Chilliwak Bruins no more

kiwi_canadian

Rumor mill is spinning here in Victoria and in the WHL. Sources have said that RG Properties (who own Save-On-Foods Memorial Center in Victoria and the Salmon Kings of the ECHL) have completed 70% of a deal to buy the Chilliwak Bruins and move them to Victoria. The reason behind this? Apperenltly with the impeding relocation of the Coyotes to Winnipeg (which may also let on that the WHL, AHL and Manitoba Moose know more about that situation than others), the WHL wants to keep the AHL out of Victoria so they can have that market to themselves. If this situation doesn't play out, perhaps us Victorians can look forward to seeing AHL action next season. Here's the article from CKNW:

Chilliwak Moving

Here are the rumors of the logo and jersey for next season:

photo.jpg

vwack.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Fraser Valley now has two new arenas and one is empty. That's not good. Maybe the Canucks can just put their affiliate in Chilliwack. That'd be wack.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very interesting! The move to Victoria might also increase Nanaimo's chances of landing a WHL franchise...rumours pop up here every few years, but it likely wouldn't happen without a team in Victoria to make a road swing to the Island worthwhile for visiting teams.

Oh yeah, and we'd also need something bigger and better than the 3000 seat Frank Crane Arena!

I can haz sig?

So the Fraser Valley now has two new arenas and one is empty. That's not good. Maybe the Canucks can just put their affiliate in Chilliwack. That'd be wack.

I was kind of hoping the hope that Bakaford would get a travel partner in the same province was the only reason this farcical experiment continued. Please let the Canucks put their affiliate somewhere besides British Columbia.

(Although it would be hilarious if Bakaford did something insanely stupid and asserted territorial rights to the Chilliwack market.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That V looks incredibly awkward on the spoked wheel, and quite frankly, half arsed. Aren't we generally supposed to not see how the logo was stuck together in the background?

Agreed...it looks craptacular!

Victoria needs to get the "Cougars" identity back from Prince George, and let PG come up with something new.

(And there it is my logo-obsessed friends, my 100th post. Passing the century mark, and it took me only 6+ years to do it!)

I can haz sig?

That V looks incredibly awkward on the spoked wheel, and quite frankly, half arsed. Aren't we generally supposed to not see how the logo was stuck together in the background?

Agreed...it looks craptacular!

Victoria needs to get the "Cougars" identity back from Prince George, and let PG come up with something new.

(And there it is my logo-obsessed friends, my 100th post. Passing the century mark, and it took me only 6+ years to do it!)

I agree...and I should also mention that those pictures were from someone on hfboards who said that those pics can't be entirely credible. I must say though that I would have a thumbs down f that was to be the name and logos. If they do get the Bruins, a new identity needs to be done.

Perfect opportunity to roll this bad boy out full time...

geb0izlbklc6fdqxhlyjftdfg.gif

In honour of this:

800px-Wawadit%27la%28Mungo_Martin_House%29_a_Kwakwaka%27wakw_big_house.jpg

Wawadit'la, also known as Mungo Martin House, a Kwakwaka'wakw "big house", with heraldic totem poles. Built by Chief Mungo Martin in 1953. Located at Thunderbird Park in Victoria, British Columbia.

What will become of the Salmon Kings?

It's possible the ECHL club could move to Chilliwack. That is under discussion.

In the event the Moose are forced to leave from Winnipeg, there have been discussions about the possibility of the Calgary Flames moving their AHL affiliate to Chilliwack, and the Vancouver Canucks affiliate relocating to Abbotsford.

There is also the possibility of the BCHL's Langley Chiefs - which are owned by Keith - moving back to Chilliwack, but there are issues surrounding their current home, the Langley Events Centre which would complicate that move.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not quite sure the Flames sticking their affiliate in the next town down the road is going to mitigate the Abbotsford disaster in any way shape or form.

Would the ex-Moose get the same retarded lease the Heat got?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well they did build an 8000 seat arena at Canada Olympic Park here in Calgary. In a perfect world the Flames could move the Heat here to Calgary. They'd get more support here then they ever would in Abby.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just keep the unFlames out of BC. BC generally wants nothing to do with Alberta, and vice versa. Putting a Flames farm team 50 miles from Vancouver was an incredibly stupid thing to do; moving them 30 miles down the road to Chilliwack, other than allowing them to keep the same jerseys and logos as Calgary, is just as dumb.

Go to Calgary Olympic Park. Call them the Sparks, because Sparks lead to Flames, and be done with it.

I just made that up. It's a stupid name, but it's better than Heat, because Abbotsford ain't that hot.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just keep the unFlames out of BC. BC generally wants nothing to do with Alberta, and vice versa. Putting a Flames farm team 50 miles from Vancouver was an incredibly stupid thing to do; moving them 30 miles down the road to Chilliwack, other than allowing them to keep the same jerseys and logos as Calgary, is just as dumb.

Go to Calgary Olympic Park. Call them the Sparks, because Sparks lead to Flames, and be done with it.

I just made that up. It's a stupid name, but it's better than Heat, because Abbotsford ain't that hot.

What would happen to the Hitmen? Can Calgary support WHL, AHL and NHL?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Curious why they'd be on the Pittsburgh template then, why not Boston?

This of course if Phoenix moves to Winnipeg, then it's all for naught when the Phoenix purchase happen.

Curious why they'd be on the Pittsburgh template then, why not Boston?

This of course if Phoenix moves to Winnipeg, then it's all for naught when the Phoenix purchase happen.

I was wondering that myself. They even seem to be using Vegas gold instead of yellow as their second color. What's up with that?

CCSLC signature.png

im excited to get high level hockey back in victoria, but seriously ditch the spoked wheel but keep that awesome 3rd logo, not sure how i feel about the bruins name but if the new owners want to keep it then why not.

im not sure why they would be trying so hard to keep the ahl out of victoria though, i think relocating the moose here would be awesome!!

Archived