NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good job on that Flaming F and on the updated Kings crown!

The only small thing I thought you might want to add is a thin purple outline around the yellow jewels.

I am just seeing the Flames for the first time here and I really really like it. The horse head is better than the horse head with flaming nostrils that they really use and your flaming C flows better than the real one. I've always thought the real flaming C could use some fixing and yours is much better.

On the Kings, it's nicely rendered, but I guess just a crown seems somewhat plain to me (altho there is plenty of detail within the crown). I have never liked any of the LA Kings logos and their current crown is boring to me too so it's not your fault. Also, I cant help but see crosses in there. Im not sure if that was intentional or not, it might just be my eyes, but if those are in fact crosses, I dont think any subtle religious symbols should be in sports logos (this coming from a Christian).

But overall, nice work and the Flames is looking nice.

@habs: If you are talking about the yellow jewels along the outside of the logo, then I have to disagree. The yellow keyline will come in handy once I start working on purple jerseys. Plus, I think it would be too many outlines.

@jaha: Originally, I liked the crosses simply because of how they looked in the original logo. Looking at it from a historical perspective, the medieval kings wore subtle crosses within their crowns. So if I am referencing the era, I think it is OK to use hints of that imagery. Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

I agree with you, bohob. Adding adding a thin purple outline would not look good. There are very few logos that look good when the final outline is a darker color. and like you said, you need the lighter color as a border to separate it from things like jerseys. And i hear what youre saying about the crosses earlier. the crowns look good.

Your Sharks alternate, the bolt-B logo for the Lightning, and all of the flames stuff (especially that gorgeous red uniform) are excellent, Bohob. Well done.

As for the Kings logo, I like your progression on it. The reduction of the purple (velvet) is what it needed. Even though the silhouette is now more complex (with the extra jewels), it looks clean and works very well.

So far so good. Keep it up.

If I were you, bohob, I'd lose the 3-D perspective on that crown and go straight for the 2-D...it works better as a "symbol" that way, instead of "literally being a crown", if that makes any sense. This may just be my own screwed-up mind, but in that render, I'm seeing "LA Crowns" rather than "LA Kings".

All that having been said, EXCELLENT job on rendering the crown. The extra jewels incorporated into the keyline is genius. I'd have prefered a purple/black/silver scheme myself, but this one here does have history on its side (and ties into it's NBA building mate, as well). The only other thing I recommend is squaring out the corners of those cross-thingys above the brim of the crown (I don't know what they're actually called, sorry)...with them being rounded off, the whole crown kinda loses "strength".

All in all, good stuff, dude. Imma be looking for those unis.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

.:: LOS ANGELES KINGS LOGO SET ::.

I wanted to get this up to show where I'm going with the set. I have a secondary with a banner behind the crown, and an LA logo. I also have two options of a wordmark-crown combo, one being black and silver for the thirds. C&C please.

lakings_id.jpg

I really like where this series is going. The only one I didn't like was the sharks, although it was VERY unique. I loved the flames stuff, just cause it was different. The jerseys reminded me of what the heritage classic should have looked like. They are so much better than the "Ronald MacDonald Jersey". I am loving the flaming horse too, its so badass looking, kind of like the zephyr series horse logo. The Tampa Bay secondary is really cool too, I've always thought a T with a lightning bolt would be neat, but never thought of the cloud part, can you try connecting them? Also maybe as part of the white space inside of the B make it cloud shaped?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well, I do like the Kings redesign. Good number font and script, but the alternate "LA" logo looks funny - different font or something. Not really a fan of the Calgary Flames treatment. I just am not feeling the C or F with flams, although I think I like the F better. The red/yellow pallate is harsh to begin with - I wonder if a touch of black is needed.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

.:: LOS ANGELES KINGS LOGO SET UPDATE & UNIFORMS ::.

I have updated the numbers to match the wordmark and the LA logo. I have als9o worked up some uniforms for the Kings. The overall style uses a single broad stripe with piping accents around the yoke and on the breezers. The homes are purple, while the aways are yellow. One of my biggest peeves in sports is that so many teams default to white for their away (or home) uniforms. I wanted to make a yellow away for the Kings as part of the solution to this. (I also like the use of "vintage white" in hockey and baseball.) The black and silver logo, as I had stated, is for the thirds, which I haven't worked on yet. Once I get those up, it's on to the Thrashers, which I've already started. Spoiler Alert: expect a total re-brand, color palette and all.

lakings_id2.jpg

lakings_homeuni.jpg

lakings_awayuni.jpg

The aways are yellow. I couldn't tell you why they would show up brown.

oops my bad. they showed up as brown because of the spot my laptop screen was sitting (more down then up) but I see there yellow now. good job on the set.

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Archived