Football Giants 2011 throwback?

nybatt

Ugh. Reason #2,158,885 why I'm not a mathemagician.

Either way, I don't see anything to support a Puma contract with the NFL beyond its individual team uniform contracts.

you're correct...puma actually took over all of the teams that were sponsored by logo...I think the big hullabaloo over dallas and nike is that nike was not a league approved uniform licensee at the time and jones wanted to negotiate his own deal...obviously it was resolved the next season and nike got into the uniform game.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was no Puma league-wide contract, although they did outfit several clubs.

Reebok's 2002 deal was the first league-wide uniform manufacuring contract. At the time it was signed in 2000, Adidas outfitted 5 clubs, Puma 13, and Nike 13 (I don't know about the remaining 10). Reebok took over many contracts right away - in 2001, the last year before single-supplier, Adidas still had 5 teams, Reebok had 20, and Champion supplied 5. The following year, 2002, Reebok had all 32 teams.

In 2000, there were only 31 teams, so you covered them all.

32 teams in 2000. Cleveland was revived in 1999

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There was no Puma league-wide contract, although they did outfit several clubs.

Reebok's 2002 deal was the first league-wide uniform manufacuring contract. At the time it was signed in 2000, Adidas outfitted 5 clubs, Puma 13, and Nike 13 (I don't know about the remaining 10). Reebok took over many contracts right away - in 2001, the last year before single-supplier, Adidas still had 5 teams, Reebok had 20, and Champion supplied 5. The following year, 2002, Reebok had all 32 teams.

In 2000, there were only 31 teams, so you covered them all.

32 teams in 2000. Cleveland was revived in 1999

31 until the Houston Texans came along in 2002

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I'd kill to have that gumball helmet in my collection :-) [no killing would actually occur - this is called sarcasm]

gumballs5.jpg

Fakes, all of them. I mean the real thing. :D

THESE are real (and mine)

gumball2a.jpg

gumball1a.jpg

Are these worth anything? I have 2 whole sets of teams, all original.

spacer.png

throwing back to your previous set is the sorriest excuse ever for the throwback concept...there was a reason that the giants moved away from those uniforms in the fact that they are totally generic and bland, were nearly identical to the bills uniforms (sans helmet), and were mediocre in terms of merch sales.

there isn't anyone on the giants that I know of that wore those but the cardinal sin of throwbacks is throwing back to a uniform when you still have a player on the roster that wore them as standard issue.

NYG and Bills jerseys nearly identical .... That has been mentioned more times than I can count, so true. Teams used to be able to choose their own uniform and apparel manufacturer, when did that change, anyone know?? I remember Dallas protesting the system and Jerry Jones had all sideline coaches wear blank team apparel in either navy or white.

SF after their late 90s uniform change, went back to their previous uniform set around 10 years later and it worked for them. Only tweaking that I noticed is that they tweaked down the width of the pant striping and kept the newer tri-color logo.

I'd like to see the Cardinals switch back to their prior uniform set but keep the newer logo .... when wearing white with red pants they'd sure look a helluva lot better. I liked when they had that AZ flag on the sleeves but the bird on top made the sleeves too busy.

3692643.jpg4942870.jpg

I thought these were excellent:

display_image.jpg?x=291369

Both of these sets, especially the Cardinals make me wanna throw up. We don't need Penn State uniforms in the NFL, the teams can afford to pay extra money for some color.

spacer.png

We don't need Penn State uniforms in the NFL, the teams can afford to pay extra money for some color.

Color, or a lack thereof, does not make a uniform look good. There are at least 5 different colors going on in this monstrosity:

terrell-owens-buffalo-bills.jpg

No one in their right mind can think this looks good.

Is that a real photo? Looks like the wrong NOB font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We don't need Penn State uniforms in the NFL, the teams can afford to pay extra money for some color.

Color, or a lack thereof, does not make a uniform look good. There are at least 5 different colors going on in this monstrosity:

I personally love those jerseys, I personally own the Home set to that Bills look.

spacer.png

Both of these sets, especially the Cardinals make me wanna throw up. We don't need Penn State uniforms in the NFL, the teams can afford to pay extra money for some color.

Agreed, but the Cardinals current set isn't good either. There's gotta be some happy medium they can pull off, right?

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

No one in their wrong mind either !!

Even the green people wouldn't wear 'em :grin:

09000d5d81b32c6d_gallery_600.jpg

I'd kill to have that gumball helmet in my collection :-) [no killing would actually occur - this is called sarcasm]

gumballs5.jpg

Fakes, all of them. I mean the real thing. :D

THESE are real (and mine)

gumball2a.jpg

gumball1a.jpg

Are these worth anything? I have 2 whole sets of teams, all original.

The value of your sets depends on (1) when they're from, and (2) their condition.

Yes they have some value. How old are your sets?

It's where I sit.

Ugh. Reason #2,158,885 why I'm not a mathemagician.

Either way, I don't see anything to support a Puma contract with the NFL beyond its individual team uniform contracts.

I stand corrected. Serves me right for going off memory.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The Giants uniforms of the 80's were the best, way better than the current ones they're wear today. Sans the NY logo on the helmet... keep that.

Oh, you mean the ones with the navy blue helmet and the royal blue jersey?

7nj2n.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Anybody notice the Giants are wearing their away pants at home tonight against da Bears?

They had long been wearing these for home games:

09000d5d81a748e2_gallery_600.jpg

Yet tonight they're wearing these pants (below) with their blue jerseys ...

09000d5d81aae990_gallery_600.jpg

Archived