don't think Reebok's vision for the league was awful, keep in mind that they were the proponents for the slug.

Archived