Winnipeg Jets Concept Logo

JQK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this latest edition of the logo. It feels like only a secondary/shoulder logo, though. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic logo, but feels like it should be part of a full set rather than standing on its own.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Nice work. I would suggest, however, that the small cuts where the body and the wing meet should either be beefed up to be made more visible or be done away with altogether. They're barely visible at normal size and get completely lost at smaller size.

I'd also argue that the added colors/dimension aren't necessary. The original mark looked cleaner. The added dimension just adds more spot colors when it isn't really all that effective. I think your execution is fine, but I just don't think you need it.

I think the shield has helped it out, not as tall as the other version. I do agree, either take out the cuts in the wing or beef them and lose the shadow color.

My main issue is the weird negative space that's created on the sides of the W and the end of the wings. I also think the interaction of the planes tail with the W creates a forced look right now. Maybe don't try to be so literal, think more abstract, make it an overall mark, not a plane with a W in a shield. These are all just suggestions b/c you have a pretty strong logo here, just like to see you make it a great logo. Nice work.

I wouldn't mind the plane keeping the two-tone, but the W is supposed to be contrails, which are fluffy and anything but solid. It should only be one colour.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I look at these concepts with artist eye and passion sports fan

And what do we look at them with?

Great work, Kinger. Really love the jerseys. Wouldn't mind seeing those babies hit the ice.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived