Outcasts Softball Logo Concept

AdAstraKC

I think you should add eyes to the ball because it just looks weird putting a bandanna on a baseball with no face. I love the wordmark though but not sure about the underline in it. It looks a bit odd not being attached to the S

3535rx3.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

I had thought about eyes. I question my ability to execute them well, but I can take a crack at it.

With the underline, I was kind of thinking something along the lines of what the Twins have on their current sets. I don't know that connecting the underline to the S would really work with this font either.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I want to make sure I totally understand this concept. You know what an outcast is, right? Is it a some sort of joke that they are called the Outcasts? Because that's a pretty bad name for a team unless it's supposed to be a joke. Are you sure you didn't mean Outlaws?

But also, what's with the vertical line down the triangular part of the bandana? It looks kind of forced, and also would that fold even be typically be there? And for what matter, what about the horizontal fold along the top of the bandana?

ay-cowboy.jpg

The bandana-around-baseball is a nice look though. I just wanted to understand why they are called the Outcasts and why we can see these folds in the bandana.

The wordmarks are great - both the OUTCASTS and the SOFTBALL.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Thanks for the comments guys.

I made the design with the name Outlaws in mind. Turns out the team's name is Outcasts. I'm not too crazy about it either, but it's what they use. My bro-in-law still wants to use this logo with the Outcast name though. Fine with me.

I definitely hear what you are saying with the vertical line. I disagree about the horizontal one though. I think that those folds can be found in bandanas, at the very least I like movement. The bandana in the picture you showed looks like it might be starched. If I made one to mimic that it would look like a sheet, without any movement. I'll keep trying to adjust that vertical line.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

The more i look at it... if you decide on adding eyes you can angle the seams more and they could act as anger eyebrows... just a thought.

Like this?

crb-option-one.jpg

Clearly mine isn't original (replaced the Quad Cities logo that this team was using) and feel free to duplicate the effect. Just showing an option of how you can do it.

Archived