"Meet the Nets"

Conrad.

The problem with that is the assumption that only retro, heritage-based uniforms can be a good design. If the only acceptable road for teams to take is to go retro, then what's the point of having a uniform design industry, when the only direction anyone's going in is backwards? I call going retro the "lazy road" because there's no attempt at creativity, it's just an easy way to make a quick buck.

Honestly, though, I think this modern vs. retro debate needs its own thread, because it's infected a lot of others lately.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with that is the assumption that only retro, heritage-based uniforms can be a good design. If the only acceptable road for teams to take is to go retro, then what's the point of having a uniform design industry, when the only direction anyone's going in is backwards? I call going retro the "lazy road" because there's no attempt at creativity, it's just an easy way to make a quick buck.

That's a straw man - nobody has ever said that.

Besides, adapting an old design to modern cuts and materials is at least as creative as a point-and-click template filler.

Honestly, though, I think this modern vs. retro debate needs its own thread, because it's infected a lot of others lately.

That's all any of this is. Nothing in the sports industry (any industry actually) is not done with the intent to make a quick buck, whether that is coming out with a new jersey design or bringing back an old one.

jNTsTyQ.png

Can't see them diminishing Brooklyn that much in the design. Seems they'd want it to feature more prominently than that.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

That's a straw man - nobody has ever said that.

Besides, adapting an old design to modern cuts and materials is at least as creative as a point-and-click template filler.

Just like the Browns going to a gray mask. The white one made that those helmet colors pop (Insert concussion joke here).

And also the Colts blue they had before the retro fitting was unique and nice.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Believe it or not, I actually like those Nets uniforms. But I'd rather not see another team go down the lazy road of just bringing back an old uniform verbatim.

/burns dictionary

//cries

Believe it or not, I actually like those Nets uniforms. But I'd rather not see another team go down the lazy road of just bringing back an old uniform verbatim.

/burns dictionary

//cries

:lol:

/burns dictionary

//cries

:slow applause:

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Nets_NPC_BB_H_1.jpgNets_NPC_BB_R_1.jpg

Nets_Court_2.jpg

Shorts need to be a more sensible length, but that's what the Nets should look like. The old ABA franchises should pay more attention to there old identities, especially when they are so distinctive and rich as this. I think this identity is as good as the Brooklyn Nets could get.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Question of the day:

Why even come to this site when all it seems to be is regurgitated UniWatch columns?

2 out of 25 topics on the front page is considered "all?" Wow.

Anyways, I actually wouldn't mind the Nets finding some way to modernize the ABA-era unis & use that as the basis for a new look in Brooklyn. Not like this, though. Doing this & calling it a concept is pretty damn lazy, and I'd criticize the Nets for being lazy if all they did was just go back to the 70s & slap "Brooklyn" where "New Jersey" used to be.

That man's shorts are too long

Hey man, I know we all pine for the good ol' days where coke cost a nickel, and the dames and all our pals did the Charleston while the jukebox roared some of our favorite tunes after we ordered some malts from the soda jerk, but dude, they're just shorts.

I still want to see the Brooklyn Nets/Knights in full-blown Brooklyn Dodgers crossover uniform concept.

The current Nets colors seem completely perfect for the task; and I think this sort of crossover would be the first justifiable use of gray basketball roads.

Archived