NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.::FLAMES UPDATE::.

I've added a second option for the C logo and a standalone F. Does anyone have a lace-up collar for the uniform template I'm using? If not, I will have to render one and the uniforms won't be up as soon. C&C please.

flames_id2.jpg

Those two "C" logos look pretty much the exact same from this perch. ^_^

Getting beyond all that, I like what you've done here. Put a different spin on the flaming "C"--though if I were to point out one thing, your keylines could be thicker than what they are now. Also, don't know if it was intentional (and if it was, then smart thinking), but that flaming "A" in the FLAMES wordmark pays a nice lil' homage to the team's days in Atlanta. (As an aside, for those who might not be sure how that team got the name in the first place, research the story of General Sherman and the "March to the Sea" from the Civil War...you might discover that both this team and Chicago's MLS club share a pretty interesting parallel as far as name origins go).

The flaming horsehead is almost there--but for whatever reason, it seems too broad up front. I like the "flames as eyes" thing, though (as well as the ear). In regards to your numbers...this is the tricky thing about drafting an identity that features italics: as set now, those numbers probably either wouldn't fit on a jersey, or they would look super-shrinked vertically. (I've run into that same problem several different times in the past.)

Me personally...I have a serious peeve with monograms that use the first letter of the team nickname...but that's just me. Honestly, I don't even think you need it. All that said, I'll be looking to see how your uniforms turn out.

(Speaking of which...did I mention before that those San Jose Sharks third sweaters are the HOTNESS???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

.::ANOTHER FLAMES UPDATE::.

Thanks for the great advice Buc. The outline on the horse is thicker, although it isn't on the type because it would close up some of the negative space between the individual flames. The A is a tribute to both the Atlanta years and the team's current alternate patch (a hint for the uniforms). The horse head also now has a slimmer chin. I think it helps. The numbers have been elongated so they better fit the proportions of a jersey. I kept the F logo in as an option, and I may ditch it if it doesn't appear on the uniforms. (I'm not sure if it will yet.)

Oh, and Hawkey, The difference between the two was the in-cut at the bottom of the flames. I have also removed said in-cut from the F. C&C please.

flames_id3.jpg

.:: FLAMES UNFIORMS ::.

Obviously the inspiration here was the Heritage Classic uniforms (my favorite hockey uniforms of all time by the way). I did, however, make a few changes that help the idea work a little better for full-time use. First off, I moved the chest stripe down to the hem. I did this for two reasons: 1) I wanted a solid background for the logo, and 2) The chest stripe is very Canadiens. I didn't want another Canada team using the Habs' signature look. Second, I changed the breezers from beige to red and added the horse head logo. While I liked the beige breezers, my concept is too modern to use vintage white or beige. Beige breezers make more sense for a throwback alternate. On the away version, I made the hem stripe red and kept the sleeves red. The socks are updated to match the jerseys as well. C&C please.

flames_homeuni.jpg

flames_awayuni.jpg

Love these logos. Great jersey concepts - I do miss the black trim (ever so slight) but these are very well done.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I really like the Flames "C" logo you made and the jerseys just make it better. I would make an alternate jersey with the "F" logo, maybe a yellow jersey.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

.:: KINGS PRIMARY LOGO ::.

I have started on the next team: the L.A. Kings. With the Kings, I had to make a choice regarding the color scheme of either purple and gold or black and silver. Since there are numerous teams that are primarily black in the NHL and no teams with purple anywhere in the color scheme other than the Kings, I went for the purple/gold option. The crest is based on the throwback design they have worn this year, although the entire crown is re-rendered. I felt it could be simplified more than the throwback version. I will be working on the secondary logos and type in the near future, but I wanted to get this up for some C&C while I was working on those elements.

lakings_primary.jpg

I am just seeing the Flames for the first time here and I really really like it. The horse head is better than the horse head with flaming nostrils that they really use and your flaming C flows better than the real one. I've always thought the real flaming C could use some fixing and yours is much better.

On the Kings, it's nicely rendered, but I guess just a crown seems somewhat plain to me (altho there is plenty of detail within the crown). I have never liked any of the LA Kings logos and their current crown is boring to me too so it's not your fault. Also, I cant help but see crosses in there. Im not sure if that was intentional or not, it might just be my eyes, but if those are in fact crosses, I dont think any subtle religious symbols should be in sports logos (this coming from a Christian).

But overall, nice work and the Flames is looking nice.

Archived